Last Gaga single that was a hit in your country?

253 posts in this topic

Theus
On 4/11/2019 at 8:06 PM, Lady Claire said:

Judas was the biggest single from the BTW era here in Brazil. It was #1 for 16 weeks and also #1 on the year-end chart of the biggest radio station at the time.

I still hear at clubs often too... it was massive. One would think it was #1 on Hot 100 for 10 weeks :skull:

Shallow was also massive.

I always read about Judas being number one for 16 weeks here but there is no data to back this up. It comes across as true as the one Mariah holds it. Even in the wiki page it states it peaked at 2. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judas_(Lady_Gaga_song)

Born This Way is one the best selling album this decade here but I don't think this record is true at all for "Judas" considering our Billboard charts were monthly instead of weekly as well.

Theus

And yeah, "Shallow" is a hit here on streaming at least. Brazil is more of an though market to break than y'all think for foreign artists. Other than Gaga the only pop girls that had major success in the past two years here are Ariana, Camila, Dua and Taylor (album shipped gold, Look is diamond and other singles from the album went platinum). 

It is even harder to have an foreign song being top ten on major radio charts.

Buzzcut

my flop ass country: the edge of glory :biblio:

that was the last "hit" song from Gaga that even the straights probably know the lyrics by heart. Heard million reasons playing on a gay parlor tho the other day

Aram
On 4/14/2019 at 6:17 PM, Alongoria13 said:

I'm inclined to say Shallow but there's not official chart in Mexico :rip:

I'd say Los 40 chart or even Exametro are really good to know which song was a hit 

Losing my ground
On 4/11/2019 at 7:30 PM, ReH2o said:

born this way

shallow was a non event in latinoamerica

The delusion. It was a Top 40 hit in Argentina, which is one of the most local industries in Latin America (there are like 5-10 English songs in the Hot 100 per week, at most, and usually a single one in the Top 40).

Prior to that, Million Reasons which was BIG and they even made an unofficial Spanish version of it (which was even sang in The Voice).

Other Gaga hits after Born This Way: Judas, The Edge of Glory, Applause, Do What U Want. So you tried. 

butterflysupreme

Shallow. Before that, The Cure and DWUW

butterflysupreme

butterflysupreme

Selena’s Bad Liar
On 4/14/2019 at 7:18 PM, Theus said:

And yeah, "Shallow" is a hit here on streaming at least. Brazil is more of an though market to break than y'all think for foreign artists. Other than Gaga the only pop girls that had major success in the past two years here are Ariana, Camila, Dua and Taylor (album shipped gold, Look is diamond and other singles from the album went platinum). 

It is even harder to have an foreign song being top ten on major radio charts.

Demi is the biggest there in Brazil

Starfire

shallow was a hit in france! she's really above some of her older peers!

ezgif-4-3b3df13b91.thumb.gif.6df9e500cd87962dd47d962b783271a3.gif

Cherry123
5 minutes ago, TipToe said:

The discostick sing

Shallow?

TipToe
1 minute ago, Cherry123 said:

Shallow?

No, the one that is fun to listen to