HDD: Billboard removed bundles from Hillsong United

Hector

Word has it that Billboard has stripped roughly 20-25k in ticket-bundle redemptions from Capitol Christian-distribbed Hillsong United, costing them the #1 spot on the Billboard 200 chart. The 11th-hour decision essentially disallowed units that have never been excluded before. Will this be codified as a rule going forward, or will a subjective call be made on every chart about how chart bundles are handled? Or will we see the application of some new arbitrary standard, perhaps based on the phase of the moon or the reading of chicken entrails at Bible HQ?

Also, what format is Lil Nas X?

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=316318&title=SILVIO-STRIKES-AGAIN

Doesn't matter, I'm SO happy P!nk got that #1 album :clap3: 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mat.91

• Green

• Hector

• Braz

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Only legends can cheat the system with bundles. No cults, no tax dodgers, no pedophiles allowed!

And where was this protocol when Travis Scott went #1 on Billboard 200 & Hot 100 due to 69-cent bundles including his single and album? As much as I do love SICKO MODE being a #1 hit.

Ticket & merch bundles are the biggest unmonitored/fraudulent joke ever.

They should do this to all albums going forward.

Oh no x

???

So, they just decided to single out HU? :skull: 

They better keep the same energy moving forward cause they always make stuff up as they go 

7 minutes ago, Hector said:

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=316318&title=SILVIO-STRIKES-AGAIN

Doesn't matter, I'm SO happy P!nk got that #1 album :clap3: 

Happy for her now, but I feel like this precedent is going to come back to bite and lose Madonna the number 1 for Madame X (let's be real, the only way #1 is possible is relying on tour bundles).

Like if this becomes the norm, it is just going to go even further towards completely shutting out older/legacy artists from charting on BB.

butterflysupreme

How anti-christian of them! I-

Maybe cause it’s religious and you cant sell church bundles 

1 minute ago, That Bad Eartha said:

Happy for her now, but I feel like this precedent is going to come back to bite and lose Madonna the number 1 for Madame X (let's be real, the only way #1 is possible is relying on tour bundles).

Like if this becomes the norm, it is just going to go even further towards completely shutting out older/legacy artists from charting on BB.

I know, I'm hoping this is a one-off. Veteran artists NEED tour bundles in order to have somewhat of a level playing field with the young and hip pop and urban acts that dominate with streams. 

me would’ve ended up at #3 :skull: 

1 minute ago, DemiRexha said:

Maybe cause it’s religious and you cant sell church bundles 

Exactly. 

Nevertheless, never a fan of taking into account ticket bundles into album sales.

P!nk snagging a 400k week because of bundles and then gaining a #1 album because someone else's weren't counted :skull: 

2 minutes ago, That Bad Eartha said:

I don’t think Madge would be gaining that much from bundles this time around anyway with those

theater shows

I actually like tour bundles being included :emofish: it gives older acts who aren’t able to get good streaming numbers a fair chart position

They should remove bundles for albums. It's ridiculous. I'm only okay with shows tickets, but they keep allowing merch bundles.

2 minutes ago, thirdward said:

ME! is a single, so this BB200 change wouldn't affect anything for it

Just now, thirdward said:

Why would ME! be affected by ticket bundles? 

---

OT: What exactly did they bundle it with?

2 minutes ago, Temporal said:

P!nk snagging a 400k week because of bundles and then gaining a #1 album because someone else's weren't counted :skull: 

The way she always wins ;)

Btw, I'm curious to know what kind of bundles they've excluded. 

Good. Keep this up going forward :clap3: 

It's not Pink's fault they bundled this ANTI-LGBT alberm with a holy water bottle. It does not count!!!

1 minute ago, Braz said:

It's not Pink's fault they bundled this ANTI-LGBT alberm with a holy water bottle. It does not count!!!

:gaycat1:

Talent won

5 minutes ago, Temporal said:

The biggest kii of them all 

2 minutes ago, cityfolk said:

ME! is a single, so this BB200 change wouldn't affect anything for it

I think the poster is getting at the fact that ME! also used bundles (it was just a single rather than an album) and if Billboard disallowed certain bundles in general it could impact the singles chart 

HDD is shady as **** too.

They were predicting 119 k, Billboard says 107k and now they claim 25k units were removed? The math DOES. NOT. ADD. UP.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.