Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Why doesn't Normani improve her vocals?

21 posts in this topic

Camilitau.u

I stan her visually but her vocals are :shakeno: How has her team not done anything about it? This is bothering me the most about her career. Everything else on point but her vocals are subpar and sometimes nonexistent.

X~MoviePoP

How can she change it unless she goes britney and sings higher. Shes tryna use her lower register via beyonce but sometimes its off.

Jet

Singing is both a skill and a talent. Normani has improved immensely since she was on x-factor die vocal coaches, practice and experience but without any actual vocal talent, she will never be anything more than just a mediocre singer. She does the best with what god has given her I guess.

brainmaniac

She’s like Beyoncé. Not the best vocalist, but her performance skills can keep people interested until her vocals improve a bit a decade or two later 

Tena

Poor thing was sooooo off-key and looked like she was trying really hard (closing her eyes and the hand movements) to reach the notes.

This just proved all her decent performances in the last year have been lip synced... she's tone deaf.

Soda Pop Queen

She doesn't even sound that bad though lol. She's not a strong belter or a vocal virtuoso but her tone is pleasant enough and knows her voice. For pop music these days, that's enough, especially when none of the other young pop singers are dancing at her level.

HoneyHoney
6 minutes ago, brainmaniac said:

She’s like Beyoncé. Not the best vocalist, but her performance skills can keep people interested until her vocals improve a bit a decade or two later 

giphy.gif

Gavin Stenhouse

If she had a great voice she would have been perfect and I would have STAN stanned. But her voice is good and she gives us bops! She knows how to make music that suits her tone and style so she's winning. And she can perform unlike all these other pop girls.

Armani👑
44 minutes ago, brainmaniac said:

:huh:

stoopidjenna

She’s sounded fine on this in other performances I’ve seen, seems like she was just trying to do something different here but kinda failed?

50thStateofMind

she even changed the melody to make it even easier to sing and it was still  :biblio:...

can she not hear herself?

ImmaSlave4u

Bc y’all convinced her she’s the next Bey! :skull: 

I really think she believes she’s on that level jfksk

ThirdWardBey
1 hour ago, brainmaniac said:

A dreamer. 

Javan

It started of rough but it was fine by the second chorus, so it can be simply put down to nerves. However I think it’s a mix of things

1. She experiments on stage. I think she needs to stick to one alternative arrangement. The problem with doing new arrangements is that the moment you doubleguess yourself, you go off key. That’s what happened in the beginning. I don’t think it was lack of control but lack of confidence in what she was attempting.

2. She thinks she is and wants to be a mezzo soprano because her faves are. While her upper register can have some cute rasp to it at times, her lower register is most pleasant. It’s silky smooth. And if she uses her lower register more she would be a LOT more unique as an artist. But I’m afraid she most likely doesn’t see the value because her fave is Beyoncé. If she studied Toni and Sade more she would be legendary artist.  

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0