Shawn finds gay rumors hurtful

183 posts in this topic

DAP

Shawn Mendes is speaking out again about rumors that have been swirling around about his sexuality for the past few years.

The 20-year-old singer explained why he finds the rumors to be “hurtful.”

“For me it’s hurtful,” Shawn told The Guardian. “I get mad when people assume things about me because I imagine the people who don’t have the support system I have and how that must affect them.”

“That was why I was so angry, and you can see I still get riled up, because I don’t think people understand that when you come at me about something that’s stupid you hurt so many other people. They might not be speaking, but they’re listening,” he added.

http://www.justjared.com/2019/04/08/shawn-mendes-says-rumors-about-his-sexuality-are-hurtful/

Hmm thots?

BtSte42.gif

Istan4R

The only person hurting is himself 

Pheromosa
1 minute ago, DAP said:

when you come at me about something that’s stupid

is he implying being gay is something stupid? sjdksjdfd

Relampago.

I feel like he only talks about being gay

cosmicgypsy

Stop entertaining them then 

Bencharmer

Huuuum i love Shawn, I think people should leave him alone but that statement doesn't sound genuine at all. :psyduck:

45seconds
2 minutes ago, Pheromosa said:

You guys just find things to be mad about at this point. 

Orsay

The way y’all talk about this mans sexuality is DISGUSTING 

And probably won’t stop despite him voicing how much he doesn’t like it, truly garbage

Weed

:rip: Is he purposefully trying to Streisand effect this?

Susie
Just now, Pheromosa said:

The curiosity from people to know about his sexuality is, principally if he don't wanna to talk about it :eatpopcorn:

C0SMIC
Posted (edited)

this kid is so gay smh why does he keep whining about people thinking he's not straight? That's like rule #1, you don't entertain it as then people will see that it bothers you & continue making fun of you! surely he & his team know this, they're just pandering 

Cherry123

Why would he or anyone without support get hurt just because someone believes they have a different sexuality? lmao

Lights and Waves

Why is he always bringing it up :deadbanana4: Me when I was in the closet in high school teas

craven92

Sorry the fact that he cares so much is the biggest problem to me. Like if someone were to assume I was straight it wouldnt matter but someone thinks youre gay and its "hurtful".   

lepetitmonstr

He's trash and overrated. Gays will move on after he starts aging like milk. Thank you, next.

Goten21

I feel like people in the closet could fear of coming out just because of how he’s kind of attacked for potentially being gay? Like I definitely get the logic behind his statement

Sazare
9 minutes ago, Pheromosa said:

what is this reading comprehension :rip:

Icarus

Why did I hear the quote in a whiny effeminate voice 

FrederickSpears

So many male celebs are called gay, and it doesn't bother them. It's SO obvious he's gay and he's making matters so much worse :rip: Clay Aiken "I'm not gay!!!" teas.

Judas Bertha
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Lights and Waves said:

Why is he always bringing it up :deadbanana4: Me when I was in the closet in high school teas

really? i was the opposite. when i was closeted, i would avoid ANY gay related conversation like the plague. Like someone could bring up gay marriage in class and i would start getting nervous :rip:

Goten21

Oh wait if he spoke out about it himself then that’s kinda weird. I thought he got asked about it.

LookinIn
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Judas Bertha said:

really? i was the opposite. when i was closeted, i would avoid ANY gay related conversation like the plague. Like someone could bring up gay marriage and i would start getting nervous :rip:

well I did the same thing, I think most closeted gays do when gay issues come up. But what that user is referring to is the over deflection of any gay accusations or rumours, something I know I did when I was in the closet, going out of my way and be WAY over the top in my denials. 

Orsay
Posted (edited)

He’s talking about the way femininity, or any behavior that could possibly be associated with femininity, is so heavily stigmatized for men, I.E “well he likes beyoncé so he must be GHEY”

The effects of it ARE real and harmful, it makes gay and straight men alike constantly monitor their own behavior to make sure they’re always being “masc” enough, not too much of a sissy

The comprehension level on this site is literally sub zero :ace: