Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Ciara - 'Beauty Marks'

541 posts in this topic

Its not even in the top 20. I feel like having a limited physical release really hindered it. :skull:

I Love Myself :heart2: Set :heart2: Trust Myself :heart2:

She should’ve released this album while Level Up’s hype was hot :rip: 

Now she will disappear for 3 years.

See you guys in 2022!

The problem with Ciara imo, is that she rarely collabs with artists. She literally disappears from the music scene after her album drops and then comes back a few years later having to 'reintroduce' herself. 

If her team was smart they would have capitalized from the hype that self-titled gave her - had her jump on collabs between self-titled and Jackie. Also she needs to stick to urban imo. Level Up did far better than Thinkin' bout you. Girl Gang is doing better than the rest of the album too. 

I doubt she’ll wait that long to release music. If it wasn’t for her old label Level Up wouldve came out in 2017.

I wish she would do what BTS is doing. 

Release an 8 track EP with a lead single, music video. Let that ride out for a few months then release another EP following the same formula. With some hot collabs she could rise to success easily that way. This day and age nobody wants to wait on an album. The hype needs to be instant. 

8 minutes ago, CristianGarcia said:

I doubt she’ll wait that long to release music. If it wasn’t for her old label Level Up wouldve came out in 2017.

I wish she would do what BTS is doing. 

Release an 8 track EP with a lead single, music video. Let that ride out for a few months then release another EP following the same formula. With some hot collabs she could rise to success easily that way. This day and age nobody wants to wait on an album. The hype needs to be instant. 

I agree with this.

Drop a few hot Urban collabs and build hype. Kinda like she did at the start of the era - Level Up > Freak Me > Dose (Dose kinda killed the hype though). 

Girl Gang and Dose are so great ! 

I didn't like Trust Myself and Set that much though. I'm still listening rn :duca: 

1 hour ago, MSTI said:

Now she will disappear for 3 years.

See you guys in 2022!

The problem with Ciara imo, is that she rarely collabs with artists. She literally disappears from the music scene after her album drops and then comes back a few years later having to 'reintroduce' herself. 

If her team was smart they would have capitalized from the hype that self-titled gave her - had her jump on collabs between self-titled and Jackie. Also she needs to stick to urban imo. Level Up did far better than Thinkin' bout you. Girl Gang is doing better than the rest of the album too. 

Well, Im curious how the ‘I’m my own boss’ will turn out in a long term...she could easily release a few tracks/EPs every year or two, she has no excuses now, I bet she will get pregnant this or next year and since she loves recording while pregnant she should release the music right after, why wait? We’ll see 

As as for the collabs we all know why the only artists on BM are her friends and they’re, well, not popular  :cm:  

There is no way CiCi will get Cardi AND Migos  for Set, they are too expensive 

Trust Myself is all I'm listening to these days. :chick3:

lowkey just realised that Thinking Bout You slaps hard. the monkey sound put me off at first lmao :dies:

I'm actually satisfied with this era. She earned herself a smoking hot social media buzz single and a touching thematic album. 

The problem with the sales so far, imo, is the low budget. I checked the producer and songwriter list and the promo we've got so far. None of the producers is that kind of big name, also Warner didn't support her in the very first start on the release of "Level Up". To some extent, that producer J. R. Rotem hasn't produced a hit for years and Ciara needs a safe and strong comeback as a newly-signed artist in the company. So from the business perspective, I understand Warner's decision. And during that time, they hinted that Bruno Mars and Ciara got a collab, which was probably their preference. 

Things were the same for Body Party. It topped the Urban radio and then we got B.o.B, Ne-yo on the remix. Then we had Nicki's two verses in the self-titled album, a full-week live performance and a series of promo videos for the whole album because she got more budget gradually.

I don't really know why Warner didn't allow her to send Level Up to radio, which was odd because Thinkin' Bout You had been in Top 50 on Pop radio for days. I guess they just don't really trust her judgment. 

But I'm glad that everything about this era has been good so far. We got a certified single and finally, her song in 10 years had been sent to the Pop radio. And we can see the promo tweets, billboard signs, iTunes banner, Spotify playlists and a lined-up concert. I only wished that she would've promoted earlier about the album before the release date. And I'm happy to see her talent as an executive producer on the album. Kudos to the boss mama.

And I must say, Jackie really got a big budget. She had Dr Luke as the exec producer and Missy & Pitbull collab, T. I. and Jonas remix. But Jackie, as an album is incohesive in concept and style of production (Polow, Dr Luke & Cirkut and Samuels. Also Dr Luke gave her some of the B-list songs and there was One Woman Army which was produced 3 years ago. Dr Luke wasn't able to glue them together. And the message that she wanted to deliver to the public in her mother's shoes got lost in the middle. If she did release the documentary in which she was about to "kiss and tell" her feelings about the breakup, her kid and her pain, the whole album would've performed better I think. I really like Jackie even though some of the productions were too much or dated. Self-titled may have the best vibe of all three but Beauty Marks wins in concept IMO.

Was anyone expecting this album to take off? I would've thought it would do at least 20-25k after the amount of promo it's had and the Taylor Swift shout-out.

I'm hoping she has something up her sleeve. Like, pre-orders they didn't submit to HDD yet or something?

Not that I expected amazing sales, but at least a top 10 album will give her a press angle to work with. I'm sure she still will (either "#1 indie album" or "#2 on iTunes"), but still a top 10 pls and thanks.

Fantasy Ride and self titled are eligible for gold certification.

Ride and Body Party are eligible for platinum certification.

I'm Out, Never Ever, Dance Like We're Making Love, and Love Sex Magic are eligible for gold certification. :mandown: 

Ciara needs to print all her albums on Vinyl. Ride the nostalgia from Goodies/The Evolution for a bit and put out more urban leaning music again. 

6 minutes ago, Attitude said:

I'm Out, Never Ever, Dance Like We're Making Love, and Love Sex Magic are eligible for gold certification. :mandown: 

Ciara needs to print all her albums on Vinyl. Ride the nostalgia from Goodies/The Evolution for a bit and put out more urban leaning music again. 

So.. RIAA certifications will come soon ? 

Finally getting around here to share my thoughts on the album. Strangely enough, I find myself playing Jackie and Ciara more than this :rip: It's a very solid album, but overplaying half of it before it came out certainly doesn't help.

Trust Myself is nice but kind of boring. I have to be in the mood for it. I Love Myself is such a good song but it's very long so I don't always have the time to play it in full, but the melody is so satisfying. Na Na is sort of basic but I do enjoy it a lot because it doesn't pretend to be something that it's not. It's the summer chill bop. It will even sound better this summer. One of my favorites. Set fits the current climate so well, but it's different. I really like it, it's another of my faves. Beauty Marks is a gorgeous song, the obvious closer. She sounds great on piano ballads, I never noticed. Girl Gang is the most disappointing collab ever, it's so uneventful. 

About the old songs, Level Up grew on me (hated it at first) but the tropical influence on the pre-chorus is too good for me to ignore :katie2: Freak Me is still my fave on the album, the afrobeat vibes are what suit her the most imo. Dose is very 2013'd, but it's a good throwback song. I love pure pop music, but Thinking Bout You sometimes is too much bubblegum for me :rip: It's a good song, it might have to click on me though, it's very recent. Greatest Love is just boring and goes nowhere, a shame because it had potential.

I love this album so much. Ci really tried new things and saw some successes with those trials. The album bangs from beginning to end. And I haven't listened to an album from start to finish like that since Lemonade.

1 hour ago, Attitude said:

Where do you get these calculations from? I would gag if Ride got a plat plaque. That would mean she was able to get something certified with every album release.

5 hours ago, Attitude said:

receipts sis

13 hours ago, ThomasKvisgaard said:

I'm actually satisfied with this era. She earned herself a smoking hot social media buzz single and a touching thematic album. 

The problem with the sales so far, imo, is the low budget. I checked the producer and songwriter list and the promo we've got so far. None of the producers is that kind of big name, also Warner didn't support her in the very first start on the release of "Level Up". To some extent, that producer J. R. Rotem hasn't produced a hit for years and Ciara needs a safe and strong comeback as a newly-signed artist in the company. So from the business perspective, I understand Warner's decision. And during that time, they hinted that Bruno Mars and Ciara got a collab, which was probably their preference. 

Things were the same for Body Party. It topped the Urban radio and then we got B.o.B, Ne-yo on the remix. Then we had Nicki's two verses in the self-titled album, a full-week live performance and a series of promo videos for the whole album because she got more budget gradually.

I don't really know why Warner didn't allow her to send Level Up to radio, which was odd because Thinkin' Bout You had been in Top 50 on Pop radio for days. I guess they just don't really trust her judgment. 

But I'm glad that everything about this era has been good so far. We got a certified single and finally, her song in 10 years had been sent to the Pop radio. And we can see the promo tweets, billboard signs, iTunes banner, Spotify playlists and a lined-up concert. I only wished that she would've promoted earlier about the album before the release date. And I'm happy to see her talent as an executive producer on the album. Kudos to the boss mama.

this :clap3: I'm so happy for her

15 hours ago, ThomasKvisgaard said:

And I must say, Jackie really got a big budget. She had Dr Luke as the exec producer and Missy & Pitbull collab, T. I. and Jonas remix. But Jackie, as an album is incohesive in concept and style of production (Polow, Dr Luke & Cirkut and Samuels. Also Dr Luke gave her some of the B-list songs and there was One Woman Army which was produced 3 years ago. Dr Luke wasn't able to glue them together. And the message that she wanted to deliver to the public in her mother's shoes got lost in the middle. If she did release the documentary in which she was about to "kiss and tell" her feelings about the breakup, her kid and her pain, the whole album would've performed better I think. I really like Jackie even though some of the productions were too much or dated. Self-titled may have the best vibe of all three but Beauty Marks wins in concept IMO.

!!! Jackie should’ve been called Kiss & Tell. 

We were still trying to find Ciara, the GP didn’t care who Jackie was. 

The music had a BUDGET yes but the promo was non existent.

Beauty Marks got the best promo since The Evolution. It’s just the music this time wasn’t worth the higher platform tbh 

self titled proved ciara’s audience is urban 

body party (r&b track) -> BET Award performance -> I’m out (urban track w/mainstream feature) = 60k debut week 

Why she continues to push POP SINGLES IS BEYOND ME. 

19 hours ago, Nexto said:

Trust Myself is all I'm listening to these days. :chick3:

ME TOO!!!

Ciara said during an interview this morning that Level Up is super close to going platinum. At least she’s gonna have another platinum single 👏🏽

i think lots of people don't even know this album is out. Hell, even me as a casual fan didn't knew it was out if it wasn't for this thread :rip: 

She needs to promo more.