Beyoncé's 7/11 hits 500 million views on Youtube

Destiny

Another version is at 52 million views :clap3:

:clap3: wasn't one version removed as well (which had quite high views) or am i mistaking it with another song?

Starting a career in 1997 and still competing in the latest music consumption modes with the new generation...... Literally WHO ELSE ? :fan:

A Smasha! 

56 minutes ago, KingB® said:

:clap3: wasn't one version removed as well (which had quite high views) or am i mistaking it with another song?

That definitely happened with Single Ladies, I don't think it happened with 7/11, but I could be wrong.

But ATRL told me Telephone was her last hit and  the song with 500m views and 300m Spotify plays wasn’t a hit

giphy.gif

If she hadn't messed up the video release back in Nov'15, she would have had another easy top 10... maybe top 5 hit :cm:

Ahh my messy self-sabotaging fave :cm:

If she hadn't messed up the video release back in Nov '15, she would have had another easy top 10... maybe top 5 hit :cm:

Ahh my messy self-sabotaging fave :cm:

Based off of Kworb... she still has 2 7/11 videos listed on her page: One from her personal account (the one above 500M) on the day the song dropped, and another 50M+ video that was released to her Vevo when all of the ST visuals were released. They should really merge the two.

Same with the Private Formation video (50M+ views) and the public one released around Grammy nomination time (167M). 

On 5/5/2019 at 7:39 AM, Fitzswiftie said:

But ATRL told me Telephone was her last hit and  the song with 500m views and 300m Spotify plays wasn’t a hit

giphy.gif

I think Beyoncé is one of the few whose sinlge success isn't primarily determined by Hot 100 positions, especially in these days when she doesn't have "radio deals" anymore.

1 minute ago, Soda Pop Queen said:

I think Beyoncé is one of the few whose sinlge success isn't primarily determined by Hot 100 positions, especially in these days when she doesn't have "radio deals" anymore.

I love how she let her brand do all the jobs, no marketing gimmicks. :flower:

8 hours ago, Soda Pop Queen said:

I agree. Beyonce is proof that you don't need chart hits to succeed. Some of the biggest classics of the 2000s also flopped on the charts. The Scientist by Coldplay is arguably in the top 3 biggest classics of the 2000s and it didn't even chart on the Hot 100 :deadbanana: 

On 5/5/2019 at 8:39 AM, Fitzswiftie said:

giphy.gif

lol!

The standards always shift when it comes time to shade.

12 hours ago, BabyCantYouSee said:

I agree. Beyonce is proof that you don't need chart hits to succeed. Some of the biggest classics of the 2000s also flopped on the charts. The Scientist by Coldplay is arguably in the top 3 biggest classics of the 2000s and it didn't even chart on the Hot 100 :deadbanana: 

THIS.

Plus the fact that "she hasn't had a #1 in over a decade" yet remained one of the most relevant and beloved musicians of her generation and it has nothing to do with legacy and EVERYTHING to do with what she has produced in that decade since Single Ladies.

THAT is legendary, that is superstardom that goes beyond the confines of statistical data.

13 hours ago, BabyCantYouSee said:

Same with Sia’s “Breathe Me”, Adele’s “Make You Feel My Love” and Johnny Cash’s “Hurt”

Hell, even for Bey a case could be made for failed to chart single Pretty Hurts (250m views with a 7min video) and almost 100m Spotify streams  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.