Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Carrie Underwood - "Southbound"

592 posts in this topic

next single to be performed @ the ACM Award :cm: 

justice for Drinking Alone :cries: 

So she doesn’t release Drinking Alone, Song That We Used To or Backsliding but releases this? :psyduck: 

ugh i hated this one

This is a generic song, but country radio will eat it up given their love for Alden, Bryan & Thomas Rhett.

5 minutes ago, 45seconds said:

So she doesn’t release Drinking Alone, Song That We Used To or Backsliding but releases this? :psyduck: 

right? :psyduck:

the gays really lost in Trump's America :rip: 

the worst song on the album but the only way for her to get any support from country radio. she had to do what she had to do.

This is perfect for her. Country radio will EAT this up!

I get her thinking after Love Wins and this is the most instant on the album for country radio.

Backsliding, Drinking Alone, End Up With You, Low, and Ghosts On The Stereo all deserve a release too. (I wish her label would allow her to push this album until Dec 2020)

The worst song on the album :rip: but it'll be a summer country smash so

I get that decision since it‘s the only summer song, but Backsliding better not get paid dust. It better be released as the fourth single in autumn :cries:

This should have been the lead single from the album last summer with 'Cry Pretty' as the second single. This way she would get a hit single before the album drop and 'Cry Pretty' would be released right before the album.

Well she never really said it was a new single, so there is still hope for another song. She said during an interview yesterday that basically she didn't like to sing / promote the same song all the time and she wanted to sing something different (a little bit like "Spinning Bottles" at the AMA's 2018) but i'm sure that if the song does well post ACMA, it will become a single.

I don't particulary like the song, even tho it's not bad, but "Cry Pretty" was maybe too dramatic & serious & "Love Wins" had too much of a strong message, that it turned country radio off of her. "Sounthboud" sounds summerish and like a song bro / male country artist song. Maybe that's what she needs. Something lighter and festive. I see that there are some dancers with her on stage so they seem to go with the whole party / happy feeling of the song which is probably more endearing than her previous two singles.

The right choice for summer.

I guess it's the best choice for summer and to get airplay 

I think this is the perfect choice as she needs something a little bit lively for a new single. I would have gone End Up with You because it has better potential for a pop crossover but it may be a risk with country listeners. At least this also has a big pop crossover appeal that she can capitalize on, although I doubt it will be sent to pop.

I just hope this becomes a decent hit for her because she's been flopping a little bit for quite a time now.

I was hoping she was on to her next project tbh. New single for a new album bc the last one didn’t do it for me :/

It’s a fun song and hopefully gets her back on radio. But Backsliding needs to be released either on country or elsewhere 

Hopefully this really is the single. She needs something that will not bore her audience after a few listens (CP) and that isn’t bland (LW). It’s also perfect for summer!

May 2019 - Southbound

October 2019 - Backsliding

March 2020 - End Up With You

Would be the perfect way to end the era. She dropped the ball with the beginning, but could wrap it up rather flawlessly.

Ugh what a terrible choice but country radio sucks so I'm sure this has a chance of doing well. They need to release Backsliding or forget another single.

end up with you deserved :'(

at least make it a hit @ country radio

Not the worst song on the album :skull: 

I like the song, it's fun. not the best song on the album but it does sound like a smash on country radio and she needs a #1 now.

1 hour ago, Sept said:

Not the worst song on the album :skull: 

it sounds like something country radio would spam in the summer so there is that :cm: 

as long as Drinking Alone still has a chance of being last single :cries: