[Sowoneul malhaebwa!] Girls' Generation Singles Rate

1,024 posts in this topic

Another smash :worship2:

Released in October 2010 and it ended up making Top 10 Gaon Year-End digital chart in just two months :jonny5:

When Tiffany broke her ankle and SM had to send an actress named Song Yoon Ah to lowkey replace her in this stage :lmao:

Deserves Top 20 :chick1:

14 minutes ago, Sheegs said:

Does this song not exist anymore?

Top 10 worthy honestly

Loved it back in the days but it's truly forgagatten. Meanwhile "BEEP BEEP" still sounds fresh.

2 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

Loved it back in the days but it's truly forgagatten. Meanwhile "BEEP BEEP" still sounds fresh.

The one time they actually took the bubblegum Jpop sound. :jonny5:

7 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

One of my all-time faves :psyduck:

16 ballots in!

I will try to push this rate til 50 ballots if that's possible. If not, I will close voting maybe in 10 days and start the countdown on next Sunday (May 19)

zu3VGo9.gif

Posted (edited)

@Pikachu @Lights and Waves @Nein @Kyungsoowift @Eternium @Monster Boy @Yvwllis1 @Ryan @CrisPop

@Siren @TheSoneNavy @Zack

@2NE1Kmagic @Robyn @Evolution @Nurr @Ohno @8thPrince@BlackAura @sunny @RobDeWittBukater @Park Jinyoung @Blueberry Kisses @Bxtch

I’m soooo sorry for bothering a lot of you Sones and friends but please think about participating in the rate just like I thought about y’all to tag lol pay me no mind if you’re not interested :heart2:

Okay I'll do it :heart2: I'll send later

can you remind me this weekend :chick1: 

I'ma do this but I don't know if I can handle the emotional strain of watching You Think be #30

:jonny:

sending mine :gaycat4:

This SMASHA! Gee and Genie did fine but I think SJJD didn’t really breakthru in Japan til Mr. Taxi. The yellow outfits were ICONIC :jonny5:

However, I prefer the Korean version. When SM repacked The Boys with Mr. Taxi as the title, they said there was gonna be a music video for it too but it turned out to be this ****ing live performance at a tour stop with the "MV" tag in the video title and Sones were not having iT :lmao:

Deserves Top 10 honestly, one of their signature hits in Japan :clap3:

18 votes in :chick2:

15 hours ago, Harranger said:

@Pikachu @Lights and Waves @Nein @Kyungsoowift @Eternium @Monster Boy @Yvwllis1 @Ryan

@2NE1Kmagic @Robyn @Evolution @Nurr @Ohno @8thPrince@BlackAura @sunny @RobDeWittBukater @Park Jinyoung @Blueberry Kisses @Bxtch

I’m soooo sorry for bothering a lot of you Sones and friends but please think about participating in the rate just like I thought about y’all to tag lol pay me no mind if you’re not interested :heart2:

I only know like 4 of their singles so I can't really participate nn

zu3VGo9.gif

Sorry for being a flop :chick3:

THE MOST LEGENDARY COMEBACK OF ALL TIME :jonny5: The roll out was kinda a mess. SM pushed the release back three weeks because of some reasons I can't remember.

Best selling album of 2011 although it only got two tracking months with sales of 380k copies :jonny: super massive for a gg album in a much weaker climate for album sales and on top of that, The Boys' packaging was not even good looking lmao

There was a video for the English version too but it has since been deleted. Both videos logged 3.6 million streams after its first 24 hours (2.0 million for the Korean version, 1.6 million for the English version), an impressive number for streaming in 2011 :clap3:

Digital Daesang winner, 12 music show trophies, etc.

Their first (and only) attempt to venture into the American music scene but none of the girls were there for that except for Tiffany :cm:

Again, Jessica slayed the most during this era :smitten:

Deserves Top 10 :heart2:

------

20 votes in :chick2:

22 hours ago, Harranger said:

@Pikachu @Lights and Waves @Nein @Kyungsoowift @Eternium @Monster Boy @Yvwllis1 @Ryan

:jonny5:

I send mine already. Hope that my Genie sabotage works (sorry girl, still love u :weeps: and Mr Mr propelled to number 1 spot :alexz:

Btw, I used to hate Dancing Queen for no reason then this performance makes me kinda love it?, Queens Generation do have an amazing vocal line :worship:

On 5/8/2019 at 10:48 PM, blackout77 said:

I'm still working on mine 

Part of me wants to sabotage Genie cause all the payola it's getting but "[Insert City/Country they're performing in] PUT IT BACK OOOOONNN" is so iconic that I kinda wanna put it high 

idk what to do

It's hard for me too but things need to be done :keir:

THIS IS ICONIC

On 5/9/2019 at 8:42 AM, Harranger said:

Will definitely do this to sabotage Genie

zu3VGo9.gif

I'm always forgotten  :cries:

when is the deadline? Galaxy Supernova for the win! 

32 minutes ago, M-P-B said:

I'm always forgotten  :cries:

when is the deadline? Galaxy Supernova for the win! 

I’m soooooorrrrryyyyyyyyyy :cries:

I will close voting next Sunday or a week later :heart2:

Posted (edited)

Just send mine. 

I kinda know what song will win, but I want to see where the others rank. 

Doing this rn, gimme an hour and a half. I'm revisiting some songs :lakitu: 

And sent, hopefully the results won't be that predictable  :lakitu: 

I don't have enough words... the K-pop print for girl groups in Japan :jonny5:

The release day was LEGENDARY, my bias Yoona just OWNS it in this one :jonny5:

Best J-pop song ever tbh. Deserves Top 5 :heart2:

---

22 votes in :heart2:

@Ryan sorry for endlessly bothering you lately but may you please insert this gif on the homepage? It looks naked :weeps: Thank you so so much :heart2:

tenor.gif?itemid=8616556

11 minutes ago, Harranger said:

@Ryan sorry for endlessly bothering you lately but may you please insert this gif on the homepage? It looks naked :weeps: Thank you so so much :heart2:

tenor.gif?itemid=8616556

Done. Also sorry for not addressing previous tags. I usually only click on the most recent since I get so many notifications now.