First World that Seems Third World?

49 posts in this topic

Jude

Post first world countries that are low-key third world.

Elite Four Brad

US Intercities like Detroit, Chicago South Side and the Bronx in NYC

Florges

Northern Europe are supposed to be rich and everything but their cuisine is like it hasn’t changed since the days of feudalism when people used to sh*t on the streets and Queen Victoria was everyone’s grandma

Revolution

Eastern European countries, I guess. Relatively low GDP per capita compared to NA / W Europe and declining populations.

Also, East Asian tigers and Gulf oil states are wealthy but not very socially progressive.

ProudLBS

Some parts of Paris, and I'm not even talking about ~those~ neighborhoods 

Queen of Wembley

Italy was a mess bruh 

YungRapunxeI

ilomilo

I hear a lot of bad things about London

Kuntmonster

Italy is really quite third world in a lot of places.. You have some beautiful cities and destinations that are beautiful and seem like paradise on earth, but step outside of them and you see the reality. 

You only have to walk around the city of Naples for a day and step off of the high street to see how third world the country is.

Erreur2 La Nature
34 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

Some parts of Paris, and I'm not even talking about ~those~ neighborhoods 

That’s not true at all sis

itsnickcray

I think most of the big cities do have their own areas of ''third world'' vibes. Still not third world of course, but it looks and feels like one. And that's not gonna change if there's a poor and a rich.

ProudLBS
Just now, Erreur2 La Nature said:

That’s not true at all sis

Dirty (and smelly) streets, cops with big ass automatic guns patrolling the streets like it was the most normal thing ever, packed public transportation full of people pushing their sticky bodies against yours not to pay a ticket, etc.

The last time I went there was in 2011 tho, but with the terrorist attacks and all, it shouldn't be much better?

Trent W

Rural US is the definition of third world.

LA in some parts, all those little towns in Texas too etc.

It’s only the big cities the ones that are first world.

getinthezone
1 hour ago, Revolution said:

Eastern European countries, I guess. Relatively low GDP per capita compared to NA / W Europe and declining populations.

Also, East Asian tigers and Gulf oil states are wealthy but not very socially progressive.

eastern europe isnt first world

id say greece and portugal

Erreur2 La Nature
45 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

Dirty (and smelly) streets, cops with big ass automatic guns patrolling the streets like it was the most normal thing ever, packed public transportation full of people pushing their sticky bodies against yours not to pay a ticket, etc.

The last time I went there was in 2011 tho, but with the terrorist attacks and all, it shouldn't be much better?

But it’s not because the area you went in was dirty that it can be compared to the third world.

And transports in Paris are always full of people, yes, it’s well known

Wes

Hong Kong has a worse hygiene/environment than most first world places. Just compare the streets/buses/restaurants with those in Japan or Korea :sistrens:

Little Joannester
2 hours ago, Florges said:

Northern Europe are supposed to be rich and everything but their cuisine is like it hasn’t changed since the days of feudalism when people used to sh*t on the streets and Queen Victoria was everyone’s grandma

Age of Feudalism / Victorian Era. Pick one, cause there's over 500 years inbetween them.

Becky's pearls

The UK outside Southeast England. 

Florges
7 minutes ago, Little Joannester said:

Age of Feudalism / Victorian Era. Pick one, cause there's over 500 years inbetween them.

Feudalism existed til the 1800s