Is Martyrs any good?

18 posts in this topic

FailSafe

I've been eye-ing this movie for a while now and I love horror. Should I watch the 2008 version or the remake?

Archetype

The original’s ending is... unforgettable.  It’s insane, but strangely poetic?  It’s not “horror” in the way you’d expect, though.  

FailSafe
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Archetype said:

The original’s ending is... unforgettable.  It’s insane, but strangely poetic?  It’s not “horror” in the way you’d expect, though.  

I enjoy both mainstream horror and those metaphorical/symbolic ones. Is the gore too much? I've seen some saw movies and the likes. I'm not really into those stuff but if it's done right and not doing it just for the sake of it then I'm pretty much fine with it. Although I really don't like movies like Human Centipede; there nothing the movie really had to offer and dragged on for too long

Erreur2 La Nature

I don’t know if it’s good nowadays bit it was amazing when I watched it like 15 years ago

madonnafan18

Watch the original! The remake doesn't even compare.

Hurem

I’ve only seen clips and it looks kinda disturbing. :rip:

fabbriche

That movie is so ****ed up. It doesn't even make sense.

MusicTalker

I watched this and was scarred for life. I actually don’t recommend it. It’s not terrifying in the way horror should be: I thought it was just straight up demented.

filmman

Yes, it's a horror Masterpiece

HausOfGerard

Yes, the original is INCREDIBLE and beyond disturbing. The American remake sucks, as expected

Haus

saw it years ago and i guess i'm glad i experienced it but also glad i was young enough to have forgotten the specifics :biblio: 

the ending tho.. yeah. no. never forgetting that image. 

massedux

omg the last like 20 minutes of the original are so unsettling :biblio: like I literally don't remember blinking when I watched it. it's a difficult watch but it's pretty good in terms of fresh horror ideas.