Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Survivor 39 - Island of the Idols

59 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Inside Survivor can reveal that the rumored theme for season 39 is Island of the Idols, the title of which was first posted by user SurvivorFan37 on Survivor Sucks. As previously announced, the twist will see former winners Rob Mariano and Sandra Diaz-Twine acting as “advisers” for the twenty new castaways.

Throughout the season, players will be sent to the Island of the Idols via various methods, and while there they have a chance to gain advice and advantages from the pair of past champions. Think of it as sort of like Ghost Island, except instead of being populated by cursed props of Survivor past, Boston Rob and Queen Sandra haunt the hallowed grounds.

Rob and Sandra are NOT active players within the game

There is no Redemption Island or Edge of Extinction element to the Island. It’s not a place where eliminated castaways await for another chance to get back in the game. Once a player has their torch snuffed this season, they are out for good.

http://insidesurvivor.com/survivor-season-39-theme-and-title-revealed-38483 

i think this sounds stupid. why we need them to advise the players? whatever tho as long as we get that all winners 40th season. 

They can skip this and go straight to S40 :jonny:

Great, more time taken away from the newbies. :rip:

What is this obsession with returning players? Every second season we got returning players like come on, if season 40 is gonna be Game Changers 2.0, at least give us this season to be good. But no, they have to ruin this too.

I am officially disgusted.

2pm-image-2pm-36528141-245-190.gif

6 hours ago, Guy Next Door said:

What is this obsession with returning players? Every second season we got returning players like come on, if season 40 is gonna be Game Changers 2.0, at least give us this season to be good. But no, they have to ruin this too.

I am officially disgusted.

2pm-image-2pm-36528141-245-190.gif

i dont think season 40 will be a game changers 2.0 bc it would be all winners but ya never know. I would be sooooooooo mad if it is

ffffffffffffff @ Jeffrey thinking Boston Rob is in any way comparable to Sandrallah

**** him

Everyone's probably making pre-game alliances right now without Sandra. 

Lemme prepare myself for a Nick/Wendell/Cochran Final 3. :psyduck:

A whole year of Sandra :jonny4:

Im glad they finally recognize how iconic she is

29 minutes ago, Chamoy said:

Everyone's probably making pre-game alliances right now without Sandra. 

Lemme prepare myself for a Nick/Wendell/Cochran Final 3. :psyduck:

Her and Todd are still really close so hopefully he’s on the phone cutting deals on mutha’s behalf

Dont speak that second thought into existence. I hope none of them even make the cast to begin with.

what a garbage idea :rip: 

Didn't they try this with Big Brother and then halfway through, they were able to re-enter the competition? :jonny:

42 minutes ago, Touchdown said:

Didn't they try this with Big Brother and then halfway through, they were able to re-enter the competition? :jonny:

yes season 14 lmao. someone also mentioned a similar theme was presented in survivor South Africa: Champions ( i didn't watch that however so i have no clue what they mean)

2 hours ago, TheOnlyOne said:

Her and Todd are still really close so hopefully he’s on the phone cutting deals on mutha’s behalf

Dont speak that second thought into existence. I hope none of them even make the cast to begin with.

Jeff must be SALIVATING at the thought of having all the flop recent male winners on one tribe sdfjkl.

51 minutes ago, Touchdown said:

Yeah, that's around the time I started to lose interest in BBUS. :rip:

14-15-16 were truly one of the worst punches of any reality show... ever.

Sandra going into season 40 with solid alliances already, they better protect the Queen like good pawns :jonny5:

Sounds horrible. I guess we're getting two flop seasons in a row. 

Jeff needs to stop with these idiotic twists. 

3 hours ago, Touchdown said:

Sandra winning season 39 and letting Natalie score her second win on season 40. Ugh Sandra, her mind. :jonny:

Boring idea, I hope the “advising” sessions don’t take up too much screentime.

I also think this will make BRob and Sandra even bigger threats on Survivor 40, which I’m not mad about because that will make Queen Parvati’s target smaller. :)

The writers/producers after coming up with this season's title

Sounds dumb but I like Sandra and Rob so :michael:

I just... I -

Survivor producers: Let's recreate the most universally panned season of recent times, Ghost Island, and throw in Rob and Sandra for the heck of it! :ace:  

Basically a mix of Ghost Island and the Cochran/Debbie meeting in Game Changers. What are they thinking. Why can't we just have normal season without an overflow off idols/advantages like David vs. Goliath?

i miss when the theme/name was based off the location. get us out Fiji PLEASE 

So it's essentially Ghost Island 2.0 but with 2 survivor legends attached to it. 

I will not dismiss the season just because GI was **** because it'll all come down to the casting. Edge of Extinction has a terrible twist but the season has been good because of the good casting. Speaking of which, they wrapped up filming a week ago so hopefully Redmond will reveal the castaways soon.