Jump to content

Madonna: Madame X Tour [LA 3/10] {Chi Boxscores In!}

3,152 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

She said the tour is inspired by Mario Vargas Llosa novel The Bad Girl which is a love story that takes place in different countries and decades of 20th century:

 

It’s the story of a grand passion, nursed for several decades by its protagonist and narrator Ricardo Somocurcio, who rises from humble beginnings in Lima to a distinguished career as a globetrotting translator for UNESCO and later success as a novelist. The object of his lustful affection is a Chilean beauty named Lily, who captures his heart (without giving herself fully to him) when they are teenagers, then complicates his life during subsequent years when he encounters her—or versions of her—in various locations. “Lily” thus becomes an Eternal Feminine figure (somewhat reminiscent of Thomas Pynchon’s elusive “V.”). Wherever duty sends Ricardo, Lily shows up—initially teasing him and holding him at bay, later consenting to make love with him (before fleeing again). In Paris she appears as radical revolutionary Comrade Arlette, then as Parisian diplomat’s wife Madame Arnoux. In Tokyo, she’s Kuriko, mistress to a sadistic Yakuza boss whose violent pleasures destroy her health. In London, she’s Mrs. Richardson, this time a British diplomat’s spouse. Years pass, political allegiances are embraced then abandoned, and as Lily fails physically and emotionally, Ricardo, though never freed from the erotic spell she has cast over him, manages to move and grow beyond her. Though the novel sometimes feels like a semi-autobiographical summary of the author’s life, opinions and emotions, it’s energized by crisp writing, wry humor and a brilliantly deployed cast who variously enable, frustrate and mirror the experiences of the two principal characters. And it’s capped by a sublime metafictional moment that creates a heart-wrenching crescendo.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody else been to a Pop - theater show before? :eatpopcorn:

If you did, how close is, lets say - row 15 to the main stage? (first floor) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Anybody else been to a Pop - theater show before? :eatpopcorn:

If you did, how close is, lets say - row 15 to the main stage? (first floor) 

Here's an example of Row 15 at the Wiltern (photo doesn't really do it justice, but basically it is a really good view)

https://aviewfrommyseat.com/photo/95666/The+Wiltern/section-Floor+4/row-O/seat-20/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, That Bad Eartha said:

Here's an example of Row 15 at the Wiltern (photo doesn't really do it justice, but basically it is a really good view)

https://aviewfrommyseat.com/photo/95666/The+Wiltern/section-Floor+4/row-O/seat-20/

Haha, I know pictures never do shows justice (in terms of how much closer it looks in real life) but The Wiltern is a fairly small venue and I'm eyeing the Paris dates instead - the package I'm looking to buy promises first 16 rows tickets so do you know if in a bigger venue it's still any good?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Haha, I know pictures never do shows justice (in terms of how much closer it looks in real life) but The Wiltern is a fairly small venue and I'm eyeing the Paris dates instead - the package I'm looking to buy promises first 16 rows tickets so do you know if in a bigger venue it's still any good?

Yeah I mean the distance from the stage won't be much different even if the venue is bigger. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do y’all think there will be tickets at face value available for the last Paris shows on the week of the shows? :toofunny2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought my ticket for the additional date in Paris!!!!! :party:

 

R33x3tb.jpg

 

I’ll be so close, OMG :date:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, merlls said:

Bought my ticket for the additional date in Paris!!!!! :party:

 

R33x3tb.jpg

 

I’ll be so close, OMG :date:

The sale in general was so good. I only know buying off the North American one which is a JOKE but I for March 1 and it was so easy. 30 mins into the sale and I had a ticket and most of that time was because I changed my mind and decided to go from the 221€ to the 360€ so I had to look through the options again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It actually sounds pretty accurate.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tour rehearsals are happening!

 

64957490_118692782734148_261152866853089

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2019 at 10:54 PM, LoveLiveMusic said:

It actually sounds pretty accurate.

 

 

I thought the tour was flopping in America? :psyduck:

 

On 6/30/2019 at 8:06 PM, LoveLiveMusic said:

The sale in general was so good. I only know buying off the North American one which is a JOKE but I for March 1 and it was so easy. 30 mins into the sale and I had a ticket and most of that time was because I changed my mind and decided to go from the 221€ to the 360€ so I had to look through the options again.

Here in Portugal everything went so smoothly as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LoveLiveMusic said:

Tour rehearsals are happening!

 

64957490_118692782734148_261152866853089

Rehearsing during Fourth of July weekend? :eek:

Only Madonna could have this work ethic !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lemonaade said:

Rehearsing during Fourth of July weekend? :eek:

Only Madonna could have this work ethic !

I have a feeling she's not there yet. But who knows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2019 at 3:54 PM, LoveLiveMusic said:

It actually sounds pretty accurate.

 

 

They have to be counting resale, bc the Saturday Vegas show is basically sold out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Setlist via IG

 

Dark Ballet

Vogue

IDSIF

Easy Ride

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lover said:

 

:drool:

Is that....a ship porthole? As in, Rescue Me??? :jonny:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, nicholasfelix said:

Is that....a ship porthole? As in, Rescue Me??? :jonny:

I honestly can't imagine Madonna singing Rescue Me in 2019.

That chorus will be murdered every single night unless she changes it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My mom has been a longtime fan since 84 and wants to go to a New York show, which date do you think I should go to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Elite Four Brad said:

My mom has been a longtime fan since 84 and wants to go to a New York show, which date do you think I should go to?

Aside from that I got opening night I personally would have chosen a weekday since most people would go for the weekend so leaving more of a selection and also that I’m travelling it would avoid weekend inflated costs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG @ Easy Ride :smitten2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

What It Feels Like For a Girl

Medellín

X-Static Process

Batuka Prayer
Killers Who Are Partying
Crazy
Sodade (Cesária Évora cover)
Extreme Occident

I Don't Search I Find

Easy Ride
American Life

God Control

Future

Frozen

Batuka

Vogue

Justify My Love

Like a Prayer

I Rise

Human Nature

Dark Ballet

Crave

 

*Back catalog in bold*

 

According to spoilers and rehearsals so far X

ZVQsUag.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh so her worst tour ever then

 

ZVQsUag.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites