Zero Tolerance for Hate Speech Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Veteran artists should only perform 3 new songs on a tour

22 posts in this topic

The Next Day
Posted (edited)

No.

Lmao what an entitled bitch: "I want to hear the hits only, therefore everybody wants the same." 

J-esper

Nope. An act should choose whatever they please

Cain

Artiste can do whatever the **** they want. :lmao:

@michael

I wish Gaga would perform new mixes of her old songs. She's still using the same ol' tracks and even the same choreography to Just Dance and Poker Face over 10 years later.

Quaithe
2 minutes ago, Cain said:

Artiste can do whatever the **** they want. :lmao:

/endthread

Outside789

The short tour trend will never happen. 

Bencharmer

omg... their show their rules :rip:

LuckyCunt

I kinda agree. Especially when their newer stuff isn't exactly what sells most of the tickets.

Sanctified

What in the world? This person does realise people go to multiple tours by the same artist if they like them enough, right? I went to PRISMATIC World Tour and Witness The Tour and if anything I felt like WTT could have benefited from more differences in the setlist. There were plenty of Witness album tracks she left off for songs I would have happily not seen live for a second time.

Erreur2 La Nature

This article is stupid. 

stevyy

The article was about Mariah and that nobody wants to listen to the Caution tracks... but it's the Caution tracks I'm most excited about. So...

Alongoria13

I'd love to listen to A No No live so... 

Ryann

i mean its their show so they can do whatever they want yes but if they want tickets to sell then they should play what their fans want to see :skull: 

Enoch

coachella can choose who they hire as long as it earns them a profit

private radio

no thanks

White_King

If it's a tour supporting a new album then no...

But if its a Greatest Hits tour then yeah I see it

ViviLittleM

When Gaga toured (R.I.P.) she performed the whole or almost whole new album each tour

UnusualBoy

I agree when the current album is garbage see Brenda Jeans, Juana, etc, otherwise no.

Wii

I kind of agree with this

I went to see Mariah last Nov in Singpore (before the released date of Caution), when she sang her old hits the crowd went WILD and when she sang the Caution tracks people were muted, only a few younger people singalong to :stare: she only did two though (With You & The Distance) 

Don't Stop Me Now

Mariah is singing many of the hits, though. It's called the Caution tour, therefore, it only makes sense to sing songs from Caution. The US crowd was going wild for Caution tracks, especially the opening of ANN with the whistle notes. Only casual fans or non fans would complain about something like this. 

SalvatoreKevin

It depends on the artist, honestly but overall no thx. I like a good mix of old and new. However, I'm tired of artists like Gaga playing the same old versions of her classics instead of revamping or rearranging them to fit a certain mood or style. Madonna has been going into a similar direction as well. RHT was such a piece of crap in terms of visuals and tour arrangements. Lazy ass tracks that sounded like karaoke versions and the song selection was also garbage. Too much 80s stuff and almost nothing from the 90s and 00s which would have worked much better alongside the new material.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0