Zero Tolerance for Hate Speech Read more... ×

Why didn’t the Cheetah Girls happen?

41 posts in this topic

Fitzswiftie

This tweet popped up on my timeline and got me wondering 

Why didn’t they blew up in the same way that Hannah/Miley, HSM & The Jonas Brothers did? 

They debuted in the mid 2000s, at the peak of commercial R&B, was pre-Pussycat Dolls so they was a gap in the market and the music was genuinely fantastic and had the support of Ms Whitney Houston. 

YungRapunxeI

Because only two of them had talent. 

DatChickDoe

Because Raven was better than the rest of them. 

Grown K

They weren't head of their time :sick:

Different races? Whitney's Cinderella, sweetie...

I really liked them though, their music was actually good and their were actually kinda talented (I only stanned Adrienne and Raven though)

professor2000

Likely because 3LW was a thing before Cheetah Girls, so no one actually thought they'd take it past what little they did, lol.  

Also, Raven herself was already bigger than Cheetah Girls + 3LW combined.  

And I'm sure them being minorities had a little to do with it...just being honest, ha.  

Ricanaire

Because Raven was a bitch, the spanish one was always rubbing the fact that she was spanish in everyone’s faces, the tall one was a culture vulture and the white girl was a basic wanna be black girl (i’m talking about the movies characters):bibliahh:

2NE1Kmagic
Posted (edited)

Racism, sexism

TCG had the BOPS HSM wishes they had

professor2000

....and the name of the group was....Cheetah Girls. :cm:  No one was going to take it seriously beyond the movies.  :laugh: 

And Cheetah Girls was already a brand before the movies (books).  Hard to take something further, if the book author didn't approve. 

In short...there were a lot of factors.  

Rami328

The lack of white privilege :michael:

Jai

Ultimately there OST's were cute.

That being said when it came top an actual album it just didn't stand out, it sounded like another OST for a movie.

regardless step up is THAT bop. 

EriKills

I mean they were always going to be limited success due to being tied to Disney. They have so many BOPS tho

jdmc218

1. Raven

2. Kiely and Adrienne don't f with each other anymore

3. It was just a Disney thing.

Breathe On Moi

Weren’t the Pussycat Dolls popping around the same time? The better group kinda won tbh :sorry:

FrederickSpears

They did fine. Did anyone really think a group called The Cheetah Girls was going to be taken seriously? :rip: Also on their debut album the music was HORRIBLE. The first movie soundtrack was so much better.

Also many of us were wanting Adrienne and Kiely back in 3LW which they ended up never doing.

FrederickSpears
1 minute ago, newuser said:

They hated each other. 

Kiely and Sabrina are still best friends apparently. Adrienne and Kiely hate each other now, and Raven I think hates all of them :rip: 

M André

Because no one took them seriously, let.

xtina1

Um they did happen! The Cheetah Girls 1 and 2 soundtrack are the soundtrack of my LIFE! jdshfdsjfjds

PrettyHurts

they did and they're iconic 

ImmaSlave4u

I mean, they were massive. I’m not sure why it didn’t translate into actual chart success, but the movies were really big, and their music was a staple on Radio Disney lol. 

Dynamo
Posted (edited)

Hollywood Records mismanaged them like it happened to (Vanessa+Raven+Ashley+Jesse Mcrtney+Aly Aj....)

They were pretty huge worldwide and part of the "memories" of millions  thanks to disney channel.

They didnt lose at all i think. :heart2:

Im forever grateful to them for this urban dance bop :gaycat4: party fiesta fuego forever bzKIbFT.gif

and showing the beautiful side of Spain. They invented Barcelona :cm:

Daniel767
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, jdmc218 said:

1. Raven

2. Kiely and Adrienne don't f with each other anymore

3. It was just a Disney thing.

This,

Apparently Kiely was a huge ****ing bitch, from 3LW all the way to the Cheetah Girls

but they had bops tho ...

THERES A TIME, WHEN WE ALL CHOOSE, TO EITHER QUIT, OR FOLLOW THROUGH

giphy.gif

Popboi.

Didn’t their first 2 soundtracks sell well? And their debut album being on CD just at Target (**** promo and marketing ad well) and had an arena tour for their third soundtrack? For what they were they did cute.

rihannabiggestfan
5 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

Didn’t their first 2 soundtracks sell well? And their debut album being on CD just at Target (**** promo and marketing ad well) and had an arena tour for their third soundtrack? For what they were they did cute.

Their soundtracks with Raven did well, yes :cm:

Mezter

The movies were a pretty big deal. As a group...people wanted Raven, but they didn't get her so they kinda flopped. But they stayed releasing fire regardless. Fuego is still that song :jonny2: