Jump to content
Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Madonna leeching off of relevant artists?

214 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Oldonna needs to take a seat on that wheelchair and give up already. No one wants to see grandma frolicking around in a leotard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rv1709 said:

Oldonna needs to take a seat on that wheelchair and give up already. No one wants to see grandma frolicking around in a leotard

imagine being that narrow minded. to say that someone isn't allowed to be creative because of their age

 

yet, atrl does not hand out penalties for such crude behaviour..

 

replace the word "old" or "grandma" with "black" or a homophobic slur and you'd be permabanned. why isn't the same done for ageism and sexism?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

leeching off? then what are Ariana/normani/sam smith/bieber/halsey/beyonce/****ing RIHANNA doing? almost all of their hits come from collaborations. some of them didn't even start solo!

 

at least madonna has mostly worked solo for almost 30 years. can't say the same about pop singers in their peak.

 

The audacity..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes she has always done that, but she is still Madonna and most are more than happy to collab/associate themselves with her so yeah.  I just think that for Madonna herself it would be much more powerful to just be her own legend and do her own thing/music etc.  .. But she just craves relevancy and she wants what others have always :skull:  Even though she has so much more herself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The backfire and irony coming from a Beyonce stan whose fave has been doing countless of trend hopping collabs for the past decade due to her inability to score a hit on her own in her 30's :rip: and calling Rebel Heart a bomb when despite its two first singles being solo it managed to sell 1,3M copies WW plus has a $170M tour 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Orsay said:

Any new artist she collaborates with should consider themselves lucky to be given the chance to collaborate with the best selling female artist of all time

 

If anything this just reveals the industry’s gross tendency to recycle artists once they’re past a certain age, especially considering that Wayne and Timberlake are now done themselves too

Madonna is a legend for many reasons, only ATRL cares about **** like that sis c'mon :rip:  If someone collabs with Madonna cuz she is the best selling blah blah that's offensive :rip: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

THE queen of Pop likes to support younger artists.

what's wrong with that? :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She has always done this. Collaborating with artists that are cool and successful. Nowadays she’s much older though so y’all perceive it as something desperate to have a hit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She will literally SUCK the youth out of whichever relevant artist lands in her clutches! omg im so scared for maluma ha youthful looks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

y'all mad because y'all worry it worked the last time she collabed with JT and it smashed hard while she was turning 50

 

Slikovni rezultat za the iiconics gif heartbreakers.me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Madonna has been hopping on dying trends since Hard Candy. Justin Timberlake and Timbaland in 2008, after Nelly Furtado's success with them; Nicki Minaj and electropop in 2012; EDM in 2015; Latin music now. She's unoriginal and uninspired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BeyoncéFlicks said:

2003: Britney Spears + turned down by Eminem

2008: Justin Timberlake, Timbaland, Pharrell

2009: Lil' Wayne

2012: Nicki Minaj & M.I.A.

2015: Nicki Minaj + the many artists who appeared in Bitch, I'm Madodo

2019: Maluma, and who knows who else // Also "reconciled" with Gaga after her successful film and Oscar win even though she's been throwing nasty shade for almost a decade.

Not Dodo :priceless:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AvrilLaQueen said:

y'all mad because y'all worry it worked the last time she collabed with JT and it smashed hard while she was turning 50

 

Slikovni rezultat za the iiconics gif heartbreakers.me

Where is this from sis? Asuka's acting made me cackle :lmao:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Madonna has been hopping on dying trends since Hard Candy. Justin Timberlake and Timbaland in 2008, after Nelly Furtado's success with them; Nicki Minaj and electropop in 2012; EDM in 2015; Latin music now. She's unoriginal and uninspired.

KATY PERRY & CHRISTINA AGUILERA

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sooo? She's a woman of a certain age you fu cks. She has to do certain things to remain relevant. It's really not that deep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

KATY PERRY & CHRISTINA AGUILERA

 

Two trendsetters, something Madge hasn't been since the 80s :clap3:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nobody would be complaining if the results were at least decent. There's nothing wrong with wanting to collaborate with young, talented and popular artists, it's the bad outcome that makes her look so uninspired and desperate...

 

Beyoncé, at least, has the decency to keep her quick lil singles out of her albums. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

She has always done this. Collaborating with artists that are cool and successful. Nowadays she’s much older though so y’all perceive it as something desperate to have a hit. 

That's bs. stop trying. even Frank Sinatra and Pavarotti, garbage, pet shop boys, and many very successful artists wanted to work with her and she declined. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh wow, who am I to counter these receipts? :eek: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hot 100 entries with a feature / guest artist: 1982-2002 NONE

 

2003 - #35 - Me Against The Music - Britney Spears

2008 - #03 - 4 Minutes - Justin Timberlake

2012 - #10 - Give Me All Your Luvin - Nicki Minaj & MIA

2015 - #84 - B!tch I'm Madonna - Nicki Minaj

 

out of 57 total song entries = 7,01% of her songs on the H100 are features

 

Comparing to:

1992 - #1 - I'll Be There - Trey Lorenz

1994 - #2 - Endless Love - Luther Vandross

1995 - #1 - One Sweet Day - Boyz II Men

1998 - #15 - When you Believe - Whitney Houston

1999 - #1 - Heartbreaker - Jay Z

2000 - #1 - Thank God I Found You - Joe & 98°

2000 - #28 - Crybaby - Snoop Dogg

2001 - #2 - Loverboy - Cameo

2003 - #3 - I Know what You Want - Busta Rhymes & The Flipmode Squad

2004 - #21 - U Make Me Wanna - Jadakiss

2006 - #79 - Say Somethin' - Snoop Dogg

2008 - #58 - I'll Be Loving You Long Time - T.I.

2009 - #82 - My Love - The Dream

2010 - #100 - Up Out My Face - Nicki Minaj

2011 - #86 - All I want for Christmas Is You - Justin Bieber

2013 - #15 - #Beautiful - Miguel

2017 - #89 - I Don't - YG

 

17 out of 47 = 36,1%

 

36,1% - Mariah Carey

7,01% - Madonna

 

And of course

 

2006 - #9 - Break It Off - Sean Paul

2007 - #1 - Umbrella - Jay Z

2007 - #7 - Hate That I Love You - Ne-Yo

2008 - #51 - If I never See your Face Again - Maroon 5

2008 - #1 - Live Your Life - T.I.

2009 - #8 - Hard - Jeezy

2009 - #1 - Run This Town - Jay Z & Kanye West

2010 - #64 - Rockstar - Slash

2010 - #1 - What's my Name - Drake

2010 - #1 - S&M - Britney Spears

2010 - #1 - Love The Way You Lie - Eminem

2010 - #51 - Who's That Chick - David Guetta

2011 - #1 - We Found Love - Calvin Harris

2011 - #18 - All Of The Lights - Kanye West

2011 - #19 - Fly - Nicki Minaj

2012 - #7 - Take Care - Drake

2012 - #31 - Talk That Talk - Jay Z

2012 - #20 - Princess of China - Coldplay

2012 - #24 - Birthday Cake - Chris Brown

2013 - #21 - Bad - Wale

2013 - #1 - Stay - Mikky Ekko

2013 - #55 - Loveeeee Song - Future

2013 - #50 - Right Now - David Guetta

2013 - #1 - The Monster - Eminem

2014 - #15 - Can't Remember To Forget You - Shakira

2015 - #4 - FourFiveSeconds - Paul McCartney & Kanye West

2016 - #1 - Work - Drake

2016 - #75 - Nothing Is Promised - Mike Will Made It

2016 - #3 - This Is What You Came For - Calvin Harris

2016 - #14 - Too Good - Drake

2017 - #36 - Lemon - NERD

2017 - #37 - Selfish - Future

2017 - #2 - Wild Thoughts - DJ Khaled & Bryson Tiller

2017 - #14 - Loyalty - Kendrick Lamar

 

34 out of 63 entries = 53,9%

 

53,9% - Rihanna

36,1% - Mariah Carey

7,01% - Madonna

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stevyy said:

Hot 100 entries with a feature / guest artist: 1982-2002 NONE

 

2003 - #35 - Me Against The Music - Britney Spears

2008 - #03 - 4 Minutes - Justin Timberlake

2012 - #10 - Give Me All Your Luvin - Nicki Minaj & MIA

2015 - #84 - B!tch I'm Madonna - Nicki Minaj

 

out of 57 total song entries = 7,01% of her songs on the H100 are features

 

Comparing to:

1992 - #1 - I'll Be There - Trey Lorenz

1994 - #2 - Endless Love - Luther Vandross

1995 - #1 - One Sweet Day - Boyz II Men

1998 - #15 - When you Believe - Whitney Houston

1999 - #1 - Heartbreaker - Jay Z

2000 - #1 - Thank God I Found You - Joe & 98°

2000 - #28 - Crybaby - Snoop Dogg

2001 - #2 - Loverboy - Cameo

2003 - #3 - I Know what You Want - Busta Rhymes & The Flipmode Squad

2004 - #21 - U Make Me Wanna - Jadakiss

2006 - #79 - Say Somethin' - Snoop Dogg

2008 - #58 - I'll Be Loving You Long Time - T.I.

2009 - #82 - My Love - The Dream

2010 - #100 - Up Out My Face - Nicki Minaj

2011 - #86 - All I want for Christmas Is You - Justin Bieber

2013 - #15 - #Beautiful - Miguel

2017 - #89 - I Don't - YG

 

17 out of 47 = 36,1%

 

36,1% - Mariah Carey

7,01% - Madonna

 

And of course

 

2006 - #9 - Break It Off - Sean Paul

2007 - #1 - Umbrella - Jay Z

2007 - #7 - Hate That I Love You - Ne-Yo

2008 - #51 - If I never See your Face Again - Maroon 5

2008 - #1 - Live Your Life - T.I.

2009 - #8 - Hard - Jeezy

2009 - #1 - Run This Town - Jay Z & Kanye West

2010 - #64 - Rockstar - Slash

2010 - #1 - What's my Name - Drake

2010 - #1 - S&M - Britney Spears

2010 - #1 - Love The Way You Lie - Eminem

2010 - #51 - Who's That Chick - David Guetta

2011 - #1 - We Found Love - Calvin Harris

2011 - #18 - All Of The Lights - Kanye West

2011 - #19 - Fly - Nicki Minaj

2012 - #7 - Take Care - Drake

2012 - #31 - Talk That Talk - Jay Z

2012 - #20 - Princess of China - Coldplay

2012 - #24 - Birthday Cake - Chris Brown

2013 - #21 - Bad - Wale

2013 - #1 - Stay - Mikky Ekko

2013 - #55 - Loveeeee Song - Future

2013 - #50 - Right Now - David Guetta

2013 - #1 - The Monster - Eminem

2014 - #15 - Can't Remember To Forget You - Shakira

2015 - #4 - FourFiveSeconds - Paul McCartney & Kanye West

2016 - #1 - Work - Drake

2016 - #75 - Nothing Is Promised - Mike Will Made It

2016 - #3 - This Is What You Came For - Calvin Harris

2016 - #14 - Too Good - Drake

2017 - #36 - Lemon - NERD

2017 - #37 - Selfish - Future

2017 - #2 - Wild Thoughts - DJ Khaled & Bryson Tiller

2017 - #14 - Loyalty - Kendrick Lamar

 

34 out of 63 entries = 53,9%

 

53,9% - Rihanna

36,1% - Mariah Carey

7,01% - Madonna

 

thank you.

maybe you should read the real receipts @Pop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wanderlust said:

thank you.

maybe you should read the real receipts @Pop

you're welcome... Madonna has built her legacy on her solo career entirely... and now that the world is spinning in a different direction, she is churning out an occasional feature here n there... but she ain't one of those acts who could never rely on themselves for a hit. 

 

I mean Cardi B and Nicki Minaj probably only have 5-10% of solo songs... 

 

When our (older) legends are under attack, I'm here to defend, irregardless of the backlash. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stevyy said:

you're welcome... Madonna has built her legacy on her solo career entirely... and now that the world is spinning in a different direction, she is churning out an occasional feature here n there... but she ain't one of those acts who could never rely on themselves for a hit. 

 

I mean Cardi B and Nicki Minaj probably only have 5-10% of solo songs... 

 

When our (older) legends are under attack, I'm here to defend, irregardless of the backlash. 

shut up. you're hot :hug: daddy do things to me

 

303h84z_th.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, thinking said:

she should collab with BTS ezgif-4-3b3df13b91.thumb.gif.6df9e500cd8

nnnn the fact that this seems quite possible :rip:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This topic is now closed to further replies.