Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Rihanna "Wait Your Turn" appreciation

16 posts in this topic

Daydream

This song goes HARD.

I think this was such a turning point for Rihanna. I remember first seeing this back in 2009 I was taken aback at how different this was - especially coming off the bubblegum popgirl imagine she had during GGGB.

A reinvention and an excellent song/visual. :clap3:

TipToe

I loved it back in the day but nowadays i think it's cheesy, we know how this 'dark era' was just a gimmick after all.

HoneyHoney

Her attitude and delivery really makes the song, it would be forgettable otherwise. I can't imagine anyone else on this song.

jdmc218

The wait was over. And we got her BEST album.........and that was the last moment of the Rihanna I loved.

SrZ8dGA.gif

Soda Pop Queen
1 hour ago, HoneyHoney said:

Her attitude and delivery really makes the song, it would be forgettable otherwise. I can't imagine anyone else on this song.

Slaps so hard.

Imagine her doing a Wait Your Turn part ll. as a PSA for her new album :alexz2:

Soda Pop Queen
1 hour ago, Daydream said:

This song goes HARD.

I think this was such a turning point for Rihanna. I remember first seeing this back in 2009 I was taken aback at how different this was - especially coming off the bubblegum popgirl imagine she had during GGGB.

A reinvention and an excellent song/visual. :clap3:

I wouldn't say she had bubblegum pop image for GGGB. A Girl Like Me? Sure but she was a bit edgy for GGGB. She just turned it up several notches from 2009 onwards so it makes GGGB look tame in comparison.

TheOnlyOne

Masterpiece of a song. Was completely underrated by the trash gp at the time. The way "the wait is ova" was all we had going into the era at first and is was legendary. Lowkey should've been the lead single with a better video but I get what she was doing with Russian Roulette's statement. 

JCON

I remember the whole The Wait is Ova countdown :weeps:

The song still goes OFF :duca:

It's funny how Rihanna looks so naturally confident in this while Ariana looks like a 15 years old teenager in 7 Rings :rip:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0