If Gaga sang Wide Awake & Katy sang Marry The Night?

27 posts in this topic

nostalgia

What if in another life, it was Katy who sang Marry the Night and Gaga sang Wide Awake, both performing their most autobiographical and emotional era-closing songs. Would they perform the same or differently during that time? Would you be here for it?

gagarex655_2334701a.jpg  katy-perry-the-voice-germany-performance.jpg

love100

Marry the night would have had a good video and it would have been the n 1 it deserved 

Wide awake would have had a marry the night type of video and it would have flopped

materialboy
Just now, love100 said:

Marry the night would have had a good video and it would have been the n 1 it deserved 

Wide awake would have had a marry the night type of video and it would have flopped

Well :rip: 

They would still be hot tbh :clap3: 

DanDuke
5 minutes ago, love100 said:

The MTN video was amazing though? 

DanDuke
1 minute ago, love100 said:

Too long.. I still have to watch it in full and gaga is my fav

Ah, fair, the length is an obstacle. She could have released a shorter version perhaps. The actual sequences are so visually appealing

FloridaKilos

Marry The Night is a perfect example of the gays only hating a song or video simply because it flopped. Marry The Night is one of Gaga's best songs, and the video tells a story and is visually stunning. Ya'll need TASTE

As for Wide Awake she's a cute girl, the watered down pop in a box version of Marry The Night you could say....Miss Katy doesn't have the range for Marry The Night however, it would sound similar to Private Show (studio version...) I assume. 

Inverted

I think Wide Awake would have sounded better with Gaga singing it.

I think Katy could have pulled off Marry the Night and made it a hit. The video would have probably been better.

Dolce Vita

A nightmare. Both did what they needed to do on each song/video. I love Marry The Night’s video exploring an artistic approach to Gaga’s rise to stardom, and Wide Awake is a perfect retrospective ending to the Teenage Dream era, just ending a marriage to Russell Brand. 

Sinister
1 hour ago, DanDuke said:

The MTN video was amazing though? 

It's too much. And then the entire second verse/chorus/bridge, etc takes place in the dancing studio. Like a huge waste of time.

Great ideas, but the product suffers