Scariest thing that has happened to you?

21 posts in this topic

hatake

Back in the day, during my college days, a classmate I dreamed of wouldnt show up at school the day after...this happened 4 days in a row, each time I dreamed of a different classmate. I mean, what the f***? Just thinking about this sends shivers down my spine :rip:

What about you? Hit me with real, spooky stories that you have lived and survived!

tylerrcrush

The scariest thing was a few years ago I was 16 and I was home alone. My mom and younger brothers were all out, and I was in my room doing homework on my laptop. I VIVDLY heard the front door unlock and open, heard my mom and brothers walk in, lay the keys down on the table, heard them all speak, and so I walked into the living room to say hey and nobody was there. The door was still locked, the car wasn't home, and nobody was in the house but me. :rip: I was SHOOK because it was the most vivid thing, so I called my mom thinking well... maybe they came in then left super quickly? (I was trying to come up with any excuse I could) and she answered and I asked where they were and she said "we're still at [my aunt's] house", which is an hour away :rip: I called my friend to come get me and we went to her house because I was so spooked.

Egroj
5 minutes ago, tylerrcrush said:

The scariest thing was a few years ago I was 16 and I was home alone. My mom and younger brothers were all out, and I was in my room doing homework on my laptop. I VIVDLY heard the front door unlock and open, heard my mom and brothers walk in, lay the keys down on the table, heard them all speak, and so I walked into the living room to say hey and nobody was there. The door was still locked, the car wasn't home, and nobody was in the house but me. :rip: I was SHOOK because it was the most vivid thing, so I called my mom thinking well... maybe they came in then left super quickly? (I was trying to come up with any excuse I could) and she answered and I asked where they were and she said "we're still at [my aunt's] house", which is an hour away :rip: I called my friend to come get me and we went to her house because I was so spooked.

OMG wow...  did you tell them? what did they say?

Rihlord

Back in January I ran into someone that my boyfriend used to know, she’s been living on the streets and was using, but she had just turned 18 and used to be a sweet girl so I felt bad for her. She was at a gas station and needed a ride to the court house she said, because she was going to try and see her birth mom. I just wanted her to go somewhere safe because it seemed like she was in trouble. So I gave her and Immediately I started to notice that she was not there at all, she was paranoid and started crying and thought I was going to take her to jail or something. So we get there and long story short she says she doesn’t want to go there and can I take her to her ex’s house down the street. We park outside and she asks if I can turn the car off, but I didn’t feel comfortable. I usually have to open at 4 am for work so I needed to get to bed and get going, so I said “I gotta get going sweetie, I’m sorry”. She then starts crying and rustling in her bag and says “I’m sorry”, I just thought she was upset. But then she grabs a pair of panty hose over her head like a mask and reaches for something in her bag. Immediately I picture her killing me, so I grab the car keys and open my car door as fast as I can. Luckily my seatbelt was already off, and just as I was exiting the car I saw the knife she grabbed out of the corner of my eye. 

I ran out and left my door open and started screaming for help, a car drive by but they didn’t hear me. She runs around and starts screaming and says she’s sorry again, and I just bolt down the street towards the main road near the mall. I call 911 and tell them what happened , and then call my boyfriend. He doesn’t drive so he left work and ran 3 miles to where I was. It took almost an hour for the cops to show up. Got my car back and they found her purse in it, and they picked her up the next day. She was in jail for about 2 months but they couldn’t keep her for attempted assault because they couldn’t prove that she had a knife on her. 

****ed me up for a few months, but I’m moving out of that area. Santa Maria, CA is literally one of the worst areas in Cali.... but now I’m doing better and will never, ever let someone in my car I don’t know again. 

tylerrcrush
3 minutes ago, Egroj said:

OMG wow...  did you tell them? what did they say?

Yes, my mom just wrote if off saying I was just hearing things but still to this day I wasn’t just hearing “things”. It was vividly their specific voices, the sounds of somevody arriving at home, etc. 

HauntinglyHollow
5 minutes ago, tylerrcrush said:

Yes, my mom just wrote if off saying I was just hearing things but still to this day I wasn’t just hearing “things”. It was vividly their specific voices, the sounds of somevody arriving at home, etc. 

Similar thing happened to me. I was in my room and my mother was showeringin the bathroom, i heard the shower stop and the door on the bathroom open, i guess i wanted to ask her something so as soon as i heard the door open i went out of my room to the hallway (no lights were on) and there i saw her silhouette , for a milisecond, enter the living room without turning the light on, i thought she was naked so that's why she did not turn the light on, so i called for her but got no response, then i turned the light on the living room and noone was there, she was still in the bathroom, i think it was just a hallucination:psyduck:

Disruptive
30 minutes ago, Rihlord said:

Back in January I ran into someone that my boyfriend used to know, she’s been living on the streets and was using, but she had just turned 18 and used to be a sweet girl so I felt bad for her. She was at a gas station and needed a ride to the court house she said, because she was going to try and see her birth mom. I just wanted her to go somewhere safe because it seemed like she was in trouble. So I gave her and Immediately I started to notice that she was not there at all, she was paranoid and started crying and thought I was going to take her to jail or something. So we get there and long story short she says she doesn’t want to go there and can I take her to her ex’s house down the street. We park outside and she asks if I can turn the car off, but I didn’t feel comfortable. I usually have to open at 4 am for work so I needed to get to bed and get going, so I said “I gotta get going sweetie, I’m sorry”. She then starts crying and rustling in her bag and says “I’m sorry”, I just thought she was upset. But then she grabs a pair of panty hose over her head like a mask and reaches for something in her bag. Immediately I picture her killing me, so I grab the car keys and open my car door as fast as I can. Luckily my seatbelt was already off, and just as I was exiting the car I saw the knife she grabbed out of the corner of my eye. 

I ran out and left my door open and started screaming for help, a car drive by but they didn’t hear me. She runs around and starts screaming and says she’s sorry again, and I just bolt down the street towards the main road near the mall. I call 911 and tell them what happened , and then call my boyfriend. He doesn’t drive so he left work and ran 3 miles to where I was. It took almost an hour for the cops to show up. Got my car back and they found her purse in it, and they picked her up the next day. She was in jail for about 2 months but they couldn’t keep her for attempted assault because they couldn’t prove that she had a knife on her. 

****ed me up for a few months, but I’m moving out of that area. Santa Maria, CA is literally one of the worst areas in Cali.... but now I’m doing better and will never, ever let someone in my car I don’t know again. 

Jesus that's so scary. Thank God you made it out unharmed. 

James_Dean
35 minutes ago, Rihlord said:

Holy **** :mazen:  so sad you try to do something nice and instead go through this kind of mess

LovaticSwiftie

For about 1-2 years I hear someone walking in the attic at night when I'm in bed or during the day when I'm alone at home. One day I remember being alone at home in the bathroom brushing my teeth when I thought my mom or brother were coming home using the stairwell to come up because we live in the second floor.Tho the sound of using the stairwell wasn't coming from below, it sounded like someone would walk down from the attic. I talked to my mom about all of this a few weeks ago and she says she's hearing it as well, but no one is in attic. We've been up there a couple of times now, but there is nothing. 

snowpiercer

I was walking to the place where me and some friends were meeting up and this homeless lady got up from the ground and started following me as soon as I passed her. The entire walk she was talking to herself about how she was gonna stab me and how I was a "demon sent from hell in human form":psyduck: I legit thought that bitch was about to kill me any second :jonny6:

hatake
11 minutes ago, LovaticSwiftie said:

For about 1-2 years I hear someone walking in the attic at night when I'm in bed or during the day when I'm alone at home. One day I remember being alone at home in the bathroom brushing my teeth when I thought my mom or brother were coming home using the stairwell to come up because we live in the second floor.Tho the sound of using the stairwell wasn't coming from below, it sounded like someone would walk down from the attic. I talked to my mom about all of this a few weeks ago and she says she's hearing it as well, but no one is in attic. We've been up there a couple of times now, but there is nothing. 

Uhm wtf? Is this real? Paranormal Activity teas :psyduck: 

Have you been up there to see what its about?

LovaticSwiftie
Just now, hatake said:

Uhm wtf? Is this real? Paranormal Activity teas :psyduck: 

Have you been up there to see what its about?

Yeah, this is a 100% real, I'm not trolling. I was up there for a few times with my parents and brother, but no one can be up there. We searched everywhere and it's a pretty big attic, but no one can hide anywhere. I'm living in this house since I was born, but this only started about 2 years ago. And it's not like quite, little steps from a mouse or something that I hear, most of the time it's 3-4 steps from something/someone heavy. Nothing happened for a couple of weeks now, but I'm sure I will hear it again. The weird thing is my father and brother don't hear anything, not when they are alone at home during the day nor during the night, because both are deep sleepers. My mum and I are the one ones who hear it. 

Illuminati

I had a dream about my dead relatives trying to warn me about something and it was a really scary nightmare to me because I'm generally scared of ghosts and I believe I can sense the energy of someone who recently passed away so I wasn't even listening to what they were trying to say. Anyway, the same day I went on a bike trip with my friend and we both nearly drowned in a river. The only reason I'm alive is because some strangers saw us and dragged us out. I was in so much shock I couldn't even remember their faces or say anything all I could think of was how hungry and empty I felt. We went home without speaking and I don't think I even told my parents about it.
I know it sounds silly and I was young at the time so I believed in such things more than I do now. Idk if it's a coincidence but dreaming of dead relatives has always aligned with something dramatic in my life. 

hatake
43 minutes ago, LovaticSwiftie said:

Yeah, this is a 100% real, I'm not trolling. I was up there for a few times with my parents and brother, but no one can be up there. We searched everywhere and it's a pretty big attic, but no one can hide anywhere. I'm living in this house since I was born, but this only started about 2 years ago. And it's not like quite, little steps from a mouse or something that I hear, most of the time it's 3-4 steps from something/someone heavy. Nothing happened for a couple of weeks now, but I'm sure I will hear it again. The weird thing is my father and brother don't hear anything, not when they are alone at home during the day nor during the night, because both are deep sleepers. My mum and I are the one ones who hear it. 

This is creepy beyond measures. Has your family considered moving? 

BadMonster

I've had so much scary/creepy/unexplainable **** happen I wouldn't know where to begin :rip: Luckily there were occassions there were others present, but a lot also happens when I'm alone. I've posted some of them in past creepy stories threads, but several members feel the need to joke about it cuz they don't believe in stuff like that, so I don't really feel like sharing. Love reading these threads tho 

Nutitle
4 hours ago, Rihlord said:

What the **** :mazen: AHS teas

1 hour ago, Whis said:

Why am i reading this before going to sleep :skull:

MTE :deadbanana4:

KiiPopHunty
16 hours ago, tylerrcrush said:

Something similar happened to me :mazen: I was probably 10/11 visiting my aunt’s house in another state for Christmas, and my parents were out with my aunt and uncle for a few hours around 7pm. I remember that I was in the front room playing with this one of those “spiral art” stencil sets I got for Christmas while my cousin (the only person home) was taking a shower. I heard the sliding door open, but I thought my cousin came down and went outside to smoke as he did often then. I went into the kitchen to see if it was him when I could hear that he was still taking a shower :biblio: they also lived in a scary area, so when I realized it wasn’t him I almost **** myself. I genuinely think someone was there. I told my dad but he just said “why didn’t you call me” and shrugged it off :skull:

There have also been so many times where it has felt like the situation I’m in could turn into a dateline episode, and I need to go close the blinds/curtains and make sure everything is locked or else I can’t stop thinking about it :rip: 

Venus XCX
17 hours ago, Rihlord said:

Not the car driving on, a nightmare of mine :deadbanana4: Thank God your instincts saved you.

Yvess

I have a lot experiences that I consider to be scary....I'll give my top 3 i guess 

1st : Sleep Paralysis

I will never forget about this. I know I am having it coz I cant move and all I can see my room but i cant move and felt like something or someone is on top of me, It went on for more than 5-10 minutes and I cant breathe. For a moment, I thought it was the end of me and I have come to terms that I will die on that very moment. But suddenly, the weight was gone and all i did was cry coz it was over.

2nd: Vehicular Accident

I was about to go home from work at around 1am and I rode a cab. When I got in the cab, I already felt an instinct that something might happen, It is weird ofc but I didnt get off and just tried to be more vigilant. The song on my playlist that time was Stuttering by Jessica Sanchez and after 10 minutes, the cab hit a traffic cone and bricks on the road, the cab tumbled and I was not injured for unknown reason. Scary thing for me was that the cab driver was heavily injured and hearing his groan activated my adrenalline rush and i was able to push him out of the cab resulting me to a foot injury. I was not scared to die that time, but im scared to die with someone tbh.

3rd: Being chased by my helper with an ax

Growing up, my parents were busy with work and I only stay with my helper but she is not really a helpful person coz she used to lock me up in the morning til afternoon in the library then when i tried to tell my parents by writing them a letter, she saw it and she got so fired up and chased me with an ax, i was running back and forth to the house til i got out and saw a neighbor to help me out. I am still 7 years old by that time. Maybe it also made me become weird or more introverted. My helper got fired on the same day btw. The scary part of it was I'm yelling for my dear life as a kid but it also made me not so scared of dying after that incident. idk/