Samsung Galaxy Fold Unboxing

24 posts in this topic

rihannabiggestfan

Wonder how long it will take for Apple to copy this...  5 years?

or will they just Samsung to do it for them, I mean Samsung already makes their screens

joniwasright

who needs this ugly board? to watch videos on youtube? buy ipad instead :deadbanana2:

are we back to 2007 with the flip phones thing?????????

i hope apple won't EVER do something like this :mazen:

geddymonster
6 minutes ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

or will they just Samsung to do it for them, I mean Samsung already makes their screens

Apple has been filing patents for foldable phones for years. :rip:

Poe Dameron
7 minutes ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

Is Samsung providing their screens supposed to be some sort of drag :lmao:

rihannabiggestfan
5 minutes ago, Poe Dameron said:

Is Samsung providing their screens supposed to be some sort of drag :lmao:

Well yeah, because Apple know their own screens are low-quality in comparison and can't compete, like their cameras compared to the Google Pixel series' [no wonder every Apple user I take to take a pic of me using that phone, particularly the 3XL, is like "wow this camera is aMaZiNg, what phone is it" :cm:]

Poe Dameron
Just now, rihannabiggestfan said:

Well yeah, because Apple know their own screens are low-quality in comparison and can't compete, like their cameras compared to the Google Pixel series' [no wonder every Apple user I take to take a pic of me using that phone, particularly the 3XL is like "wow this camera is aMaZiNg, what is it" :cm:

]

Apple have never made screens themselves :toofunny2: they create patents and design the screens, eg the Super Retina OLED, Liquid Retina Display, and then get Samsung to make it for them 

americanlife

It’s so wide when it’s not folded. Phones have become impractically huge. If I wanted a foldable phone I’d get a flip phone.

Image result for tim cook crying

TheLastChord

The concept is great but it'll take a few generations in order for it to be perfected. The design is just too bulky.

In order to get there though, these earlier gens will have to be somewhat economically viable and at 2k, I don't know. Good luck with booking those sequels you speak of.

But if it does work and all major brands start putting money into this, this could evolve into a game changer in 4-8 years beyond just phones and tablets, the chromebook territory could be at play here as well 

☆starshine☆

Huawei and Samsung rushing an ugly prototype to the market reminds me when they launched OLED only to be plagued with burn-in.

Give it a few years.

1 hour ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

Well yeah, because Apple know their own screens are low-quality in comparison and can't compete, like their cameras compared to the Google Pixel series' [no wonder every Apple user I take to take a pic of me using that phone, particularly the 3XL, is like "wow this camera is aMaZiNg, what phone is it" :cm:]

Apple doesn't even manufacture screens. :deadbanana:

Can't_M!ss_This
16 minutes ago, ☆starshine☆ said:

Huawei and Samsung rushing an ugly prototype to the market reminds me when they launched OLED only to be plagued with burn-in.

Give it a few years.

Apple doesn't even manufacture screens. :deadbanana:

They design the controller and the specs for it. It’s not some off the shelf screen from Samsung. There’s even rumors that a different company will be supplying the screens next. 

shinyshimmery

Samsung's all about these crazy features that end up slowing down their devices over time (or make them obsolete)... unreliable. That foldable screen already has a crease right out of the box... and what in the world is that tiny screen when it is folded up? ugly.

Their S10 line does look nice tho... and the Note line is also pretty cool. This thing is not it tho. 

Anthem

Yall going up for this :toofunny2:

IF this catches on... (think 3D Phones....Any of those weird form factors of Androids) and Apple hops on the wagon, the 'Apple Fold' will STILL be more iconic, relevant and work better than whatever Sammy comes up with. Bookmark me :michael:

Anthem

And I dont see the use for a fordable phone :psyduck: if they were smart they would have made a fordable screen tablet. now THAT would show more promise.

postsus
2 hours ago, americanlife said:

It’s so wide when it’s not folded. Phones have become impractically huge. If I wanted a foldable phone I’d get a flip phone.

You will be changing the tune as soon as the iFold is out.

☆starshine☆
1 hour ago, Can't_M!ss_This said:

They design the controller and the specs for it. It’s not some off the shelf screen from Samsung. There’s even rumors that a different company will be supplying the screens next. 

I know Apple individually calibrates their displays in the factory to the highest accuracy. Apple is a design company who designs and modifies the majority of the specs and has Samsung or whoever is capable of mass producing 80 million iPhones in a quarter according to spec. They'll become more independent whenever microLED rolls out since they own a few factories already.

OT: They should have waited until the tech was mature enough because the front display is way too small making it sorta pointless. It's not as good as having the best smartphone and the best tablet for a cheaper price.