Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Madonna: Madame X Tour [Setlist Spoilers!]

1,365 posts in this topic

On 7/16/2019 at 12:31 PM, merlls said:

If she puts a request song again this time is going to be a mess. I’ll be there requesting Has to Be and she’ll look to me like  :psyduck:

I’d make the same song request lol. 

Not sure she’d remember that song, let alone the lyrics 

1 hour ago, Lemonaade said:

I’d make the same song request lol. 

Not sure she’d remember that song, let alone the lyrics 

not even the gp nor most of ha stans remembers that lil side sing so...hihi

tumblr_puv542YxLJ1qj28qwo1_500.gif

Will the women join you onstage when you perform in a live setting?

“Yes, not only are they in my show, they are my choir in general. They’re my choir in ‘God Control’, ‘Like a Prayer’, ‘Come Alive,’ and ‘I Rise’. They’re even dancing in my show; they’ve become fully integrated in so many ways. It’s amazing. It’s crazy how multi-talented they all are and how ready they are to share this experience. It’s been so great having them become a part of everything. They’re going to blow people away; the world isn’t ready.”

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2019/07/238160/madonna-batuka-music-video-madame-x-interview

1 hour ago, LoveLiveMusic said:

“Yes, not only are they in my show, they are my choir in general. They’re my choir in ‘God Control’, ‘Like a Prayer’, ‘Come Alive,’ and ‘I Rise’. They’re even dancing in my show; they’ve become fully integrated in so many ways. It’s amazing. It’s crazy how multi-talented they all are and how ready they are to share this experience. It’s been so great having them become a part of everything. They’re going to blow people away; the world isn’t ready.”

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2019/07/238160/madonna-batuka-music-video-madame-x-interview

I swear, if she just sits down and sing with them during some of these tracks...... :psyduck:

5 hours ago, LoveLiveMusic said:

Here for this. I feel like it will bring a fun and loose energy to the show that she wants while also being an easy way to mask the fact that he voice ain't the best anymore.

4 hours ago, Oktober Knight said:

I swear, if she just sits down and sing with them during some of these tracks...... :psyduck:

I think we'll get exactly this onstage:

Your dancing here seems improvised. How did you approach it?

“I was completely and utterly inspired by them. And there was no need or call for choreography. The dancing was organic and fluid; I just watched them move and joined them.”

giphy.gif 

We love an unchoreographed queen.

4 hours ago, Oktober Knight said:

That was very effective for her Girlie Show Tour performance of "Rain" where she literally sat with Niki Haris and Donna De Lory. Same with her just standing and sitting alone for "In This Life." 

6c897485528bc7bfe56ef87a6b013567.jpg

— Who else from known musicians and actors you have worked closely?

— I made costumes for Kylie Minogue and her tour KylieX2008. I bought many outfits especially for any important ceremonies. All is remember! Marion Cotillard in my dress received “Oscar” in 2008. She played Edith Piaf. Easier just to call names — Nicole Kidman, Lady Gaga, Beyonce, Kim Kardashian, Katy Perry, Rihanna, cate Blanchett. It’s all a beautiful woman, versed in fashion. By the way, my collaboration with Madonna continues in full swing. I created a collection of costumes for her new tour Madame X. She wanted more black, more leather. Something Gothic. And then I got the idea. I said to Madonna, “Honey, you were Frida Kahlo, Marlene Dietrich, Marilyn Monroe. It was the turn of Joan of Arc”. She asked: “And who or what I had declared a Holy war?” “Age!” I replied.

https://galpost.com/i-fell-in-love-with-madonna-it-was-not-only-sexuality-but-also-power-jean-paul-gaultier-photo/33008/

1 hour ago, LoveLiveMusic said:

— I made costumes for Kylie Minogue and her tour KylieX2008. I bought many outfits especially for any important ceremonies. All is remember! Marion Cotillard in my dress received “Oscar” in 2008. She played Edith Piaf. Easier just to call names — Nicole Kidman, Lady Gaga, Beyonce, Kim Kardashian, Katy Perry, Rihanna, cate Blanchett. It’s all a beautiful woman, versed in fashion. By the way, my collaboration with Madonna continues in full swing. I created a collection of costumes for her new tour Madame X. She wanted more black, more leather. Something Gothic. And then I got the idea. I said to Madonna, “Honey, you were Frida Kahlo, Marlene Dietrich, Marilyn Monroe. It was the turn of Joan of Arc”. She asked: “And who or what I had declared a Holy war?” “Age!” I replied.

https://galpost.com/i-fell-in-love-with-madonna-it-was-not-only-sexuality-but-also-power-jean-paul-gaultier-photo/33008/

Just read the complete interview. He kept talking about Madonna every chance he got.

You can tell they formed a special bond over the years. :heart2:

4 hours ago, LoveLiveMusic said:

Kylie's outfits for her X Tour were all amazing so I have high hopes! Madonna even used hints of Kylie's encore outfit for the MDNA Tour.