Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

JLaw to star in A24 war drama directed by Lila Neugebauer

20 posts in this topic

Noah

In her first screen starring role since announcing a year-long sabbatical, Jennifer Lawrence will star in an untitled film that will mark the feature directorial debut of acclaimed theater helmer Lila Neugebauer. Plot is under wraps, and the film is backed by IAC Films and A24. Script was written by first-time screenwriter Elizabeth Sanders. Scott Rudin and Eli Bush are producing, with Lawrence and Justine Polsky. A mid-June production start is set in New Orleans.

https://deadline.com/2019/04/jennifer-lawrence-lila-neugebauer-a24-iac-films-next-film-1202596721/

the new film will find Lawrence playing a U.S. solider who suffers a traumatic brain injury in Afghanistan and struggles to recover back home.

http://collider.com/jennifer-lawrence-new-movie-plot-details/

Noah
1 hour ago, TheFireLexus said:

Isn't Bad Blood coming first? :biblio:

probably not because they were still working on the screenplay for it as of February and there haven't really been any other updates about it since then :katie:

kayliah
4 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Her best performance was in mother

Agree it's a shame it went unnoticed because of the unwarranted hate !!!

Leon
9 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Red Sparrow is her best performance.

8 hours ago, Miichael said:

:lipton2:

& her best movie

That movie sucks.

Blue Rose
4 hours ago, Yves said:

This is gonna be a mess, I can already tell. :doc:

Read her resume. This sound like an Oscar worthy debut.

princeaiden
9 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

agreed, she was phenomenal, she truly showed how amazing of an actress she is. Mother got hated on due to the the extremely misleading marketing 

Haus
14 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

:clap3: mother! and vox lux the most misunderstood and overlooked films of the decade

can't wait for this

Noah

the new film will find Lawrence playing a U.S. solider who suffers a traumatic brain injury in Afghanistan and struggles to recover back home.

http://collider.com/jennifer-lawrence-new-movie-plot-details/

the first plot details :duca: it seems like it could be an Oscar baity role :gaycat3:

also Brian Tyree Henry is rumored to star alongside Jennifer:

Collider has also learned that Atlanta star Brian Tyree Henry holds the offer to star opposite Lawrence. Henry doesn’t have a deal yet, and discussions are still super early, but he’s the choice for what I understand to be the male lead. Now, I haven’t read the script and don’t have the character breakdown, but if I had to wager a guess based on my knowledge of how movies work, I’d assume he’s either playing Lawrence’s commanding officer, or her therapist of some kind back at home. It all depends on how much time the film spends with Lawrence’s character on the battlefield.

El Chico

I never realized how many A24 films I love till recently so I’am kind of excited :duca:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0