July Town Hall Thread Read more... ×

120 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

I'm a fckng plant lover. I'm building my garden right now and it's so pleasing to see the results. 

I don't know if anyone could help me, but I have a little problem with my Desert Rose. After I cut some of it, it isn't growing back at all. It was supposed to grow back after 15 days. But it's been 2months now. I don't know what happened. The other one I cut at the same day is already filled with flowers. 

How deep did you cut it? Is it still alive? 

5 minutes ago, Vrx. said:

Oh I just have an obsession. I got rid of dining furniture to dedicate a new space for my plants :jonny6:

Just care for them and read a lot! 

Sis :jonny: 

36 minutes ago, Vrx. said:

How deep did you cut it? Is it still alive? 

It seems to be alive cause inside of it its still perfectly white. But I think it's dormant. I didnt really cut it that deep. Just the tips. 

38 minutes ago, Cantaloupe. said:

Sis :jonny: 

Plants > people 

Plus I rarely have visitors anyways and eat at my breakfast bar lol

4 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

It seems to be alive cause inside of it its still perfectly white. But I think it's dormant. I didnt really cut it that deep. Just the tips. 

Probably. Maybe it just overstressed itself. Each plant is different. Has it grown any? If not, it probably is dormant and trying to repair itself because it thinks that there’s some major event happening to it 

my people! 

@Funhouse the ring of fire :jonny5:

been wanting to get one for so long but they are so hard to find + expensive. been close to getting one from replant but they sold out before i was able to place my order :biblio:

anyways, i stan aroids! mostly philodendrons though, but i like alocasias a lot too.

i have a few peperomias as well, i kinda stan but not that hard.

i like my tradescantia a lot too, i find them really underrated. like yeah they're cheap etc but so what, they grow super fast, super easy to take care of and a lot of them have gorgeous colors.

i used to be an OHH (obsessed hoya hater) but they've actually grown on me a lot. now i'm an OCH (obsessed calathea hater), like yeah they're really pretty but they're way to hard to maintain for the average person (their water + fumidity requirements etc) so WHY do all the plant shops keep pushing them on people?? sell people something they can actually keep and get a good experience with! :fish2:

Calatheas are the root of all evil basically, they're the reason why houseplants have a rep for being a lot of work and why some people don't even dare giving houseplants a go

5 minutes ago, levi_valvi said:

my people! 

@Funhouse the ring of fire :jonny5:

been wanting to get one for so long but they are so hard to find + expensive. been close to getting one from replant but they sold out before i was able to place my order :biblio:

I got mine at the replant sale 2 months ago so I'm sorry for snatching your order :gaycat4: 

oh just to add to the other post, i think orchids also add to the general narrative among peope that houseplants are just too challenging to keep. kinda hate them for that too

1 minute ago, Funhouse said:

I got mine at the replant sale 2 months ago so I'm sorry for snatching your order :gaycat4: 

:fish2:

i was buying with my bf who also stans plants and we were making such a big order that all the items got snatched before we were able to place it. i was kinda fuming at him cause he took forever to decide on a florida beauty (they had a few different)

the site is a mess btw, i'm palpitating every time i try to order from them

:fish2:

i was buying with my bf who also stans plants and we were making such a big order that all the items got snatched before we were able to place it. i was kinda fuming at him cause he took forever to decide on a florida beauty (they had a few different)

the site is a mess btw, i'm palpitating every time i try to order from them

It's so stressful! :toofunny3:

I'm sitting there at 9pm refreshing and trying to take everything in while deciding how much money I'm willing to spend while the pictures aren't even loading at all, I've missed out on so many plants!

@Vrx. if you just want the albo variegated monstera that should be easu enough to find. i see them all the time at my local plant shops. if you want the thai constellation you're gonna have to go online and find it. it's way prettier imo ofc that's a taste thing so.

anyways pretty sure they have it here: https://www.tropicaflora.nl/shop/monstera-deliciosa-thai-constellation/ 

but you can find it many places online. it's not really that expensive i think

she talks briefly about the difference:

I ****ing love plants and would like to have my entire house filled with them but they somehow always die even though I give them water once a week like prescribed.

44 minutes ago, Cain said:

I ****ing love plants and would like to have my entire house filled with them but they somehow always die even though I give them water once a week like prescribed.

you are most likely overwatering. you need to feel your plants to know when it needs water and only then water. + some plants want to dry out while others don't. and you need to make sure it can get rid of excess water.

there's probably some plants you have more success with than others?

2 minutes ago, Funhouse said:

ahh thanks! kinda cheap too! mess at Prince of orange being the same price :skull:

i actually might get that, thanks!

their other plants are kinda expenssive though and i usually maker bigger orders to save on shipment.

Look what just came in the mail :alexz3:

r52Jo9B.jpg

18 hours ago, Vrx. said:

Get one! Get 10! But what you should do is get 100!

Maybe I’ll start with 2 so they can keep each other company

Plant lover here.

Used to have more than 500 different plants (100+ in my passionflower collection alone) up until a few years ago, when we moved from a house with garden into a flat with a tiny balcony and I had to give up 95% of my collection which sent me into a hefty depressive episode that's still ongoing, but... oh well. :eli:

Now there's only a few succulents, mostly asclepiadoideae left and I can't wait for them to bloom again this summer.

il_794xN.926143197_jh1o.jpgHuernia_zebrina_flower.jpg
(Not my pics, just an example of the succulents)

Looking forward to having a place with more space and maybe even a garden again, cause the local community gardens here are a damn mess. Always thought that gardeners and plant lovers would be more "balanced" and overall friendlier but jesus christ, I'm not gonna get into literal (physical) fights and childish mind games over choices of fertilizers, weeding methods or how I'm gonna build a trellis. :biblio:

Anyway, it's just so rewarding watching a seed grow into a big plant and bloom/fruit. :flower:

4 hours ago, Funhouse said:

r52Jo9B.jpg

what is that? philodendron gold dragon? it's gorgeous!

4 hours ago, Funhouse said:

r52Jo9B.jpg

oh wow oh wow wedecidedtostanforever.jpg

what is this?

26 minutes ago, levi_valvi said:

what is that? philodendron gold dragon? it's gorgeous!

11 minutes ago, karma police said:

oh wow oh wow wedecidedtostanforever.jpg

what is this?

It's a variegated anthurium jenmanii!

1 minute ago, Funhouse said:

It's a variegated anthurium jenmanii!

oh right, the bloom is a dead giveaway that it's an antherium. stunning! where did you buy it from?

oh right, the bloom is a dead giveaway that it's an antherium. stunning! where did you buy it from?

Replant. I wanted to get anthurium veitchii but it was gone before I could pay.

4 minutes ago, Funhouse said:

Replant. I wanted to get anthurium veitchii but it was gone before I could pay.

oh they had that? cool! I kinda forgot about the sell this time, i checked in like an hour later and all the aroids were gone

antherium veitchii is EVERYTHING, ugh i love it so much. there's so many stunning antheriums actually, sadly i don't have any

this is my fave plant, it's not like that rare or anything but it's really big, really pretty with the pattern on the stem and grows fast (currently putting out two new leafs). it's alocasia zebrina btw

Iz5kTGA.jpgqzNViQJ.jpg