Most followed western female artists on QQ Music (China)

Feanor

1200px-Логотип_сервісу_QQ_Music.svg.png

Info: QQ Music is by far the biggest music platform in China, kinda like the iTunes/Spotify/AM of the Middle Kingdom.

Current numbers as of: November 05, 2022

(gains since April 14, 2022)

1. Taylor Swift – 10,812,000 (+483,000)

2. Avril Lavigne – 4,694,000 (+40,000)

3. Rihanna – 3,202,000 (+75,000)

4. Adele – 2,880,000 (+102,000)
5. Sia – 2,717,000 (+157,000)

6. Lady Gaga – 2,534,000 (+74,000)

7. Billie Eilish – 2,247,000 (+161,000)

8. Ariana Grande – 1,772,000 (+96,000)

9. Selena Gomez – 1,578,000 (+51,000)

10. Katy Perry – 1,468,000 (+17,000)

Did your fave make it on the list?

michael-jackson-reading.gif

Edited by Feanor

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Feanor

• GoodGuyGoneGhetto

• Kyoto

• YaDirtyGoddess

Rihanna's numbers in E.Asia; S.E Asia are so bemusing. Statistically, it houses her weakest markets, especially when compared to the likes of Swift, yet she remains a massive figure, culturally speaking. :jonny2:

Whitney Houston is still the most commercially successful Black Female act in these territories, inarguably so.

(Also, as someone who is half-Malaysian, it doesn't surprise me that these lists are dominated by Caucasian Pop acts. :toofunny3:)

Gaga being top five even though she's banned :jonny:

Interesting. ATRL had me thinking Rihanna was a non factor in Asia.

Only one POC fave of mine on the list. I'm surprised. :clap3:

1 hour ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Interesting. ATRL had me thinking Rihanna was a non factor in Asia.

And it's the truth for the most part. Her popularity in China is mostly due to her features with Eminem who has always been huge. Other than that, her catalog stats are mediocre tho 

Wow at Rih being so high when she doesn't even bother to promote music there :rip:

sounds about white 

does anyone know how to check album sales on this site? they have a digital album selection and when an album is featured there you can see album sales and buy it but when you search for it goes to the page with streaming only :psyduck:

1 hour ago, Cherry123 said:

Gaga being top five even though she's banned :jonny:

she's not banned 

Edited by rzal

2 minutes ago, rzal said:

does anyone know how to check albums sales on this site? they have a digital album selection and when an album is featured there you can see album sales and buy it but when you search for it goes to the page with streaming only :psyduck:

she's not banned 

She is since 2016 

3 minutes ago, Cherry123 said:

She is since 2016 

then how are people streaming her? :deadbanana2:if china can block google, facebook, instagram etc. they can block gaga from their local service but they didn't

15 minutes ago, YaDirtyGoddess said:

And it's the truth for the most part. Her popularity in China is mostly due to her features with Eminem who has always been huge. Other than that, her catalog stats are mediocre tho 

Then why does ANTI have so many streams/downloads or whatever on QQ Music, beloved ?

Edited by istan4badgalriri

6 minutes ago, rzal said:

then how are people streaming her? :deadbanana2:if china can block google, facebook, instagram etc. they can block gaga from their local service but they didn't

Idk but she's banned there, so are Katy and Selena

1 minute ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Then why does ANTI have so many streams/downloads or whatever on QQ Music, beloved ?

I wouldn't say it has "so many downloads/streams". Its downloads are on par with other B-tier western artists in China, such as The Chainsmokers, Ariana during Dangerous Woman and Charlie Puth so... congrats? Nothing as close as the dominance Taylor is having with both 1989 and reputation being the biggest western digital albums of all time in China, or Gaga during The Fame Monster, being the most searched pop star in history in China. 

As for the streams, well QQ doesn't even show streaming numbers, but if we check apps that do like Xiami, you'll see that one of her features with with Eminem has more streams than every track on Anti combined :michael:

25 minutes ago, YaDirtyGoddess said:

So, statistically speaking, what Black/POC Female is a "factor" in East Asia in particular considering none have moved more units than Rihanna. (Minus Whitney Houston who peaked in the 80's/90's).

All I'm seeing are White upon White artists that China seems to be worshipping which doesn't surprise me at all. :skull:

1 hour ago, Feanor said:

D3jVyVoWkAACZM9?format=jpg&name=small

2. Avril Lavigne - 4,270,000

Just now, Starfire said:

@ProudLBS@AvrilLaQueen our GLOBAL empress is winning AGAIN!! QUEEN OF CHINA!! :heart2:

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "avril lavigne atrl japan"

She needs another BIG POP era :jonny: something like 1989

2 hours ago, PlERRE said:

How is Gaga top 5? Isn't she banned in China?

9 minutes ago, Cherry123 said:

Idk but she's banned there, so are Katy and Selena

She's not. She's literally mentioned & praised on the National TV channel every now and then. The rumor for these bans are mainly because of the strict rules for touring in China rusulted from BJORK's messy speech when she had a tour in China.

1 minute ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

So, statistically speaking, what Black/POC Female is a "factor" in East Asia in particular considering none have moved more units than Rihanna. (Minus Whitney Houston who peaked in the 80's/90's).

All I'm seeing are White upon White artists that China seems to be worshipping which doesn't surprise me at all. :skull:

Very few western artists are a factor in East Asia to begin with, so you pointing out that it's "white upon white artists" is irrelevant and false. Whitney and Mariah, 2 black women, were probably the biggest western artists of the 90s there. In the 2000s, it was Gaga and Avril. Now it's Taylor. Other than that Idk who you'd consider "a factor" there :michael:

13 minutes ago, LoveMe_HateMe said:

No Beyonce? :sad:

4 minutes ago, Gourgeist said:

Where is Beyonce?

the white guilt driving liberal propaganda your fav need does not exist in east asia! taylor & avril aka TABS are in the top here and beyoncé nowhere to be found. deal with it!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.