What's so special about...

17 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

220px-Sgt._Pepper's_Lonely_Hearts_Club_B

Known as one of the best, if not the best, album of all time.I'm listening to it but it's not even close to one of the best albums I've ever heard.What's so special about it? I think Abbey Road is a superior work.

Beatles are overrated as ****. Their music isn't special in general.

i have the same question, i guess my gay brain just can't understand it

2 minutes ago, shookspeare said:

i have the same question, i guess my gay brain just can't understand it

I wrote it while listening to track 4 tho :rip: I still think it's not that special. She's Living Home and Within You With You are amazing songs, the rest are meh.

8 minutes ago, Brando said:

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/13435-sgt-peppers-lonely-hearts-club-band/ 

^ A thorough review might help you understand.  

I know the album was something totally different on mainstream music and made a huge change back on the day but I'm asking about now.How is it better than most albums that came after it? Only four songs have replay value from it.

2 minutes ago, Cherry123 said:

I know the album was something totally different on mainstream music and made a huge change back on the day but I'm asking about now.How is it better than most albums that came after it? Only four songs have replay value from it.

I think it's just a very very solid and innovation album. Pretty much every song is great. 

I wouldn't put anywhere near my top albums of all time, but I can understand why it's so highly regarded. 

Really? This 3 say it all. If your not a fun of soft rock, nor well written lyrics with deeper meaning you will not get it. Also it has nothing to do with being gay.

2 minutes ago, L.B GAGA said:

Really? This 3 say it all. If your not a fun of soft rock, nor well written lyrics with deeper meaning you will not get it. Also it has nothing to do with being gay.

I didnt like Lucy In The Sky.The other two are on repeat with the Mr Kite song and Good Morning Good Morning.The album overall is not an inmaculate piece to me honestly, I could live without it.

What? :psyduck:   I love it.

A Day In the Life is my fave.

9 minutes ago, Cherry123 said:

I didnt like Lucy In The Sky.The other two are on repeat with the Mr Kite song and Good Morning Good Morning.The album overall is not an inmaculate piece to me honestly, I could live without it.

:jonny2::jonny:

giphy.gif

37 minutes ago, TKO said:

What? :psyduck:   I love it.

A Day In the Life is my fave.

Same!!  That song alone makes em forgive them for any and all of their misguided "experimental" stuff from when they were clearly high all the time lol

(Though by no means it's their only good song)

There is no "best" anything. No best album, movie, tv show, clothing brand, etc etc. Everything is subject to opinion. Plus I honestly have never heard a Beetles song in my life and I honestly have no interest in their music so I don't see what's special about it either :cm:

2 hours ago, Egroj said:

ikr? ugh, the fame monster >>>

:skull:

2 hours ago, Egroj said:

ikr? ugh, the fame monster >>>

Tbh :clap3:

With A Little, Lucy, Fixing A Hole, She's Leaving Home, Within You, A Day In The Life :jonny5:

It's honestly a gorgeous album. Abbey Road is their best and White Album is behind it.

41 minutes ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

There is no "best" anything. No best album, movie, tv show, clothing brand, etc etc. Everything is subject to opinion. 

This isn't really true. While taste is subjective certain aspects of an album/film/television show are objective. 100% subjective is a myth (so is 100% objectivity) 

OT: I'm not the biggest fan of this album in comparison to their other, but you would need to have a better understanding of the music landscape at the time of its release to appreciate it more. Basically the way y'all joke any album that has come out the last x amount of years "changed music"... this is one of those albums that factually changed music.