Will Oscars be forced to acknowledge Endgame

35 posts in this topic

Katamari

like how BP was massive will the Oscars be forced to acknowledge this behemoth like they were for past mega blockbusters Titanic, ET, Batman :fan:

could this be a future best picture winner? Will the checks bounce?

thinking

Katamari

ugh the way this is gonna get a 92+ RT score and an 80+ on Metacritic

ugh the pretentious haters will have to deal

thinking

TaylorNation

whew poor that other universe! the entire world is perched for this movie, the acclaim and amounts of records broken will be insane

KatyCatPH

Still thinking that Black Panther is a bad movie eh? Imagine having taste like this. It's totally laughable. :ahh:

OT: If End Game is as good as Black Panther, then why not?

TheLastChord

Black Panther was a good standalone film, which is easier to accept for voters than half a movie and, plus the representation/cultural impact.

Endgame will get technical noms and maybe win one, but nothing in the big categories. If money was a thing, movies like Avengers 1 or Deathly Hallows Part 2 or Force Awakens would've been nominated and they weren't.

And Return Of The King isn't comparable because that entire trilogy was nominated for BP. 

Katamari
18 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

Black Panther was massive and nominated for a different reason babygirl 

for being a massive cultural statement i know. Unless you are trying to downplay its achievements just because of "diversity"

thinking

Thinking Of You
Just now, Katamari said:

for being a massive cultural statement i know. 

Just making sure you knew, that’s all :foxaylove2:

Katamari
21 minutes ago, KatyCatPH said:

Still thinking that Black Panther is a bad movie eh? Imagine having taste like this. It's totally laughable. :ahh:

OT: If End Game is as good as Black Panther, then why not?

who me?

thinking

Venus XCX

Definitely not. I know no one's even seen it but if all they gave Infinity War was a nom for special effects this won't get any more than that.

Mimie

If Infinity War couldn't beat First Man in Visual Effects then no :rip: marvel needs a "you're racist if you don't award this" narrative to win awards

Katamari
7 minutes ago, Mimie said:

If Infinity War couldn't beat First Man in Visual Effects then no :rip: marvel needs a "you're racist if you don't award this" narrative to win awards

Visual effects surrounding the earth and space will always win it seems :shakeno:

Katamari
10 minutes ago, Venus XCX said:

Definitely not. I know no one's even seen it but if all they gave Infinity War was a nom for special effects this won't get any more than that.

:bibliahh:

Katamari
54 minutes ago, TaylorNation said:

whew poor that other universe! the entire world is perched for this movie, the acclaim and amounts of records broken will be insane

it will be THE moment of the year untile TLK but it might even last after that

thinking

JoJo

No. Black Panther and The Dark Knight are anomalies. I think Joker has a better chance at the main awards than Endgame. 

QueenBLadyG

Multi Oscar Winning Black Panther is a masterpiece of the superhero genre. Almost positive Endgame will serve only as good as Infinity War, and will rightfully be ignored at the Oscars. They only recognize excellence.:ahh:

_Fey

It'll probably be ignored like Infinity War. Harry Potter was also a long-running series, its last movie was critically acclaimed and by far the biggest movie of the year, but it still only got stuff for makeup and design (all of which it lost). Marvel is bigger, but if they've pretty much ignored the entire universe up until Black Panther, which was a very significant movie in its own way, I don't see why this one will suddenly be loved by the Oscars.

Marvel stans just need to go hard on the box office receipts because this movie will crush records.

justin.

Sadly, I don’t think so. But then again, the actual Avengers movies (looking at you, Ultron and Infinity War), have not been as great as some of the films based on specific characters. I think it will be a great film, but idk of it will be as good as Civil War or Guardians, etc.

coolgirl98

No they'll ignore it like they did Infinity War. The only reason why Black Panther got love because of the historical element. Marvel was able to milk all that white guilt and turn it into an Oscar award winning movie. 

A Little Unruly

It doesn't have the "you're racist if you don't nominate it" narrative, so they won't have to.