Jump to content
Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

60's Music Discussion Thread

57 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

This thread is created to join the iconic Music Discussion family on the 50th anniversary of Stand! :eli:

 

 

"Everyday People" is one of my favorite 60s songs, and yes, I have to post this atrocious music video.:alexz:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:clap3:ready to y’all know Elvis was ruling the game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheap Thrills & The Doors are the best albums of that time :foxaylove2: fight me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My fave songs

.Oh, Darling! - The Beatles

.You Keep Me Hanging On - The Supremes

.You Don't Own Me - Lesley Gore

.I Say A Little Prayer - Aretha Franklin

.You Are My Sunshine - Johnny Cash

 

I'm open to more recommendations.I like this decade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

jimi-hendrix-performing-in-1969.jpg?crop=900:600&width=440

Jimi :jonny5:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

When they all were in front!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Ronettes slay, the Chrystal’s, the Shirelles, Shangri-Las all slay. The girl groups in the 60s were everything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

This thread is created to join the iconic Music Discussion thread family on the 50th anniversary of Stand! :eli:

 

 

"Everyday People" is one of my favorite 60s songs, and yes, I have to post this atrocious music video.

love this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pet Sounds is the best to ever do it tho

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elvis_is_Back!.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Smokey Robinson is shook 

tenor.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dionne is prob the greatest female singer of her time!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:fish1: What a melody man!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

"Music’s for grooving man, and music’s not for puttin’ yourself through bad changes, you know? I mean, you don’t have to go take anybody’s ****, man, just to like music, you know what I mean? You don’t. So... so if you’re getting’ more **** than you deserve, you know what to do about it man. You know, it’s just music. Music’s... music's supposed to be different than that."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

I can't stop thinking about GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS :sats:

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

 

"Music’s for grooving man, and music’s not for puttin’ yourself through bad changes, you know? I mean, you don’t have to go take anybody’s ****, man, just to like music, you know what I mean? You don’t. So... so if you’re getting’ more **** than you deserve, you know what to do about it man. You know, it’s just music. Music’s... music's supposed to be different than that."

:clap3::jonny5:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PrinceMichaelFan said:

Dionne is prob the greatest female singer of her time!

 

 

 

Bacharach and David had scored a number 7 hit in 1965 with Jackie DeShannon's message song hit "What the World Needs Now is Love" but "The Windows of the World" was unique in the composers' canon in being a protest song. Inspired by such songs as "Where Have All the Flowers Gone?" and "Blowin' in the Wind", Hal David wrote lyrics for "The Windows of the World" which overtly but gently lament U.S. involvement in the Vietnam War (an especial concern to David, who had two young sons, one of them almost of eligible age for the draft). The arrangement for "The Windows of the World" has a subtle Asian flavor featuring strings plucked in the style of a koto and also finger cymbals the latter evoking the sound of raindrops on a window.

 

:jonny2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

 

Bacharach and David had scored a number 7 hit in 1965 with Jackie DeShannon's message song hit "What the World Needs Now is Love" but "The Windows of the World" was unique in the composers' canon in being a protest song. Inspired by such songs as "Where Have All the Flowers Gone?" and "Blowin' in the Wind", Hal David wrote lyrics for "The Windows of the World" which overtly but gently lament U.S. involvement in the Vietnam War (an especial concern to David, who had two young sons, one of them almost of eligible age for the draft). The arrangement for "The Windows of the World" has a subtle Asian flavor featuring strings plucked in the style of a koto and also finger cymbals the latter evoking the sound of raindrops on a window.

 

:jonny2:

 

:clap3:A vocalist!!!!

 

Dionne was America's first black pop star! I love how she did POP as a black female

 

another top 10 hit right here

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This will always be the greatest female song.

 

PAST or PRESENT --- nothing has top Dionne's dark and mysterious version.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

In 1964, Springfield recorded two Burt Bacharach songs: "Wishin' and Hopin' " – a US Top 10 hit – and the emotional "I Just Don't Know What to Do with Myself," which reached No. 3 on the UK chart. The latter song set the standard for much of her later material.

 

a lesbian LEGEND, @AvrilLaQueen has to deal with THAT!

 

 

oh wow what a MOMENT 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

 

 

In 1964, Springfield recorded two Burt Bacharach songs: "Wishin' and Hopin' " – a US Top 10 hit – and the emotional "I Just Don't Know What to Do with Myself," which reached No. 3 on the UK chart. The latter song set the standard for much of her later material.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Okay Dusty a white soul singer! :sats: you'll be his!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too white for black radio and Too Black for White radio but what a monumental song for Tina Turner --her first international hit 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this thread will be great to use and learn about music from the 1960's :duca: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites