11 posts in this topic

Here you can post which headphones you got and would recommend to people or questions about headphones that someone may have.

Posted (edited)

Do any of you perhaps have the Denon AH-D1200? I am looking at that one right now but I can't find a lot of reviews for it.

I own the Sennheiser HD 598 and Shure SRH840

I did extensive research 6 years ago and ended up buying V-Moda M100. 

Never looked back. Absolutely outstanding sound, super durable and comfortable. 

Not the cheapest, but won't break your bank either. Bought for $350 back in the day. Now around $250 I think.

6 years later and still looking fresh and sound better than any headphones within the same price range and even much more expensive ones.  

Plus you get the best customer service team who would replace any damaged or worn out parts for free. 

(i think they have wireless models too nowadays if that's your preference) 

Posted (edited)

I have Master and Dynamic MW07, Master and Dynamic MW60, Bowers and Wilkins PX, Bowers and Wilkins P9, Bowers and Wilkins P7, and AirPods.  I have a lot of old broken wired in-ear headphones from Klipsch that, aside from the great audio quality, have horrid durability despite the misleading metal construction.

Audio‑Technica ATH‑M50X - Best bang for your buck. Plus these are the headphones that a lot of artists use in the studio, so you’re hearing the music the way the artist intended it to be heard. I mostly use these when I’m not moving around and just want to focus on the music.

Bose On-Ear Wireless Headphones - Comfortable and really good sound quality for Bluetooth. I mostly use these when I’m moving around at home and don’t want to be tethered to my device.

Apple AirPods - Pricey but so convenient. I hate earbuds that go in your ear canal, so I’ve always loved Apple’s EarPods/AirPods design. They fit me perfectly and the sound quality is great considering how small they are. I use these when I’m on the move.

Apple EarPods - Cheap but effective for everyday activities.

12 minutes ago, geddymonster said:

Audio‑Technica ATH‑M50X - Best bang for your buck. Plus these are the headphones that a lot of artists use in the studio, so you’re hearing the music the way the artist intended it to be heard.

Really?

In-ears or over-ears? I can only really recommend on in-ears since I don't like over-ears, but since getting Shure SE215's like 5 years ago I've never looked back. They're really solidly built and crucially have detachable cables, which means you don't need to rebuy the whole thing when the wire inevitably wears out (the official cables are pretty expensive at like £50 but I legitimately prefer the cheaper non-official ones which you can get for about £20-30). 

I upgraded at Christmas to the SE425 which is the same design but with better sound quality. I really recommend the whole line, but they aren't particularly good looking if you care about that :mandown:

31 minutes ago, jxxking said:

Really?

1642478_l.jpg

Drake1-1.png?resize=479,322&ssl=1

2974498.jpg

You'll notice them if you watch behind-the-scenes videos of artists recording.

I use AirPods at the moment and they’re convenient but they’re slightly broken, I was going to upgrade to the new ones but they’re hardly different and are now more expensive, and I was hoping for a black version

I’m interested in Powerbeats Pro, they’re pretty expensive but they look great for working out and I’m sure the sound quality is better than AirPods, which are already pretty good