Madonna: Madame X Tour [LA 3/10] {Chi Boxscores In!}

3,152 posts in this topic

She said the tour is inspired by Mario Vargas Llosa novel The Bad Girl which is a love story that takes place in different countries and decades of 20th century:

It’s the story of a grand passion, nursed for several decades by its protagonist and narrator Ricardo Somocurcio, who rises from humble beginnings in Lima to a distinguished career as a globetrotting translator for UNESCO and later success as a novelist. The object of his lustful affection is a Chilean beauty named Lily, who captures his heart (without giving herself fully to him) when they are teenagers, then complicates his life during subsequent years when he encounters her—or versions of her—in various locations. “Lily” thus becomes an Eternal Feminine figure (somewhat reminiscent of Thomas Pynchon’s elusive “V.”). Wherever duty sends Ricardo, Lily shows up—initially teasing him and holding him at bay, later consenting to make love with him (before fleeing again). In Paris she appears as radical revolutionary Comrade Arlette, then as Parisian diplomat’s wife Madame Arnoux. In Tokyo, she’s Kuriko, mistress to a sadistic Yakuza boss whose violent pleasures destroy her health. In London, she’s Mrs. Richardson, this time a British diplomat’s spouse. Years pass, political allegiances are embraced then abandoned, and as Lily fails physically and emotionally, Ricardo, though never freed from the erotic spell she has cast over him, manages to move and grow beyond her. Though the novel sometimes feels like a semi-autobiographical summary of the author’s life, opinions and emotions, it’s energized by crisp writing, wry humor and a brilliantly deployed cast who variously enable, frustrate and mirror the experiences of the two principal characters. And it’s capped by a sublime metafictional moment that creates a heart-wrenching crescendo.

Anybody else been to a Pop - theater show before? :eatpopcorn:

If you did, how close is, lets say - row 15 to the main stage? (first floor) 

12 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Anybody else been to a Pop - theater show before? :eatpopcorn:

If you did, how close is, lets say - row 15 to the main stage? (first floor) 

Here's an example of Row 15 at the Wiltern (photo doesn't really do it justice, but basically it is a really good view)

https://aviewfrommyseat.com/photo/95666/The+Wiltern/section-Floor+4/row-O/seat-20/

18 minutes ago, That Bad Eartha said:

Here's an example of Row 15 at the Wiltern (photo doesn't really do it justice, but basically it is a really good view)

https://aviewfrommyseat.com/photo/95666/The+Wiltern/section-Floor+4/row-O/seat-20/

Haha, I know pictures never do shows justice (in terms of how much closer it looks in real life) but The Wiltern is a fairly small venue and I'm eyeing the Paris dates instead - the package I'm looking to buy promises first 16 rows tickets so do you know if in a bigger venue it's still any good?

8 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Haha, I know pictures never do shows justice (in terms of how much closer it looks in real life) but The Wiltern is a fairly small venue and I'm eyeing the Paris dates instead - the package I'm looking to buy promises first 16 rows tickets so do you know if in a bigger venue it's still any good?

Yeah I mean the distance from the stage won't be much different even if the venue is bigger. 

Do y’all think there will be tickets at face value available for the last Paris shows on the week of the shows? :toofunny2:

Bought my ticket for the additional date in Paris!!!!! :party:

R33x3tb.jpg

I’ll be so close, OMG :date:

9 hours ago, merlls said:

Bought my ticket for the additional date in Paris!!!!! :party:

R33x3tb.jpg

I’ll be so close, OMG :date:

The sale in general was so good. I only know buying off the North American one which is a JOKE but I for March 1 and it was so easy. 30 mins into the sale and I had a ticket and most of that time was because I changed my mind and decided to go from the 221€ to the 360€ so I had to look through the options again.

It actually sounds pretty accurate.

Tour rehearsals are happening!

64957490_118692782734148_261152866853089

On 6/30/2019 at 10:54 PM, LoveLiveMusic said:

I thought the tour was flopping in America? :psyduck:

On 6/30/2019 at 8:06 PM, LoveLiveMusic said:

The sale in general was so good. I only know buying off the North American one which is a JOKE but I for March 1 and it was so easy. 30 mins into the sale and I had a ticket and most of that time was because I changed my mind and decided to go from the 221€ to the 360€ so I had to look through the options again.

Here in Portugal everything went so smoothly as well. 

2 hours ago, LoveLiveMusic said:

Tour rehearsals are happening!

64957490_118692782734148_261152866853089

Rehearsing during Fourth of July weekend? :eek:

Only Madonna could have this work ethic !

4 minutes ago, Lemonaade said:

Rehearsing during Fourth of July weekend? :eek:

Only Madonna could have this work ethic !

I have a feeling she's not there yet. But who knows

On 6/30/2019 at 3:54 PM, LoveLiveMusic said:

They have to be counting resale, bc the Saturday Vegas show is basically sold out. 

Setlist via IG

Dark Ballet

Vogue

IDSIF

Easy Ride

1 hour ago, Lover said:

:drool:

Is that....a ship porthole? As in, Rescue Me??? :jonny:

22 minutes ago, nicholasfelix said:

Is that....a ship porthole? As in, Rescue Me??? :jonny:

I honestly can't imagine Madonna singing Rescue Me in 2019.

That chorus will be murdered every single night unless she changes it 

My mom has been a longtime fan since 84 and wants to go to a New York show, which date do you think I should go to?

10 hours ago, Elite Four Brad said:

My mom has been a longtime fan since 84 and wants to go to a New York show, which date do you think I should go to?

Aside from that I got opening night I personally would have chosen a weekday since most people would go for the weekend so leaving more of a selection and also that I’m travelling it would avoid weekend inflated costs.

OMG @ Easy Ride :smitten2:

Posted (edited)

What It Feels Like For a Girl

Medellín

X-Static Process

Batuka Prayer
Killers Who Are Partying
Crazy
Sodade (Cesária Évora cover)
Extreme Occident

I Don't Search I Find

Easy Ride