Tinashe was way too far ahead of her time.

17 posts in this topic

Fenty The Great

If her album Aquarius literally dropped TODAY it would be current af.

The world was sadly not ready for her in 2014. Poor girl.

Goofy

and it still would've flopped since they marketed her as a basic urban party girl and no one's interested in checking such girls' albums out. Yet the album was flawless and one of the best debuts in recent times.

Fenty The Great
6 minutes ago, Joey Coco said:

A song like this in 2017. :fan:

Just now, Kang. said:

I'm obviously talking about her debut. Don't act stupid.

Truth Teller

Half of it, yes. Cold Sweat and How Many Times still sound fresh and single worthy. Should have been singles at the time.

The pop side of Aquarius has predictably aged like cheese, though. Vegas, All Hands On Deck. Wildfire and Watch Me Work are unlistenable

Kang.
4 minutes ago, Fenty The Great said:

I'm obviously talking about her debut. Don't act stupid.

not acting stupid i'm just being playful. i agree with @Goofy, i think her marketing problems would have persisted in any climate unfortunately. don't see many similar artists smashing in 2019. her best hope would have been a way different album rollout. at least she got the tasteful pop fans in her corner. it's a mostly great album

EthaneFenty

its because NONE of her material got a proper push, 2 On couldve ended up being a HUGE WW hit that propelled her career if her label had been smart but instead it was just a average hit

collin
6 minutes ago, Truth Teller said:

Half of it, yes. Cold Sweat and How Many Times still sound fresh and single worthy. Should have been singles at the time.

The pop side of Aquarius has predictably aged like cheese, though. Vegas, All Hands On Deck and Wildfire are unlistenable

Vegas hasn’t aged a day but the other two I guess I will give you. 

Nightride is really a masterpiece too.

St. Francis
38 minutes ago, Joey Coco said:

A song like this in 2017. :fan:

32 minutes ago, Kang. said:

Lets forget that these were ever released.

costlyxo

Omg I forgot it's been 2 years since Fl*me. It's sad her hype got killed over the course of all the Joyride tragedies. I found out about her after Player so I never really got to see what it was like when she wasn't struggling. She especially seems so disconnected with urban music crowds now and Idk where she'd fit in besides that.