Condolences to our New Zealand & Muslim members affected by the Christchurch mosque shootings Read more... ×

What Happened To Jennifer Lawrence?

39 posts in this topic

Dingdong123

For years she was the top hollywood actress at such a young age. She starred in the Hunger Games franchise, XMen, had acclaimed roles in Silver Linings Playbook and American Hustle.

Now she’s collecting flop after flop with Red Sparrow, mother! and Passengers. What happened?

Aries

People find the stupidest things to call her problematic. I don't know but she's a great actress. Mother! is a great film imo.

Scotty

I think her nudes leaked and it destroyed her image, she was overexposed and also people grew quickly tired of her personality. She's like the new Anne Hathaway.

Rusty

mother! was the only real flop in there, and considering that movie... I'm not surprised. She has another X-Men movie this year, although it looks to be awful.

Maleficent

She was flavour of the month and now people have moved on. It's not the first time and it won't be the last.

Mr.Marvelous
17 minutes ago, Ribs said:

Passengers was a global box office success. :bibliahh:She is on a break now.

Just checked and it did $300M on a $110-150M budget, that's definitely a flop sis

Bey'Knight
13 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I think her nudes leaked and it destroyed her image, she was overexposed and also people grew quickly tired of her personality. She's like the new Anne Hathaway.

And to think she was the anti-Hathaway during the 2013 season. 

OT: Hathaway’s 2012-13 run is the dream run for an actress (minus the backlash but that was to do with her personality); an acclaimed summer smash blockbuster followed by an award winning turn in an acclaimed smash holiday release. 

Smarticle

Nude photo leak/Weinstein/Passengers pay controversy, Chris Pratt rumours/General fatigue of her personality happened

But X-Men: Dark Phoenix is coming 

Also,

I think she got recently engaged too 

Also she has some future projects coming up, she stays booked even if she is flopping :michael:

BILLIONAIRE✘BOY

Because she cant act lol :rip: Like said before she became the "hollywood it girl" a few years back and yeah... never really went anywhere after that because shes probably one of the most bland actresses to "act" ever. Just flat out horrid. I'd watch paint dry in slow motion rather than watch Jlaw try and emote. Everytime shes on the screen the Sudowoodo jumps out :rip: 

Dingdong123
25 minutes ago, Bey'Knight said:

And to think she was the anti-Hathaway during the 2013 season. 

OT: Hathaway’s 2012-13 run is the dream run for an actress (minus the backlash but that was to do with her personality); an acclaimed summer smash blockbuster followed by an award winning turn in an acclaimed smash holiday release. 

Anne Hathaway is really that bitch who’s here to stay. 

Princess Diaries

The Devil Wears Prada

Get Smart

Valentine’s Day

Alice in Wonderland

The Dark Knight Rises

Les Miserables

Interstellar

The Intern

Ocean’s 8

My wig went out with all the hits in her resume.

Bey'Knight
10 minutes ago, Dingdong123 said:

Anne Hathaway is really that bitch who’s here to stay. 

Princess Diaries

The Devil Wears Prada

Get Smart

Valentine’s Day

Alice in Wonderland

The Dark Knight Rises

Les Miserables

Interstellar

The Intern

Ocean’s 8

My wig went out with all the hits in her resume.

She’s up there with Sandra Bullock and Cate Blanchett as my fav actresses of all time. 

Kings.

She’s on a break and those “flop” movies still brought in decent box office numbers and she was praised for most of if not all of those roles. Keep this same energy when she comes back with all the starring roles/productions she’s working on.

WERKER

She’s got high profile roles coming up and has just finished her hiatus. Thanks for worrying about her but she’s fine sis. Red Sparrow and Mother! still made her some coins ! 

FrederickSpears

She had a horrible personality, and the GP turned on her. Also she can't act and her movies are terrible.

Thinking Of You

The theories in here :toofunny3: We just haven’t seen her in a while. We didn’t “turn” on her. 

Fetch

She’s right to take a break, her personality was becoming grating for the GP. No one cares about her nudes, or her association with Weinstein for that matter. Along with Hathaway and Stone, she’s one of this generations Hollywood darlings. I think she’ll come back on top.

Frozen99

she was on a break spreading political awareness within the youth community or sth

can't wait for her back