Zero Tolerance for Hate Speech Read more... ×

The Handmaid's Tale: Season 3 l June 5

505 posts in this topic

Black Beauty

Season 3 will premiere next April, and the first episode is titled "The Religious Liberty Task Force"

In other news, the composer for the show's score releases TONS of music from the show on his Soundcloud: 

toanythingtaboo
On 26/07/2018 at 0:52 AM, KylieistBoi said:

So I finished season 2 a few days ago, gave myself time to settle down and 

source.gif

I feel like I loved the season overall, despite being disappointed in some choices the writers made. 

Most of Serena's character arc was the most interesting part of this season, and she had such a great growth up until the rape episode, they destroyed all her growth with that. Honestly, it felt like one of the writers came up with that idea before they completed her growth arc and stuck on that idea even after her growth so they had no chance but to use it :rip: 

It also felt like the writers didn't know what to do with the characters, especially June, and sloppily write stories for them. 

I feel like the producers are meddling a lot with what happens on the show and it is felt. Emily could realistically kill Aunt Lydia in that time but they were not brave enough to do that. Talking about Aunt Lydia, she is too much up in Waterfords' business for her own sake. I wish we could see her interact more with other Aunts and a backstory episode would have been incredible. But her interacting with the core cast this much feels like how sitcoms create situations that don't make any sense to have their main cast interact with each other. It is so forced and at times it feels like a parody. 

I wish we had gotten to know Bradley Whitford's character more before Emily escaped. He is such a contrast to Fred, I just want to learn more about him and the reasons behind his actions. 

They should do some individual episodes for the supporting cast. As I said a backstory episode for Aunt Lydia would be incredible. We should get to know Janine more too. And Emily should be featured more and more.

I know this is June's story but I feel like we need to see more perspectives. Elisabeth Moss is a great actress but there is only so many ways she can act sad, confused, disappointed, angry, and sad again with the excessive amounts of close-ups she has. 

source.gif

Re: Serena, I would argue that the rape scene was an integral part in solidifying her character development. She lashed out to regain control, but immediately felt remorse. You could see her realising what she'd done, but she was still so conflicted over what to do about it. It showed she was a complex person who was seriously battling her beliefs.

Serena is hands-down the most interesting character for me. Her role in creating Gilead, her submission to the cause, her primal desire to have children clouding her judgement, her evil traits, her kind traits, her turmoil over what she knows deep down is right and wrong, her sacrifice, et al. And I'm sure they'll continue fleshing her out next season. It'll be too easy and unrealistic for her to simply switch sides with no bad moves.

Re: Lydia, I agree. I feel like she realistically would have died and it basically read as a B-plot season finale cliffhanger where they won't have her die because her character still serves a purpose. i.e. They want her to have a redemption story too, or they simply want a solid villain because they haven't established a replacement for her yet. I'd prefer it if the first episode of season 3 had Lydia in a coma and we see her background, revealing why she is what she is and how she got there...only to have her fade away unceremoniously and bittersweetly. Or it turns out she's the leader of the rebellion and has acted so evilly in order to cover herself.

ArianadelRey

Just started watching S2. The first episode was so ****ing intense:jonny2:

Elisabeth is such a good actress, ugh

Navyofbadgals

just saw it all and that ending :foot:

excited to see what'll happen next season tho, it's obvious Commander Lawrence is gonna play a bigger part in it and I'm somewhat curious to see how they're gonna explain his house situation mixed in with him being like an Oppenheimer n

Drama

Omg I’m just catching up on this show and BITCHHHHHHH the lashings gave Serena when she wouldn’t open the door to let her see her daughter. 

Zolvnski

So I just binged this show and Season 2 is better than 1 imo

I honestly Stan Serena Joy, like Yvonne is a stellar actress she really made me root for Serena. Her decisions about sticking with Gilead’s beliefs contrasting her personal right beliefs. I’m excited to where she’s heading in Season 3, I hope she master plans an attack. 

June is great and I’m just shook at how she decides to stay and give Nicole to Emily! (Biggest wtf moment) but I’m still intrigued with how she’s going to go with this, maybe stay at Commander Lawrence’s house or something because I doubt her going back to Fred’s. I’m ready for next year to debut & snatch!

fridayteenage

Whitford is a regular next season. https://deadline.com/2018/10/bradley-whitford-returns-to-handmaids-tale-as-series-regular-books-2-movies-1202476808/

Which a) yay, someone who can reach the levels of the actresses. But also

b) weird, given how the season ended.

If we got him as a commander main character, maybe Waterford can go away.

CosTaSsSs

She better start escaping this time and no stay behind.. I'm tired of her sacrificing-ass bitch. 

Chileno

Not me binge watching season 1 and 2 back to back and enjoying literally every episode and the show becoming one of my all time favs... only to see all the complains here

tenor.gif

Queen V

Disappointed that Handmaid's Tale didn't get a GG tonight, the show deserved it, through Serena or June, or both.

HungarianMusicBoy

few seconds snippet from the trailer is available on the official FB page, during the Super Bowl (maybe) the full version will come to slay our body. YAAS

CosTaSsSs

Let them final start riots, because I will not stand another season trying to escape and then getting caught or sacrificing her freedom. 

midnightdawn

Yeah I hope the writers got the message last season that we're not here for them to drag it out, they need to keep the plot moving. Season 2 was amazing tv until like the 4th episode when she went back to the waterfords and it went flat.

Hilly

Im excited but I need June to move further 

BODERLINE

The imagery with the Washington Monument being turned into a cross is so ****ing dope. I can't wait for this season ugh. :jonny: 

BOAZ
9 minutes ago, Maddox said:

June pic is MY effing reaction rn!!

fridayteenage

June in June.

It makes sense anyway; the 1st season ended 6/14 and the 2nd season 7/11 - like just over half the episodes were in the regular eligibility period.

Poe Dameron

I just finished season 2 and that ending made me so mad