Ciara - 'Beauty Marks'

521 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, MSTI said:

You havn't seen the Beauty Marks video?

This gave me shivers. What an absolutely stunning couple. Just wow. 

giphy.gif

I'm still gagged she put Sienna's birth in there. She's finally giving us a personal look into her world, whereas in the beginning she wouldn't be so easy to open up

If my numbers are correct she did around 8,000+ album equivalent units. She's probably debuting somewhere in the 70s. :mandown:

Okay I listened to this album again today and it’s very solid. Every track is enjoyable and “Level Up” isn’t nearly as annoying when it first came out 

Y'all think she's scared to release urban music because the urban community kind of turned on her after the whole Future break up? Like, she's a bit bitter towards them. Someone pointed this out in another thread, she started wanting to go pop in 2008/09 after her fanbase started bashing her. I think it was because of 50 cent. 

27 minutes ago, Attitude said:

She needs to ditch Alternative Distribution Alliance. Sign a new distribution deal with BMG or eOne or something.

For sure.

The interest in this album was low but she should have been able to chart in the top 40 at least.

21 minutes ago, Attitude said:

Y'all think she's scared to release urban music because the urban community kind of turned on her after the whole Future break up? Like, she's a bit bitter towards them. Someone pointed this out in another thread, she started wanting to go pop in 2008/09 after her fanbase started bashing her. I think it was because of 50 cent. 

Possibly.

It's clear only the R&B audience is here for her, so she needs to focus on that.

I don't see it (because it's too perfect to actually happen) but Set f/ Megan Thee Stallion would be >>>

Cardi is too over-exposed and way bigger than Ciara, so I think it would go under the radar.

Megan is up and coming so has more to get out of the song becoming a hit. 

6 hours ago, Attitude said:

If my numbers are correct she did around 8,000+ album equivalent units. She's probably debuting somewhere in the 70s. :mandown:

Then why did you say 152 in that other thread? :deadbanana:

3 minutes ago, FantasyRide said:

Then why did you say 152 in that other thread? :deadbanana:

I was jking. Not my fault the idiots on this site ran with it. :mandown:

3 hours ago, Attitude said:

See, I've always assumed this. Urban is Future's crowd and Ci has never been a full hood girl. That drama effected a lot of "the n*ggas" opinion of Ciara

This album showed her tapping into a side of herself that she wanted to explore and she did it while also knowing Urban is her core, and going urban/trap with the soubd would've been a more profitable choice at radio. But something is holding her back from making the full plunge into hip hop music. 

I like that Ciara is trying to go Pop as her next move. Because as an RNB singer, her range of vocal is limited which somehow hinders her from becoming bigger vocalists and gaining more audience. Crunk didn't require artists to have big vocal but it doesn't exist anymore. As a pop artist, her vocal performance is sufficient. The black community have known her for a while and she really has tons of obsessive haters that throw shade at her no matter what. So maybe going Pop is a good thing for her because she definitely has potential in pop music and it's a huge unexploited market for her. Plus these millenniums haven't got to know her. They need to see that she's more than "Level Up" and "I Bet" in this decade. 

20 minutes ago, Attitude said:

Beauty Marks debuts at #87.

:rip:

How are sales units calculated? Do the specific number of streams/single sales that total 1 album mean the revenue generated from those streams/singles is the same as the purchase of one album? 

I'm pretty sure she made a lot more money on this project than from Jackie.

1) Level Up gave her a streaming hit.

2) She's independant - no money goes to the label as the label is her own.

3) Her videos this era has been low/medium budget compared to 'Dance Like We're Makin Love'

4) The producers on this album SHOULD be cheaper than the ones on Jackie.