Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Cool stores in NY? (Fashion + CDs)

6 posts in this topic

ZENO

Hey guys!

I will be in New York for a month and I'm really excited. I was wondering, besides museums and the "usual" stuff, do you have some recommendations in terms of cool stores to go to?

I enjoy over the top fashion a lot, and I wouldn't mind a nice CD store too since Carly's Dedicated will be released during my stay!

Let me know please!

:flower:

Lights and Waves

If you like K-pop, you should go to Book Off and Koryo Books.

For clothes, you should browse Buffalo Exchange and Beacon's. Good thrift store with gems every once in a while.

Touch It

Off topic from the question but when you're in NY you should definitely visit the high line (definitely my favorite area of the city) and if you're looking for some good food, chelsea market is a great place (the tacos at los tacos are amazing).. like stated before koryo books is a great place for k-pop albums my friend bought 5 albums from that store one day :deadbanana2:

ZENO
41 minutes ago, Lights and Waves said:

If you like K-pop, you should go to Book Off and Koryo Books.

For clothes, you should browse Buffalo Exchange and Beacon's. Good thrift store with gems every once in a while.

31 minutes ago, Touch It said:

Off topic from the question but when you're in NY you should definitely visit the high line (definitely my favorite area of the city) and if you're looking for some good food, chelsea market is a great place (the tacos at los tacos are amazing).. like stated before koryo books is a great place for k-pop albums my friend bought 5 albums from that store one day :deadbanana2:

I will totally go to those places for K-Pop! Thank you soooo much! @Touch It watch me doing the same lol

30 minutes ago, Gui Blackout said:

Dover Street Market

Thank you! I will check it out!

____

I'm staying in Stuyvesant Heights (everything else was too expensive) for a month, are there nice places around that area? I think I'll go to BLINK to workout lol :fan:

Archetype

Go to Soho.  Dover Street Market, Totokaelo, Celine, Rick Owens (the store is so beautiful), Barneys NY in the meatpacking district (not the uptown location), Acne Studios, VFILES, IF, Gentle Monster (the coolest sunglass shop in NYC), maybe Restoration Hardware (has a nice restaurant on the roof), uhhh there’s always Saint Laurent as well.  

You can also just walk up and down Madison Avenue on the Upper East Side, which has most of these stores + Proenza Schouler and two Ralph Lauren stores that occupy two 18th century mansions.  It’s mostly frequented by local 60 year old wealthy women who wear fur, which is a nicer alternative to crowded SoHo.  Gagosian Gallery, Frick Collection, Guggenheim, MET, and others are all up there, so it’ll be easier for you to do both in one day.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0