Michael Sam: "The LGBT community used me"

51 posts in this topic

5cb6a8611f0000c6007f1dcd.jpeg

In an emotional interview published on Yahoo News,

former NFL player Michael Sam recounts how his life fell apart after he was celebrated as the first openly gay player in the NFL.

Sam also criticizes the LGBT community, among others, for not helping him after his life had spiraled out of control.

He faced a firestorm of public outcry and scrutiny when he was drafted by the St. Louis Rams in 2014, and cameras showed him kissing his then-fiance in celebration.

After playing for the Rams and being released, he was picked up by the Dallas Cowboys but was released without playing one down for the organization.

Sam says he began to abuse drugs and alcohol and lost control of his life.

When he found himself in a one-bedroom apartment in Dallas by the Fall of 2016, he reached out to the LGBT community who had championed him before, as well as other sports organizations and businesses.

Despite the previous support they had shown him, "no one would give me a job," he said.

"Where was the support that I got for coming out?" Sam added. "I felt like I was used by everyone."

He was partying, working out and hooked on cocaine. "I felt lost and worthless," he said.

Sam has since stopped abusing hard drugs after an ayahuasca retreat in Peru. He is working to heal his broken relationship with his family.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/michael-sam-says-gay-community-betrayed-him

Pic source: https://sports.yahoo.com/michael-sams-pursuit-of-happiness-045127853.html?

Posted (edited)

I lowkey forgot who this was till it clicked :rip: but yeah it’s sad that him coming out basically stunted his career. And ATRL wonders why so many gays ( like little Nas X) are still trapped in the closet.

Not him blaming the LGBT community for his problems :biblio:  Take responsibility for yourself and your actions. :biblio: 

I didn't do **** ****** shut up

9 minutes ago, Shoto Todoroki said:

I lowkey forgot about who this was till it It clicked :rip: but yeah it’s sad that him coming out basically stunted his career. And ATRL wonders why so many gays ( like little Nas X) are still trapped in the closet.

Try again. The LGBT community supported him coming out. ESPN exploited it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2740075/Michael-Sam-dropped-NFL-no-one-wants-distraction-claims-Buffalo-Bills-star-gay-football-player-tweets-upbeat-message.html

Does he think the LGBT community is an union or something?

The LGBT community didn’t do ****. It’s YOUR fault that you weren’t that good of a player and the heteros at NFL decided to kick you out. I hate fagzz like this lmao.

You was partying and snorting cocaine. How's this our fault?! :biblio:

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Reza said:

I was never blamimg the LGBT community :rip: and I agree that him coming out hurt his career with the middle American straights who watch Football. I remember the backlash for his on air kiss.

2 minutes ago, WalkAway said:

You was partying and snorting cocaine. How's this our fault?! :biblio:

Whose *** do you think he snorted it out of, sis? :michael:

3 minutes ago, Cheers said:

The LGBT community didn’t do ****. It’s YOUR fault that you weren’t that good of a player and the heteros at NFL decided to kick you out. I hate fagzz like this lmao.

Wellll he was better than a lot of players so yeah the NFL aint shi** for letting him go but that's where his anger should be directed not at the LGBT community.

Wasn't he on dancing with the stars shaking his ass? I feel like gays were behind him getting that gig. :siptea:

Poor guy.. It’s really sad what happened to him he deserved so much better

He’s mad at us because he had a substance abuse problem :bibliahh: wtf are we supposed to do 

Cry Baby Remix ft. Michael Sam

Did we told you to do drugs? It’s not my problem that you weren’t that great of a player or finish a career to land a job, a lot of celebrities have came out of the closet and I don’t see them becoming drug addicts, and the fact that he went to Perú for a detox retreat, I-

k9igx4k0zb611.jpg

99% are very clueless about real life. Figures

3 minutes ago, PrettyHurts said:

He’s mad at us because he had a substance abuse problem :bibliahh: wtf are we supposed to do 

Like :rip: Do straight drug abusers blame other straights?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEaNhkCMDjIpobgVBXq_3

I remember his Out magazine cover. Daddy.

Lmao the LGBT community better find me a job too or I'm suing :cm:

He should be mad at the NFL, not the LGBT Community. 

28 minutes ago, Cheers said:

He was literally a first draft pick. He had great promise of being a top NFL player. 

Oh my. I forgot about him :rip: Sorry?

And just like every other drug addict, he blames everyone but himself for his issues. 

As he is someone who abused substances, he should know better than to blame others for his life.