Madonna - ‘Madame X’

2,299 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, RT Air said:

My main problem with this album so far is that the songs are just fine, nothing really feels substantial. I know it's too early to tell, but I just can't see myself revisiting these songs years later (like I do with most of her albums). :emofish: Medellín was a nice grower and a great track, I Rise is a non-event, and the sound of Crave and Future is a bit tired already. I know that there's this sentiment to them that she can do what the youngsters do just as well, and I appreciate that to an extent, but ultimately she just gets lots in the mix of these same-sounding songs and playlist fillers.

I'm sure that the album will have some gems (I'm especially excited for Dark Ballet :duca:), it's just annoying that the album is shaping up to be a mixed bag already. :'( I know that legend has another masterpiece album in her.

I share the same feeling. I'm sure the excellent tracks are coming... But indeed the mix of those "current" leaning songs and (hopefully) Madonna/Mirwais typical songs will be an artistic mess. 

But once again i was prepared to this so... :siptea:

omg this is cant top rebel heart or even close everything is a mess so far

whats happened  to her voice ? the autotune mess  the weird production 

the only thing that is kinda good in the era is the way she is dressing and the visuals but the songs and everything else is disaster

she needs to stop .

14 hours ago, yonka said:

DO NOT come for damita jo.

that is one of the sexiest albums ever.

wrong

and

14 hours ago, Swag said:

Hey HIStory is a great album. 

wrong

wvtfi0y.gif

20 hours ago, Wonderland said:

Hey girls what is Madonna’s best live album? I want one that has Confessions songs. I’m bopping the the Confessions album currently but it doesn’t have many of her classiqués so your recommendations would be most appreciated :gaycat1: 

I mean Confessions is basically the only one with many Confessions songs on it. And then does Hung Up on the MDNA tour.

I don't really use any of her live albums. As much as I adore her and still thinks she sounds great most of the time, the appeal of her tours is more visual to me. Her current vocals can be a tad shrill for me to actually listen to the live albums from her recent tours.

I have a radio broadcast version of The Blond Ambition Tour that is my favorite to listen to. Wish she had released official live albums for it, The Girlie Show and Drowned World Tour. 

@Mr.S Are we getting any remixes for the promo singles? :duca: I need a version of I Rise without the horrid intro and a version of Crave without Swae Lee :duca: 

3 hours ago, Burqa said:

wasn't she supposed to perform Beautiful Game? :rip:

no but for some reason you've fallen for every rumour lmao 

3 hours ago, Burqa said:

wasn't she supposed to perform Beautiful Game? :rip:

8 minutes ago, HonourableVomit said:

no but for some reason you've fallen for every rumour lmao 

She did. The speech interlude was from Dark Ballet (BG).  Shazam it. Also it was not a rumor as Dark ballet is in the Eurovision credits

future live mix is such much better than the studio version tbh, i hate it less. 

On 5/18/2019 at 12:29 AM, Swag said:

Hey HIStory is a great album. 

U DAMN RIGHT! it isn't a album of the year grammy nominee for nothing. No respect at all from some people.

She shouldn't have done Future... at all :toofunny3: the LAP arrangement is gorgeous and should've been followed up by either Crave or Dark Ballet in full... even I Rise would've been a better choice than Future.

Her team is literally allowing her to ruin her legacy...

she should’ve  perform La Isla Bonita and Medellin. 

There’s no way she’ll be able to do Stadiums again unless is for a farewell tour. 

I want to believe she chose to perform Future for the greater good of the message it has along with the performance.

But my friends agree as well, this song isn't good. Catchy, but not good..

She shouldn't have given up on Medellin. A masterpiece

This entire roll-out started off so promising, what were they thinking having her perform Future, an urban/reggae influenced song, at Eurovision of all places? :rip:

Let's just make peace with the fact that this album is not going to be good. At this point, I don't see what can save it. It's hard to believe she's saving the best because she already released 4 songs and each one has been worse and worse.

Hopefully she can recover from it in some time. But even if she does not - we will still have that awesome legacy and the revolutonary and iconic albums we can go back to. 

Y'all need to sit down. 

Most of the best songs on Hard Candy, MDNA, and Rebel Heart were the album tracks that were never even released as promo tracks. 

Y'all doing the MOST. 

#GoneGoneGone

1 hour ago, killer_rose said:

Let's just make peace with the fact that this album is not going to be good. At this point, I don't see what can save it. It's hard to believe she's saving the best because she already released 4 songs and each one has been worse and worse.

Hopefully she can recover from it in some time. But even if she does not - we will still have that awesome legacy and the revolutonary and iconic albums we can go back to. 

The drama when there are still 15 tracks to be released, videos, performances and tour :dies:

OT: the good news about the lackluster Future reception is that Crave should be the main focus of promotion as a single. 

the way social media, and internet in general makes it so hard to enjoy everything. seriously 

19 minutes ago, T.O.A.D.S. said:

Y’all are so depressing.

Do you want us to lie? I love Madonna and will always.. but come on.. this is literally ruining her legacy. Every time she does bad now it’s what they remember. She’s been getting dragged for bad music almost a decade now... her TEAM is depressing. 

8 hours ago, KimmyBella said:

Her team is literally allowing her to ruin her legacy...

she should’ve  perform La Isla Bonita and Medellin. 

There’s no way she’ll be able to do Stadiums again unless is for a farewell tour. 

a concept! she would have gotten so much praise and the audience wouldn't been dead.

42 minutes ago, God_Donna said:

Do you want us to lie? I love Madonna and will always.. but come on.. this is literally ruining her legacy. Every time she does bad now it’s what they remember. She’s been getting dragged for bad music almost a decade now... her TEAM is depressing. 

Her new music is literally praised though? The ones complaining are the ones who complain about everything. 

Like tiago said, it's hard to enjoy anything with social media giving voices to people who think we have to hear what they say, usually negative stuff and not just about Madonna, about anything.

3 hours ago, killer_rose said:

Your opinion!

I've liked everything so far!:cool:

1 hour ago, God_Donna said:

Ruining her legacy is a tad melodramatic imo. The second she dies (hopefully not anytime soon) all people will remember are her at her best just like they did with Whitney, MJ, etc. Like the media even lowkey dragged Aretha when she released that Adele cover.

Idk the performances are meh (not as bad as some are saying), but I like what we’ve got from the album so far more than I liked the tracks leading up to her last 3 albums.