Is beyonce authentic?

330 posts in this topic

C0SMIC

is it just me or does it seem like beyonce fans get ripped off the most :rip: ? She promises authenticity yet she's  anything but...
She offers no connection with her fans either through her music or through her socials, barely writes her music...

She charges them for EVERYTHING not even bothering to put up her music on streaming sites, she pre-records/lip synchs way too much even for her own good, consistently touring without new music because she knows her fans will turn up.... In comparison, many pop-stars are relatable to their faves, Gaga writes her own music, communicates hella with her fans, has her music up, even the Army know what they're getting into, Britney doesn't hide that she lip-synchs! beyonce  is treated like a queen yet she's  more like cunning mistress! 

Truth Tella

She fake AF

C0SMIC
3 minutes ago, Truth Tella said:

She fake AF

it honestly seems that way, from her sea of writing camps, to her calculated marriage? Where is beyonce at her most raw, most authentic, vulnerable state?  its probably why shes never won AOTY, IT doesn't feel real 

Scarface

No, why would god be authentic?

ShouldersSideways

I find her to be one of the more authentic celebrities. She minds her own business and pretty much tells us to do the same with regard to her. 

ShouldersSideways
6 minutes ago, C0SMIC said:

it honestly seems that way, from her sea of writing camps, to her calculated marriage? Where is beyonce at her most raw, most authentic, vulnerable state?  its probably why shes never won AOTY, IT doesn't feel real 

Her marriage is not calculated. What she presents to the public that isn't owed any information about her is and that's the way it should be.

You all used to say she wasn't revealing enough and then when she released Lemonade and opened a window into one of the most painful experiences of her life you claim it's inauthentic and contrived. 

ThirdWardBey

Y’all couldn’t wait until the 17th huh :fan:

OT: No, Beyoncé is a THIEF! 

ABeyBraith
8 minutes ago, C0SMIC said:

is it just me or does it seem like beyonce fans get ripped off the most :rip: ? She promises authenticity yet she's  anything but...
She offers no connection with her fans either through her music or through her socials, barely writes her music...

She charges them for EVERYTHING not even bothering to put up her music on streaming sites, she pre-records/lip synchs way too much even for her own good, consistently touring without new music because she knows her fans will turn up.... In comparison, many pop-stars are relatable to their faves, Gaga writes her own music, communicates hella with her fans, has her music up, even the Army know what they're getting into, Britney doesn't hide that she lip-synchs! beyonce  is treated like a queen yet she's  more like cunning mistress! 

Because unlike you entitled weirdos who think you’re owed something despite not being the ones doing any of the hard work, we don’t expect anymore other than what she gives us through her art. We get peeps of her life but we get ALL of her through what we stan her for. Music and performance. For us, that is more than enough. 

As for authenticity, that’s subjective. As a fan and someone who adores Beyoncé, what she has given to me and shown me feels very authentic and true to herself.

Beyoncé isn’t the only star who lip syncs (she’s one of the very few who doesnt lip sync so to avoid sounding a mess but rather to preserve her vocals, can’t be said for a lot your faves) or has help to articulate her thoughts into lyrics but yet is somehow scrutinised more for it. I wonder why that is. 

Your post is just bitter vitriol and I cannot understand why someone you so clearly dislike bothers you so much. Take a nap and focus on your fave x

Planet Mars

Nope, I find her to be very authentic

Her lack of media presence also helps because we get what we need and everything else is just the icing on the cake.

Also, at this point in Beyoncé's career asking the Hive to care about her 'image' is dumb. She's been around since some of your faves were in diapers and has carved out a unique lane for herself. 

She's a legend and deserves all the respect she gets.

So please don't be bothered for us, we good here boo :heart2:

Sincerely, The Hive.

Destiny
15 minutes ago, C0SMIC said:

is it just me

yes it's just you :cm:

Beyonce-Coachella-Performance-GIFs.gif

yonsé
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, C0SMIC said:

girl....you could've kept this dissertation about why you don't like beyoncé.

clearly she's doing something right to have you bothered and to continue to have the amount of fans and power she wields. but since you want to, let's break this down, shall we?

She offers no connection with her fans either through her music or through her socials - FALSE. this is your opinion. i find beyonce's music very relatable. and she gives us glimpses into her personal life. she owes us nothing because she is an artist. and she lets her art speak. beyonce writes music for black women. thats her main audience. if you can't relate, oh well, find someone else.

barely writes her music... - again, FALSE. you been in the studio with her before? the OBHs love to use this as though their faves dont have multiple writers on their songs due to sampling, production, and arrangements. thats how pop music works.

She charges them for EVERYTHING not even bothering to put up her music on streaming sites - what does this even mean? what pop star gives things away for free? y'all praised taylor for snatching her music off of spotify free but beyonce wants to keep ONE ALBUM on tidal, the streaming site with the highest payout. just because you can't stream lemonade on spotify all of a sudden she "charges for everything"? some of us can afford to pay the $15 to purchase an album.

she pre-records/lip synchs way too much even for her own good. - a real vocalist has to preserve their vocals. if shes singing AND dancing every night on tour, its going to take a toll on her voice. look at the greats who lost their voices down the road because of this. if she needs to pre-record a segment in her show because its vocally straining every night then so be it. it's not like she can't sing. she has proven that time and time again.

consistently touring without new music because she knows her fans will turn up - not every artist needs to release new music to put on a good show. Beychella is evidence of this. There was nothing new in it and yet its her most critically acclaimed performance to date. She changes up her staging, her arrangements, and her choreography with each show. 

next time just say you don't care for black women and move on. beyonce doesnt do anything different than any of your faves except put on electrifying performances and keep y'all constantly angry.

montrealxo

if Bey wasn't authentic she would've switched to EDM instead of releasing 4, she never would've made Formation, or Lemonade, Beychella wouldn't have happened, etc. she makes the art that she wants to make and risks her career with each era

she's true to HERSELF. that's what authentic means

Planet Mars

Can someone please enlighten me on the need of CERTAIN fanbases to percieve of their faves as a 'best friend'? Why they must know every thing about what she's doing and why she should make herself available to them 24/7?

Just asking because these fanbases share a similarly in the fact that their faves just lack talent. 

It's like, she can't sing, she can't dance and is a walking definition of mediocrity but because I can see emyselc ki kiing with her on a Sunday afternoon she's IT for me.

I don't get it, but at the same time I rarely listen to singers who can't sing, so I guess I just can't relate. :michael:

C0SMIC
1 minute ago, ABeyBraith said:

Because unlike you entitled weirdos who think you’re owed something despite not being the ones doing any of the hard work, we don’t expect anymore other than what she gives us through her art. We get peeps of her life but we get ALL of her through what we stan her for. Music and performance. For us, that is more than enough. 

As for authenticity, that’s subjective. As a fan and someone who adores Beyoncé, what she has given to me and shown me feels very authentic and true to herself.

Beyoncé isn’t the only star who lip syncs (she’s one of the very few who doesnt lip sync so to avoid sounding a mess but rather to preserve her vocals, can’t be said for a lot your faves) or has help to articulate her thoughts into lyrics but yet is somehow scrutinised more for it. I wonder why that is. 

Your post is just bitter vitriol and I cannot understand why someone you so clearly dislike bothers you so much. Take a nap and focus on your fave x

Sorry, she's  basically incapable of writing her own songs, you know as well as I do it Aint her thoughts but the thoughts of 10 other people, for all we know she can literally be adding one word in, its why she never wins the good Grammys & you get peeps of her life through INSTAGRAm & that elevator video, both of which are inauthentic & designed to sell her brand, she's a marketing genius ill give her that :) 

ABeyBraith
27 minutes ago, C0SMIC said:

Sorry, she's  basically incapable of writing her own songs, you know as well as I do it Aint her thoughts but the thoughts of 10 other people, for all we know she can literally be adding one word in, its why she never wins the good Grammys & you get peeps of her life through INSTAGRAm & that elevator video, both of which are inauthentic & designed to sell her brand, she's a marketing genius ill give her that :) 

Just had an aneurysm trying to read this messy ****. Lmao, goodnight. 

Hivy

50 minutes ago, C0SMIC said:

is it just me

It's just you bitch

Ina Garten

everything you said in the OP is basically true but she's still an extremely compelling and talented artist

LoveLiveMusic

Her showing little clips of her ‘being real’ are of course selected moments but really it’s because she’s so professional onstage I don’t think she has time to be anything less than focused of what’s going on stage and that’s fine with me, I came to see a show not to hear artists ramble onstage when they could do 3-4 more songs

RudeBoyy

She’s controlled, but not inauthentic. The image she puts forth is pretty accurate even if a bit over the top at times (that’s what being a star is though).

C0SMIC

Omg the Beyoncé essays, now I know which courses most HIVE users take at university :rip: 

Metamorphosis
1 hour ago, ShouldersSideways said:

I find her to be one of the more authentic celebrities. She minds her own business and pretty much tells us to do the same with regard to her. 

:cm:

Beyondslay

The essay. :ahh:

What kind of level of of being PRESSED. :bibliahh:

americanlife

I just wish she’d stop with the pretentiousness and surprise releases. I want to see the diva she used to be!

Kurwisko

She tries to pursue songs that are written by writing camp with stolen ideas from different artists as her own personal music. Fishy as fk.

JonginBey

ff, you are getting dragged and rightfully so :sistrens: