Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

RuPaul | RuPaul's talk show on Fox for a trial run!

42 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The queen of all queens might become the next queen of daytime TV.

Last summer Variety reported that RuPaul was filming a talk show pilot for Telepictures, the Warner Bros. production company behind The Ellen DeGeneres Show and—for all of you ’90s kids out there—The Rosie O’Donnell Show. Now we get the first taste of what the chat fest will be like in a new clip from the talk show, featuring Ru walking the lit-up runway, and telling the everybody in the audience to “say love!”

According to Deadline, the talk show—appropriately titled, RuPaul—will be “entertaining, heartfelt,” and feature Ru’s “modern take on the talk format.”

“He will showcase his aspirational message with celebrity and newsmaker interviews, along with empowering everyday people to become their best selves. His sense of beauty, make-up and style will make the runway work for everyone,” reads the series description

“Now more than ever before we need a global voice that will help everyday people navigate this unique time in history,” said Ru. “Not only do I want to be a part of that conversation, I want to help facilitate it.”

RuPaul will premiere June 10, and will air Monday through Friday on select Fox TV stations, including WNYW in New York and KTTV in Los Angeles, as a three-week test run limited series.

“Part of the appeal of doing limited series is the freedom it allows to try something really different. That’s this show,” ddded Frank Cicha, EVP, Programming, FOX Television Stations. RuPaul will be executive produced by Jill Van Lokeren (who worked on The Oprah Winfrey Show) and World of Wonder’s Fenton Bailey, Randy Barbato and Tom Campbell, who are also producers on RuPaul’s Drag Race.

According to Variety, Ru will host, and “bring his unique, positive and aspirational point of view to the format, interviewing celebrities, giving beauty and glam tips, playing games, and dishing on pop culture.” The trade paper also reports that the glamazon’s show will not contain cooking or exercise segments, but his closest squirrel friend, Michelle Visage, is “expected to play a major role.”

Alright, I'm perched. The drag queens will finally be able to promote their music :eli: 

The only talk show the gays need now.  Wendy is OVER

Mama Ru is getting coinT.

1 minute ago, jpow said:

The only talk show the gays need now.  Wendy is OVER

Gays supporting gays?

Gerelateerde afbeelding

Oh wow...im watching that :jonny5: wendy who? :jonny5:

The editing :rip:

Hopefully it'll be like his VH1 show from the 90's tbh

Oh so he isn't going to be in drag on the show?

OMG! Ru serving opulence and owning everything. Here for it! :jonny5: 

I’ll watch, but I see it being canceled by winter 

He’ll end up saying something problematic and it’ll get cancelled 

We don't need this fake psychologist using people's tragedies for ratings. A LEECH. 

It looks like those memes on Twitter when people edit in the reaction shots of the white women in Ellen's audience 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Aciid said:

We don't need this fake psychologist using people's tragedies for ratings. A LEECH. 

Yeah he's big on exploiting tragedy for TV. Watching him on Drag Race season 7 trying to coerce Pearl to talk about how he was molested as a child when he was visibly uncomfortable really rubbed me the wrong way.

This is major. :clap3: 

How does he even have the time with filming Drag Race, All Stars and UK Drag Race :deadbanana4:

2 minutes ago, Revenge said:

How does he even have the time with filming Drag Race, All Stars and UK Drag Race :deadbanana4:

it actually works out well...drag race films July/August and major talk shows film September-May/June and take a summer break 

Just now, rN820 said:

it actually works out well...drag race films July/August and major talk shows film September-May/June and take a summer break 

Yeah but surely it’s 2 months per season and with him doing the UK one that’s already half a year without the talk show?

3 minutes ago, Revenge said:

All Stars doesn't film until this winter at least, DRUK will be done in 3 or so weeks and he'll probably film S12 straight after that, leaving his whole summer open

Just now, Revenge said:

Yeah but surely it’s 2 months per season and with him doing the UK one that’s already half a year without the talk show?

this is just a 3 week preview...if the talk show even gets picked up for a full season it won't air until fall 2020 so his schedule will be planned accordingly 

Getting another talk show 20 years after her first. Mother always wins

42 minutes ago, justin. said:

I’ll watch, but I see it being canceled by winter 

40 minutes ago, Smithy said:

He’ll end up saying something problematic and it’ll get cancelled 

Y'all aint read? It's only a 3-week engagement.

21 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

Y'all aint read? It's only a 3-week engagement.

As a test run limited series, I.e it could be picked up as a permanent things.

in which case, he’d eventually say something messy and problematic 

the devil works hard. but RuPaul works harder

not here for rupaul doing her wannabe psychologist shtick that she tries with the contestants on drag race...

WE DO NOT NEED him mentioning/asking others about their inner saboteurs x100000 ugh. This is going to be a mess.