119 posts in this topic

On 4/16/2019 at 9:20 PM, Funhouse said:

The Philodendron Billietiae I ordered from Thailand a while ago finally arrived! :party:

The package had been lost in the mail for weeks and I honestly never expected it would still come. She looks a little rough but I think she will make it!

vXiygHH.jpg

ahh i love Billietiae, i been in contact with tropicaflora.nl for two month now trying to buy one from him. he's taking forever, super annoying.

just got a ring of fire from replant btw! SO happy. it hasn't arrived yet though. i got the 45 euro one. not really sure how big it is cause everything went so fast, i didn't really have time to inspect the pictures and now that the plant is sold the pictures have been taken down. how much did you pay for yours?

i also recently got anthurium jungle king, anthurium clarinervium and monstera karstenianum :alexz3:

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, levi_valvi said:

ahh i love Billietiae, i been in contact with tropicaflora.nl for two month now trying to buy one from him. he's taking forever, super annoying.

just got a ring of fire from replant btw! SO happy. it hasn't arrived yet though. i got the 45 euro one. not really sure how big it is cause everything went so fast, i didn't really have time to inspect the pictures and now that the plant is sold the pictures have been taken down. how much did you pay for yours?

i also recently got anthurium jungle king, anthurium clarinervium and monstera karstenianum :alexz3:

I'm pretty sure I got my Billietiae from the same seller where tropicaflora buys from and it also took a long time to get here. Dutch post is just awful when it comes to packages from outside the EU and they pretty much always go missing for a few weeks, which is why mine was in such a bad state. It might take even longer to buy through tropicaflora, but I assume you'll get a healthier plant in the end. I've never bought from them, but I can't imagine them selling a plant in the state mine was in when it came directly from Thailand. I've talked about this issue with the owners of Replant before and they've had issues with their orders from Thailand just disappearing for a few weeks as soon as they arrive in The Netherlands as well.

I'm pretty sure I paid 25 for my ROF but it's a pretty small plant. You'll probably get a good size!

I did also buy this beauty. :alexz3:

O5j8vbS.jpg

1 hour ago, Funhouse said:

I'm pretty sure I got my Billietiae from the same seller where tropicaflora buys from and it also took a long time to get here. Dutch post is just awful when it comes to packages from outside the EU and they pretty much always go missing for a few weeks, which is why mine was in such a bad state. It might take even longer to buy through tropicaflora, but I assume you'll get a healthier plant in the end. I've never bought from them, but I can't imagine them selling a plant in the state mine was in when it came directly from Thailand. I've talked about this issue with the owners of Replant before and they've had issues with their orders from Thailand just disappearing for a few weeks as soon as they arrive in The Netherlands as well.

I'm pretty sure I paid 25 for my ROF but it's a pretty small plant. You'll probably get a good size!

Wait you cut off the middle man :soda: 

how does that work? It is a lot cheaper?

54 minutes ago, Funhouse said:

I did also buy this beauty. :alexz3:

O5j8vbS.jpg

Gorgeous, monsteras are really growing on me late. Such an odd family. Is it pinnatipartita? And what adansonii is it? It looks full of holes and gorgeous 

3 minutes ago, levi_valvi said:

Wait you cut off the middle man :soda: 

how does that work? It is a lot cheaper?

Gorgeous, monsteras are really growing on me late. Such an odd family. Is it pinnatipartita? And what adansonii is it? It looks full of holes and gorgeous 

Yeah, check out https://aseanplantexport.com/index.php?route=common/home! I've done two orders from there and I've had mixed results, but I'm mostly blaming Dutch mail for the first one not coming though correctly. They do ship out their orders very quickly so it's really not their fault if it goes wrong once they reach Europe. The guy who runs it is originally from Belgium and they ship to Europe all the time, so you might have more luck with the mail in Denmark.

It is a Pinnatipartita! I'm not sure what the adansonii is exactly, it's a cutting from a plant I got a few years ago when it was still being sold as a ~new type of monstera called obliqua (which we now know isn't true) and it has always looked like that.

12 minutes ago, Funhouse said:

Yeah, check out https://aseanplantexport.com/index.php?route=common/home! I've done two orders from there and I've had mixed results, but I'm mostly blaming Dutch mail for the first one not coming though correctly. They do ship out their orders very quickly so it's really not their fault if it goes wrong once they reach Europe. The guy who runs it is originally from Belgium and they ship to Europe all the time, so you might have more luck with the mail in Denmark.

It is a Pinnatipartita! I'm not sure what the adansonii is exactly, it's a cutting from a plant I got a few years ago when it was still being sold as a ~new type of monstera called obliqua (which we now know isn't true) and it has always looked like that.

Omg it's so cheap :jonny5:

and they have a good philodendron selection and a great monstera collection :jonny5:

thank you so much sis

Btw @Funhouse is shipping expensive and complicated since it's all the way from Thailand?

3 minutes ago, levi_valvi said:

Btw @Funhouse is shipping expensive and complicated since it's all the way from Thailand?

Shipping can be a little pricey but it's based on weight, so it's actually better to only buy one plant at a time. You can get an estimated shipping cost if you add something to your cart, go to 'view your cart' and add your location details. 

The only thing that might be a little more complicated is the option to buy full documentation, which can help in case the package gets held back by customs. This isn't something you absolutely have to do (especially in the EU) but it can give you some more security. I chose not to get the documentation last time and I had no problems though, it's all packaged very discreetly.

Not sure if there are additional challenges for Denmark, but the only thing different for me compared to ordering locally was shipping time. I'd suggest starting with something cheap if you want to try it out though.

this is me in like 10 yrs so yes, i have plants. a LOT of plants.

thank god i have a huge yard so people dont notice is an obession at this point. i hoard them. i need them... every time i buy them i feel like, i'm helping the planet (more oxygen production and stuff)

me in 10 yrs;

plants in croatia (also flowers) are super cheap. u can buy 1 for like less than a euro and i tend to spend up to 20 euros per ...shopping session so u do the math :D

also, is it just me or someone here likes to talk to plants when they water them or do anything around them?

(Just checking im not crazy af)

12 minutes ago, Funhouse said:

Shipping can be a little pricey but it's based on weight, so it's actually better to only buy one plant at a time. You can get an estimated shipping cost if you add something to your cart, go to 'view your cart' and add your location details. 

The only thing that might be a little more complicated is the option to buy full documentation, which can help in case the package gets held back by customs. This isn't something you absolutely have to do (especially in the EU) but it can give you some more security. I chose not to get the documentation last time and I had no problems though, it's all packaged very discreetly.

Not sure if there are additional challenges for Denmark, but the only thing different for me compared to ordering locally was shipping time. I'd suggest starting with something cheap if you want to try it out though.

Thanks! So the shipping isn't even that expensive. I kinda like that it's by weight and not a set price regardless of the amount of plants.

6 minutes ago, Funhouse said:

@levi_valvi you might want to read through https://aseanplantexport.com/shopping-guide as well

Ah okay. "However the package will not be marked to contain plants and shipped as gift. That way, we know that over 90% arrives safe with no problems.." 

makes sense. Will totally give it a go 

4 minutes ago, Grumpy Cat said:

also, is it just me or someone here likes to talk to plants when they water them or do anything around them?

(Just checking im not crazy af)

I lot of people do that yeah :) 

I don't personally do it though 

12 minutes ago, levi_valvi said:

ooh so im ok, thanks

its just...people collect so many diff things but my weakest, weakest spot is plants....

my dad wont let me plant these and i ADORE pink-blue combination;

P7162426-620x330.jpg

(like...its too messy, too big, why would u need it.... DAD, i love them. idgaf they are ''graveyard flowers'' roses are too and i have over 30 bushes so...)

( i have a very very huge yard and a part of the forest so snakes tend to come around)

4 minutes ago, Grumpy Cat said:

ooh so im ok, thanks

its just...people collect so many diff things but my weakest, weakest spot is plants....

my dad wont let me plant these and i ADORE pink-blue combination;

P7162426-620x330.jpg

(like...its too messy, too big, why would u need it.... DAD, i love them. idgaf they are ''graveyard flowers'' roses are too and i have over 30 bushes so...)

( i have a very very huge yard and a part of the forest so snakes tend to come around)

rhododendron are amazing :jonny5:

they're everywhere here in denmark, i love it. my 2nd fave outdoor plant after roses :smitten: 

22 minutes ago, levi_valvi said:

how many species do u own?

i cant count...im trying,, cant... as i said, thank god i have a very very huge yard so people dont notice its an obsession :D

1 minute ago, levi_valvi said:

rhododendron are amazing :jonny5:

they're everywhere here in denmark, i love it. my 2nd fave outdoor plant after roses :smitten: 

omg I ADORE roses!!!! and those oldschool roses, not the new sorts....i have one that LITERALLY smells like honey and you can smell it 50 meters away. its huge and it never gets sick (unlike the new sorts people buy in stores), lemme upload

FdFO8ZJ.jpg

i let it grow up to my balcony...let her Long Live.mp3

i was sad last week so this happened :D

A2KWIpk.jpg

SmyrVbW.jpg