The Society: Season 1 l May 10

86 posts in this topic

“The Society” follows a group of teenagers who are mysteriously transported to a facsimile of their wealthy New England town without any trace of their parents. Their newfound freedom will be fun… but it will also be very dangerous. As they struggle to figure out what has happened to them and how to get home, they must establish order and form alliances if they want to survive.

Season 1 streaming May 10 on Netflix

Would rather have a Gone tv series but werk I guess.

Looks kinda lame tbh but I’ll give it a go :p

Anybody else watching this? I like this. Gave me Lost and The 100 vibes. 

On April 4, 2019 at 1:51 PM, Nofo said:

Would rather have a Gone tv series but werk I guess.

I LOVE those books. That's what this reminds me of + Under The Dome and Lord of the Flies of course. 

Really excited to check it out!

Not the best execution but I’m entertained af by the premise and there are a couple of boys on here who could have their way with me so... it’s worth watching :dies: 

Watching it now. 

:toofunny3: terrible , but I’ll continue watching it

Omg love this show. Damn netflix knows their targrt audience. Ever since 13 reasons why they release like 3 of these highschool shows a year that will most likely trend and get renewed bcs its what we crave to watch even tho its bad. Theres 3 of them shooting in toronto as i speak coming out later this year/next year.

Just finished watching all of it and im shook.... it was literally so good. The characters are all developed and the writing is good and like **** happens like its a messy high school drama show but then theres also a crazy interesting plot. The acting was really good and there are definitely a bunch of plot twists that kept me hooked. Dont read below if you dont want to be spoiled.

Spoiler

IM OBSESSED WITH SAM AND GRIZZ they are the best gay couple on a show even though **** was complicated for them. Also i ****ing hate Elle shes just a dumb dirty bitch I MEAN SERIOUSLY IF YOU WANT TO KILL CAMPBELL JUST STAB HIM like omg I CANT and then she gets out and instead of telling everyone that he abused her and making him go on trial she decides to recluse again???? HE ****ING BRANDED YOU!!!! The ****ing guard showing why white men can't have power theyre so ****ing annoying Allie was doing her BEST DAMN JOB AND Y'ALL LISTEN TO THE PSYCHOPATH!!!!

RIP Cassandra though that whole plot was so ****ed omg... i kinda saw the foreshadowing with how they made it seem like she was the protag but you kinda knew it was really Allie. 

Lexi is so stupid like ya you dont like allie but like throwing a coup d'etat is a little worse than arresting someone and then the guard (who you work with eventually???) abusing their power on you.

Campbell will probably just keep Harry sedated with whatever hes been giving him (xans or coke??? they never made it clear)

I liked becca in the beginning but like girl just let Sam do his thing it's a new world **** the concept of marrying and being coupled and stuff... shes been so selfish about this pregnancy stuff and if she was really Sams friend she would not want him to miss out on the opportunity to be with someone.

Hopefully Grizz, Kelly, Bean, Elle (somehow), Helena/Luke potentially if he decides to confess to helena, Gordie, Sam, and Gwen all come together to fix everything. I lowkey feel like Kelly will somehow manage considering she's been the smartest one so far honestly, shes grown the most and acts the most competant.

ALso this might be a reach but i feel like the black and white dog being there when Cassandra got shot and then at the end when it shows the real town means that the dog is able to go back and forth somehow...

This looks interesting let me watch. 

51 minutes ago, Starboys said:

Just finished watching all of it and im shook.... it was literally so good. The characters are all developed and the writing is good and like **** happens like its a messy high school drama show but then theres also a crazy interesting plot. The acting was really good and there are definitely a bunch of plot twists that kept me hooked. Dont read below if you dont want to be spoiled.

Reveal hidden contents

IM OBSESSED WITH SAM AND GRIZZ they are the best gay couple on a show even though **** was complicated for them. Also i ****ing hate Elle shes just a dumb dirty bitch I MEAN SERIOUSLY IF YOU WANT TO KILL CAMPBELL JUST STAB HIM like omg I CANT and then she gets out and instead of telling everyone that he abused her and making him go on trial she decides to recluse again???? HE ****ING BRANDED YOU!!!! The ****ing guard showing why white men can't have power theyre so ****ing annoying Allie was doing her BEST DAMN JOB AND Y'ALL LISTEN TO THE PSYCHOPATH!!!!

RIP Cassandra though that whole plot was so ****ed omg... i kinda saw the foreshadowing with how they made it seem like she was the protag but you kinda knew it was really Allie. 

Lexi is so stupid like ya you dont like allie but like throwing a coup d'etat is a little worse than arresting someone and then the guard (who you work with eventually???) abusing their power on you.

Campbell will probably just keep Harry sedated with whatever hes been giving him (xans or coke??? they never made it clear)

I liked becca in the beginning but like girl just let Sam do his thing it's a new world **** the concept of marrying and being coupled and stuff... shes been so selfish about this pregnancy stuff and if she was really Sams friend she would not want him to miss out on the opportunity to be with someone.

Hopefully Grizz, Kelly, Bean, Elle (somehow), Helena/Luke potentially if he decides to confess to helena, Gordie, Sam, and Gwen all come together to fix everything. I lowkey feel like Kelly will somehow manage considering she's been the smartest one so far honestly, shes grown the most and acts the most competant.

ALso this might be a reach but i feel like the black and white dog being there when Cassandra got shot and then at the end when it shows the real town means that the dog is able to go back and forth somehow...

Are there any gay characters? If not I'm not interested 

4 minutes ago, snowpiercer said:

There is a prominent homosexual couple, yes.

aaO3FJg.gif

36 minutes ago, snowpiercer said:

Yas girl. Theres gay characters galore. And one of them is a "straight" guy.

One problem i have with this show is that its cast is too white. Needs a black girl or 2 tbh.

BUT DAMN harrys ***** in those khakis.....omg

" you cant do that without asking". Perfect woke script writing. Didnt cringe at all. Im serious, well done to the writers.

2 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Omg love this show. Damn netflix knows their targrt audience. Ever since 13 reasons why they release like 3 of these highschool shows a year that will most likely trend and get renewed bcs its what we crave to watch even tho its bad. Theres 3 of them shooting in toronto as i speak coming out later this year/next year.

wiggggg

aaO3FJg.gif

Omg episode 4 is amazingly written. Woooowwww. This is what 13 reasons why last season should of been.

I didnt know tom holland was in this:eek:

EPISODE 6. 39 MINUTES IN. Look at his freeballing *****!

The " youre talking too fast" scene with the deaf guy was so powerful omg

3 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

The " youre talking too fast" scene with the deaf guy was so powerful omg

GIRL im glad youre watching it. I deadass need to rewatch for Sam and Grizz, like i was CRYING at them.

And also like yea the dialogue was so ****ing good and the way the show handled all these crazy situations were so realistic and thats why i wanted to keep watching, it wasn't like some crazy riverdaled mess.

10 hours ago, snowpiercer said:

YES. Theres like foreshadowing in one of the early episodes about one of the characters being gay and we already know about the other gay, and then like they interact a little bit later on and its everything a gay sis could ever imagine... the hot jock being all... ill just let you watch :jonny5: