Jump to content

Lauren Jauregui signs to RECORDS Co

43 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Gavin Stenhouse
3 minutes ago, Blue. said:

Who would have said that she would be the first one to “downsize” :rip: 

What do you mean downsize? This is a good move that she should have made earlier because joining these smaller labels/management teams means that they get more focus and priority. And that's exactly what Normani and Ally did and that's why they're doing better compared to Lauren and Dinah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hidden

She needs to be more humble and less of a miss know it all about politics and world issues. Her voice is magnificent and her songwriting is great based on Expectations but her personality throws me off a fkn lot. She still needs to connect with non fans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rihannabiggestfan
5 minutes ago, Blue. said:

Who would have said that she would be the first one to “downsize” :rip: 

She may pull a Daya and benefit from a smaller label [like Daya's Artbeatz] dedicating 100% attention to her :cm:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gavin Stenhouse
6 minutes ago, Hidden said:

She needs to be more humble and less of a miss know it all about politics and world issues. Her voice is magnificent and her songwriting is great based on Expectations but her personality throws me off a fkn lot. She still needs to connect with non fans

I think she's misinterpreted a lot by non stans and maybe she needs to work on that. I see her as being unafraid and someone who speaks her mind and stands up for people, and not many of these other pop girls do that. And she was portrayed as the bitch of 5H but that's really not true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GabrielLavigne
13 minutes ago, Gavin Stenhouse said:

What do you mean downsize? This is a good move that she should have made earlier because joining these smaller labels/management teams means that they get more focus and priority. And that's exactly what Normani and Ally did and that's why they're doing better compared to Lauren and Dinah.

Ally and Normani are yetto land a solo single in the hot 100 so define “doing better” lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mtjjproducer
12 minutes ago, Gavin Stenhouse said:

What do you mean downsize? This is a good move that she should have made earlier because joining these smaller labels/management teams means that they get more focus and priority. And that's exactly what Normani and Ally did and that's why they're doing better compared to Lauren and Dinah.

Isn’t ally signed by Atlantic and Dinah signed by a brand new label with no major releases yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xH4RMONYx
6 minutes ago, GabrielLavigne said:

Ally and Normani are yetto land a solo single in the hot 100 so define “doing better” lol

 

6 minutes ago, GabrielLavigne said:

Ally and Normani are yetto land a solo single in the hot 100 so define “doing better” lol

Performing at the BBMAS twice, being nominated for BBMAS, back to back radio hits, #1 pop radio, global certs thats major success whether its solo or not her name is on there and seen by millions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beyonnaise

That's great, Columbia were just giving her the Lennon Stella treatment by not sending songs to radio and hoping one would stick from a couple playlists. Hopefully this other label gives her the attention she needs to she can fully launch. She just needs that one song that clicks with a solid push. The guy seems to understand that she has strong global potential, she's already big in South America.

 

27 minutes ago, Istan4R said:

So was she dropped?

No, it's the same thing as Beyonce being on Parkwood along with Columbia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
selfmadelatino
28 minutes ago, Mtjjproducer said:

Isn’t ally signed by Atlantic and Dinah signed by a brand new label with no major releases yet

Ally is with Atlantic/Latium and Dinah is with HitCo who just signed Jlo and released her new single Medicine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shelven

Very smart move going the Normani and Ally route of working with a small label under the support of a larger label. They’ll actually give her attention and maybe push her songs as opposed to completely ignoring her like Columbia was doing :toofunny2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HazelHyphen
1 hour ago, Gavin Stenhouse said:

I think she's misinterpreted a lot by non stans and maybe she needs to work on that. I see her as being unafraid and someone who speaks her mind and stands up for people, and not many of these other pop girls do that. And she was portrayed as the bitch of 5H but that's really not true.

Basically she’s the Demi Lovato of this group

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
britkneepopboi

horrible move :skull: 

this the same record label that signed Noah Cyrus (released a string of flop singles, shelved album) and Dev (released one flop single - DROPPED.) 

let's see if she has better luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pinter
Just now, britkneepopboi said:

horrible move :skull: 

this the same record label that signed Noah Cyrus (released a string of flop singles, shelved album) and Dev (released one flop single - DROPPED.) 

let's see if she has better luck.

Ouch! Poor her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kayliah
1 hour ago, xH4RMONYx said:

 

Performing at the BBMAS twice, being nominated for BBMAS, back to back radio hits, #1 pop radio, global certs thats major success whether its solo or not her name is on there and seen by millions.

Yes sure honey . When u can't get hits by yourself and need to constantly jump onto a a household name artist u are not doing better... right now only camilla made it they say the first artist to get out of the group becomes the star justin T , geri halliwell, camilla ...nick jonas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xH4RMONYx
29 minutes ago, kayliah said:

Yes sure honey . When u can't get hits by yourself and need to constantly jump onto a a household name artist u are not doing better... right now only camilla made it they say the first artist to get out of the group becomes the star justin T , geri halliwell, camilla ...nick jonas

Normani keeps u pressed talent won, Normani is charting your is not deal with it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
undermyskin
18 minutes ago, liberalmusiclover said:

She’s only good looking. No real talent beyond that. 

Girl, Maroon 5 is in your sig. Haven't they been releasing the same song since 2012? Please take yourself elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gavin Stenhouse
1 hour ago, Harranger said:

She sure was dropped by Columbia lmao

 

Good luck on your new attempt sis :heart2:

Can you not read? She's still with Columbia, she's cosigned with this smaller label.

 

1 hour ago, britkneepopboi said:

horrible move :skull: 

this the same record label that signed Noah Cyrus (released a string of flop singles, shelved album) and Dev (released one flop single - DROPPED.) 

let's see if she has better luck.

I have hope. Regardless, she'll do better compared to her experience right now.

 

40 minutes ago, liberalmusiclover said:

She’s only good looking. No real talent beyond that. 

Erm she has the best voice in the group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites