Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Why are some people ignorant towards the Notre Dame fire?

79 posts in this topic

Some of the replies in here are just.. :psyduck: I literally can't wrap my head around it.

People saying it's just a building :psyduck: 

People trying to say it's a white people thing and France deserves it after the horrendous actions made by them (even though Notre Dame was built in the 10th century, 6 centuries prior to the start of French colonies, but facts don't matter, right?) :psyduck: 

Claiming this is a ~first world problem~ with the argument that hundreds of people die around the world on a daily basis, while people who say this don't give a single **** about dying and starving people around the world. :psyduck: 

I also noticed that some people have made comments under the facebook post of Vice's article like ''hail satan'' and all this kind of bafoonery. :mazen: 

Leave religion out of this. I'm an atheist but I think all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity should come together in moments like this. 

Sorry for this ~rant~ but that thread really left a bad taste in my mouth. :-x

Рез�л�а� � изоб�ажение за quasimodo hugging notre dame

It was a beautiful piece of architecture and having a building made centuries ago stand high and mighty is the pride of not just the people in Paris or even just the French but for everyone. Humans did that. Some people can't grasp that, oddly enough.

Because they want to feel edgy. Just ignore those people tbh.

Honestly I do see the other side of it.

But some people calling it the French 9/11 is just :biblio: the lowest 

The concept of irrational feelings is foreign to them. We are not machines that have balanced feelings towards all things in the world. They can't stand that. Interestingly enough, they just state their opinions but if you ask them what their motivation is to post them you get no answer. 

The atheist French Revolutionaries tried to tear down the Notre Dame because it was a symbol of autocracy and oppression for them. This cathedral is a cultural symbol of France, its monarchy and colonial empire. It has no significance whatsoever to anyone outside of France.

I can understand that some people don't care about this "just a building" for whatever reason but some are BOTHERED that others are upset over its burning, like how is this your ****ing business? :rip:

Because hating whites is cool in 2019 :psyduck:

People need to learn to distinguish between culture and religion.

I can comprehend the importance of a building like Notre Dame. The people that are hating on it are just malicious and are trying to hide it by trying to sound woke. I honestly don’t understand how you can hate Notre dame because of French colonialism when it was built before that time :deadbanana: 

Posted (edited)

Because France has an ugly history of destroying other cultures (still happening to this day). But once a church (all churches look the same) gets set on fire, they get shook and scream "Our culture is destroyed!!!" "is this all we have!!". 

I have no sympathy, especially when France does crap like this 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-30484533

Who cares, France was/is/always will be rich and can pay to fix it. Give Haiti and Algeria reparations 

I agree that some of the comments were disrespectful; however, I guess people are just responding to the sensationalism and sense of victim hood that comes along with these types of events. A majority of the artifacts weren't damaged; the building can easily be restored with the insane amount of money raised; and most importantly, no one was harmed. While it was a scary thing to happen, and very unpleasant for people in the fire's vicinity, I think people are sensationalizing it on social media, when we all know that in a matter of days no one will care because people are fickle. :michael:

Not paying attention to the History class :gaycat4:

Americans education system is failing 

ba5259a9ebb0489d.png

The ironic part is I've seen some Arab SJWs celebrating on Twitter without acknowledging their own people's history of colonization and persecution of others.

:psyduck:

3 hours ago, IWantASoda35 said:

Because France has an ugly history of destroying other cultures (still happening to this day). But once a church (all churches look the same) gets set on fire, they get shook and scream "Our culture is destroyed!!!" "is this all we have!!". 

It’s almost as if virtually every country in the Western world has a culture closer to that of France than those outside NA/Europe, and it hits closer to home when said culture is damaged. 

OT: People on ATRL aren’t capable of critical thinking for the most post.

It's a building it can be rebuilt

Image result for modern church

Just now, Nocturne said:

It’s almost as if virtually every country in the Western world has a culture closer to that of France than those outside NA/Europe, and it hits closer to home when said culture is damaged. 

Even for some Asian countries like Japan, France is absolutely everything :gaycat4: :heart2:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_syndrome

France is just too cultural relevant around the world to ignore :cm:

18 minutes ago, Katamari said:

Americans education system is failing 

ba5259a9ebb0489d.png

The world doesn’t revolve around european infrastructure. The french have a history of destroying artifacts of different cultures 

There is a lot of people complaining/not understanding how such a big amount of money can be raised to restore a building but not to help homeless/poor people who need it. And while I'm very saddened by the accident and thankful the money was raised, I get their point.

There were also people wondering why Notre Dame got so much attention from the media and not the Al-Aqsa mosque which was burning in Jerusalem at the same moment.

I can understand that they were annoyed that news outlets only focused on Paris. But it turns out that it was not the actual mosque that was burning, but a building nearby, so I guess that's why.

Just now, valdo said:

There is a lot of people complaining/not understanding how such a big amount of money can be raised to restore a building but not to help homeless/poor people who need it. And while I'm very saddened by the accident and thankful the money was raised, I get their point.

There were also people wondering why Notre Dame got so much attention from the media and not the Al-Aqsa mosque which was burning in Jerusalem at the same moment.

I can understand that they were annoyed that news outlets only focused on Paris. But it turns out that it was not the actual mosque that was burning, but a building nearby, so I guess that's why.

Because the mosque was actually built on colonization. 

A whole Temple underneath that the colonizers built on top of.

1 hour ago, Nocturne said:

I guess your right. Colonizers gotta stick together and defend this ugly building. :katie:

It's the overdramatic response over the building and the media sensationalism that surrounds it. Like sure, some of the artifacts inside are lost but the building is not completely ruined and can be rebuilt again :rip: Like where was this energy when ancient city Palmyra was destroyed just recently, that **** was even older than Notre Dame.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0