Have you had an asexual phase?

22 posts in this topic

shookspeare

Yes! I've been celibate for a year after a breakup to sort out my issues and focus on myself :-* i'm really enjoying it tbh, I have major STD anxiety and i have vulnerability issues that sex exacerbates so i think it's best to keep it like that for the foreseeable future :biblio:

my last relationship ended bc i stopped wanting to have sex, it just became such a chore and i found myself starting to become sex-repulsed. maybe that will change in the future if i meet a guy who's not trash, but for now i'm pure

7cf8e9a7-57cf-438c-9bf7-5e2e7f04905e.jpg

Gabriel Florin

Yes. I was just in a point of my life where I really reaised I have absolutely and no attraction to girls. And my mind was automatically rejecting the idea of any kind of possible gay stuff, so I was just here ... confused and thinking about asexuality.

Touch It

I wouldn't say I'm asexual but I'm not really looking for a relationship and don't have that much of a sex drive. I still want a spouse in the future and want to raise a family but honestly, I don't really find sex that appealing :dancehall:

Illuminati

I don't think being celibate is the same as being asexual but yes there were times when I genuinely didn't feel attracted to anyone

Tori Kelly

I thought I was for like forever. Had a few encounters with just about everyone sex now and felt bi for a long time afterwards, but honestly I feel like I am still ace and that me sleeping with a ton of people was just to compensate for not feeling anything sexually...like maybe going through the motions and labeling myself differently would change things...like I used to hate myself when I identified with it but now I think I understand it better. I definitely am romantic to anyone, but sexually still not really.

Anyone care to help me out in understanding this? It honestly been on my brain for months...

Pendulum

@Nikko people back home don't even know what is an asexual :rip: 

OT: Yes, came out to my now ex-girlfriend as an asexual :'( then bisexual :shakeno: and then I dropped the bomb :sistrens:

ProfessorNinja

I'm for sure Homosexual with some heavy Asexual leanings

Physical Intimacy IS great, but it's emotional intimacy that drives me wild

and also what I'm afraid of, in equal turns

Intimacy, period, makes me afraid

:cm:

I go through periods where I'm not attracted to anyone and Just want to do my own thing out in life

I know that's not cut + dry to fit "ASeXuAL" but this stuff never is, it's all complicated

Pop Life
3 hours ago, Ohno said:

Yes I'm asexual for 30 minutes after having Sex

:priceless:

OT: I legitimately had no interest in men or sex for a couple of years earlier this decade. I had plenty of offers, so it wasn't involuntary. I just genuinely didn't want to. Even now I usually prefer a nice cup of tea to sex.

joniwasright
3 hours ago, Pendulum said:

OT: Yes, came out to my now ex-girlfriend as an asexual :'( then bisexual :shakeno: and then I dropped the bomb :sistrens:

:deadbanana2: