Hongbin

Inb4 the bottom twinks here spam the “bots!!!” comments

and Hanteo doesnt even count all of the shops right? a SMASH

They're making history

I just want to see the gaon numbers so bad

It'll be another historic moment

45 minutes ago, ☆starshine☆ said:

This is Korea only.

Isn't Korea their main market anyway? Doubt they'll be doing same numbers elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, MirrorcleMonster said:

and Hanteo doesnt even count all of the shops right? a SMASH

No. Gaon may even cross 3 milli for the full week.

2 hours ago, RainDreamer said:

Isn't Korea their main market anyway? Doubt they'll be doing same numbers elsewhere. 

Obviously not, but they're doing 240k in the US which is quite good.

So 1.3 million in the first 3.5 hours of the first day and 700k for the rest of the days (4 days and 20.5 hours)  :skull:

Great numbers but they are really frontloaded

1 hour ago, Green said:

So 1.3 million in the first 3.5 hours of the first day and 700k for the rest of the days (4 days and 20.5 hours)  :skull:

I'd rather be ''frontloaded'' than not be able to sell even a fraction of this amount.

1 hour ago, Green said:

Yeah I agree

Amazing numbers but I really thought it would be doing more considering the unbelievable numbers they pulled in like 3 hours

Still, obviously great numbers :clap3: 

5 hours ago, Green said:

If the stans already pre-ordered 3 million, that's already bulk right there. They're lucky to keep it going.

cant wait for the gaon data at the end of the month. I dont think there has ever been 2M seller in a month

ba5259a9ebb0489d.png

Do they really have this many fans or is it just fans buying multiple copies? 

8 minutes ago, Feanor said:

Do they really have this many fans or is it just fans buying multiple copies? 

If their fans can make them sell out stadiums, break YouTube records, have a song that's Top 3 on Global Spotify, etc. why is this surprising?

And I'm sure some of the obsessed ones buy multiple copies, but so do fans of pop girls.

5 hours ago, Green said:

All kpop albums are frontloaded because fans pre-order physical albums, which are billed as collectors items.

These aren't even the real numbers anyway so it's kinda pointless. They're probably looking at 3 million first week, but we won't know because the charts are monthly.

5 hours ago, Green said:

That is how J-pop and K-pop acts sell. They won't sell more than 3 million by the end. Very front loaded 

9 hours ago, Green said:

This is normal for the industry. They've gotten 500k in pure physical catalog sales in the first 3 months of the year. I don't think their last album has left the bb200 top 50 and that was released in august.

Edited by Hongbin

On 4/16/2019 at 6:37 AM, Green said:

U do realize that those 700K would have made it the best selling album in Korea (and maybe even WW) for all of 2019 right?

smh

On 4/16/2019 at 12:36 PM, KKCuteCat said:

That is how J-pop and K-pop acts sell. They won't sell more than 3 million by the end. Very front loaded 

On 4/16/2019 at 12:36 PM, KKCuteCat said:

You better learn about BTS.

their last 2 albums debuted at 1Million and double their sales during their chart run in Korea.

i don’t think any of their last 4 albums has left the Korean chart yet...

smh

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.