The Handmaid's Tale: Season 3 l June 5

505 posts in this topic

taylamour

I went to filming yesterday (I don't wanna get gooped by Hulu so this is all I *took*)

Black Beauty
11 hours ago, taylamour said:

I went to filming yesterday (I don't wanna get gooped by Hulu so this is all I *took*)

Wait, that's crazy! They were actually filming in DC?! I bet Trump loved that... or maybe that's why he went to Mar-o-lago or whatever the hell it is.

That was YESTERDAY? I guess they've been shooting in DC for a few weeks at least with their Super Bowl trailer with almost that same shot. This makes me so ready for season three; thank you for posting these! How was it being there?

taylamour
18 hours ago, Black Beauty said:

Wait, that's crazy! They were actually filming in DC?! I bet Trump loved that... or maybe that's why he went to Mar-o-lago or whatever the hell it is.

That was YESTERDAY? I guess they've been shooting in DC for a few weeks at least with their Super Bowl trailer with almost that same shot. This makes me so ready for season three; thank you for posting these! How was it being there?

I think they ended up putting some CGI together for the Super Bowl trailer since they must've had this scene planned but not filmed. They were only there for the day and wanted to pull together essential shots that needed the location. I think any super spoilery stuff is probably going to be filmed on a closed set, even though the mere fact that

Spoiler

June, Serena, and Fred were present meant that June still ended up back with them AGAIN. Fred and Serena basically went out to say a prayer to all of the handmaids before having a masked June walk down the steps of the memorial to kneel in some sort of trial-fashion. There wasn't much else that happened.

It was cool tho since it was a wide-open set and we were literally up on the steps watching them film from like 10 feet away. When they wrapped, Elisabeth & Yvonne invited all of those who were waiting around over to the side of the steps and filmed the thing I posted (presumably for some BTS ****). 

Bradley
19 hours ago, Black Beauty said:

I feel the same way about those posts by taylamour, I think it's great when they film in real locations. I can't wait!

Thank you @taylamour