NZ: Billie Eilish Doing Double with Bad Guy and WWAFA,WDWG?

discreetinside

New Zealand jumping on the closest thing to Lorde during her eternal absence, I see them.

Congrats!

Ariana's Tu,n is so stable OMG. :jonny5:

Do they have a limit of like at most four songs per album charting? It's weird four of them got into the top 10 and the rest nowhere to be found on the top 40

#1 Bad Guy

#2 Wish You Were Gay

#5 Bury A Friend

#7 When The Party's Over - 39th week in top 40

#9 All The Good Girls Go To Hell

#38 Lovely (feat. Khalid) - 34th week in top 40

jesus christ this mother****ing power

shoutout khalid too, 5 songs in the top 40

On 4/5/2019 at 9:48 PM, Cherry123 said:

Do they have a limit of like at most four songs per album charting? It's weird four of them got into the top 10 and the rest nowhere to be found on the top 40

https://www.nztop40.co.nz/assets/Chart Rules July 2018.pdf

I do some quick check and they have some sort of artist cap rule by adding this section around July 2018.

3.2.2 Artist Appearance Limitation

In the first week of an album's release, the named artist(s) may achieve up to 4 new entries into the Top40, subject to the following conditions:

a) The four top performing new entries in terms of chart points will be eligible.

b) Any single appearing on the album which has already charted remains eligible to appear in the Top40,

c) Should there already be one track from the album in the Top40, the artist may have a maximum of 3 new entries. The three, top performing new entries in terms of chart points will be eligible,

d) Should there already be two (or more) tracks from the album in the Top40, then the artist may have a maximum of 2 new entries. The two, top performing new entries in terms of chart points will be eligible. This rule shall apply for the first four weeks of an album's availability. Once this period is over, the above restrictions are removed.

So that kinda explained we don't see much new entries from Ariana tracks like Bloodline on the first tracking week she drops TU,N.

On 4/6/2019 at 2:48 AM, Cherry123 said:

Yeah they put the rule in around the time Ed Sheeran released as they knew the mess incoming :ahh: 

8 hours ago, discreetinside said:

https://www.nztop40.co.nz/assets/Chart Rules July 2018.pdf

I do some quick check and they have some sort of artist cap rule by adding this section around July 2018.

So that kinda explained we don't see much new entries from Ariana tracks like Bloodline on the first tracking week she drops TU,N.

2 minutes ago, Wonderland said:

Yeah they put the rule in around the time Ed Sheeran released as they knew the mess incoming :ahh: 

Thanks it was kinda weird 

4 minutes ago, Wonderland said:

1 minute ago, Cherry123 said:

Thanks it was kinda weird 

It's dumb. We want accuracy not... I don't even know the logic of that, tbh. 

And mess at Divide being #6 after more than 2 years.

5 minutes ago, Timber said:

It's dumb. We want accuracy not... I don't even know the logic of that, tbh. 

And mess at Divide being #6 after more than 2 years.

I don't think it's that dumb tbh. If it wasn't in place, Ed would've had the top 10 here for months :rip:

There isn't really a point having non-singles clogging the singles chart. It defeats the purpose of the chart.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.