BTS break 24 hour YouTube record with 9 hours to spare

hellocory

Thinking Of You
7 minutes ago, hellocory said:

They literally sold out Citi Field back in October. And are playing Soldier Field x2, Met Life x2 and the Rose Bowl next month :ahh: 

But can’t even get a stable hit :ahh:

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Inverted

• hellocory

• Thinking Of You

• Lady Bird

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Pinter said:

US can stay with their urban/hiphop

What? Aren't a lot of these Kpop acts majorly influenced by american hip hop? :ahh: 

Edited by Mezter

Just now, Thinking Of You said:

But can’t even get a stable hit :ahh:

They sing in a different ****ing language :rip: a language that less than 5% of Americans speak 

12 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

Stadiums where, babygirl? Not in America. 

Um... yes. Not your fave though. :rip:

Thinking Of You
1 minute ago, hellocory said:

They sing in a different ****ing language :rip: a language that less than 5% of Americans speak 

Despacito made it perfectly fine. What’s their excuse? :toofunny3:

Thinking Of You
2 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Um... yes. Not your fave though. :rip:

And who’s my “fave” babygirl? 

Just now, Thinking Of You said:

Despacito is in Spanish. Spanish is spoken by nearly 50 million people in the US :skull: 

Thinking Of You
Just now, hellocory said:

Despacito is in Spanish. Spanish is spoken by nearly 50 million people in the US :skull: 

But yet they can tour stadiums in the US. It’s not adding up babygirl :rip:

2 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

And who’s my “fave” babygirl? 

You tell me. :celestial:

1 minute ago, Thinking Of You said:

But yet they can tour stadiums in the US. It’s not adding up babygirl :rip:

Yes? Their last album sold 300k+ pure and they sell out stadiums in major cities. What is hard to understand about that?

Thinking Of You
Just now, hellocory said:

Yes? Their last album sold 300k+ pure and they sell out stadiums in major cities. What is hard to understand about that?

Why do they not have any hits but can “sell out” stadiums in the States. Why aren’t they charting well with this “American fan base” supporting them? 

Why do they not have any hits but can “sell out” stadiums in the States. 

Ask the people that bought their tickets. 

Why do they not have any hits but can “sell out” stadiums in the States. Why aren’t they charting well with this “American fan base” supporting them? 

Their last 2 albums went #1 :skull: Do you have any idea how the Korean music model works? They drop a single the same day as the album, promote that single only for a very short while, and then the era is over. Their last 2 leads charted at #10 and #11. BWL will go top 10 too. 

They sell out stadiums/large arenas in every country. I don’t know why you’re so mad about it. 

1 hour ago, Inverted said:

And Paula Abdul has consecutive #1s and other Top 5 hits. How is that relevant? He can't get a hit anymore and is definitely not selling out stadiums and breaking streaming records. :celestial:

Lmao I don't even stan for him but you're so embarrassing, he literally just had a hit last year :rip: 

And this has nothing to do with the post I quoted anyway, you said he can't get a hit without Ariana when he's scored multiple hits, including 3 #1s, that were bigger than Love Me Harder.  Make it make sense.:rip: 

And BTS is actually a better comparison to Paula Abdul since they will be a fad just like her and every other boyband before them. Just lol if you think they'll have any longevity outside Korea but enjoy it while it lasts.

Thinking Of You
8 minutes ago, hellocory said:

Their last 2 albums went #1 :skull: Do you have any idea how the Korean music model works? They drop a single the same day as the album, promote that single only for a very short while, and then the era is over. Their last 2 leads charted at #10 and #11. BWL will go top 10 too. 

They sell out stadiums/large arenas in every country. I don’t know why you’re so mad about it. 

And it never sticks. Mess. 

9 minutes ago, YungRapunxeI said:

Ask the people that bought their tickets. 

How will I know which ones are bots or real?

2 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

How will I know which ones are bots or real?

You’re really losing it shshshsh :bibliahh:they can SELL OUT and CHART all over the world. That’s a fact, and the way you are trying to discredit that to somehow have an argument makes you look neurotic.  

4 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

And it never sticks. Mess. 

They never do extensive promo in the US? They’re here for a week and then leave and abandon the single/album :skull: BTS are breaking down barriers and are doing what no other Asian act has done before. 

Thinking Of You
1 minute ago, YungRapunxeI said:

makes you look neurotic.  

But what do you look like oS2xBfn.gif

Thinking Of You
3 minutes ago, hellocory said:

They never do extensive promo in the US? They’re here for a week and then leave and abandon the single/album

You don’t have to promote to get a hit in the streaming era...

15 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

Lmao I don't even stan for him but you're so embarrassing, he literally just had a hit last year :rip: 

And this has nothing to do with the post I quoted anyway, you said he can't get a hit without Ariana when he's scored multiple hits, including 3 #1s, that were bigger than Love Me Harder.  Make it make sense.:rip: 

And BTS is actually a better comparison to Paula Abdul since they will be a fad just like her and every other boyband before them. Just lol if you think they'll have any longevity outside Korea but enjoy it while it lasts.

They've only grown bigger and bigger globally every year so your point is moot. Moreover, they don't need to big outside South Korea to have success (and clearly they still will as evidence of their continuing growth).

As for Weekender, I only mentioned him and Ariana because thays the only song I remember other than the Daft Funk song. It's amusing how you're defending his success and then calling BTS and Paula Abdul gass when the latter has had much more success than Weekender. Bragging about 3 #1s when Paula had 6. :rip:

3 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

You don’t have to promote to get a hit in the streaming era...

You do when you’re a relatively new act unless your song is a meme :sorry: 

29 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

And that’s what I thought :fan:

So you can't name her because she can't sell stadiums like BTS can. :oh:

35 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

Despacito was a one off with a Spanglish version featuring a big name North American artist. Not to mention there are 50 million Soanish speakers in the US and most Spanish language still don't make mainstream hits.

Try again.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.