r/watchpeopledie & r/gore now BANNED from Reddit

133 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Pendulum said:

was it that pizza delivery guy who was forced into robbing a bank? 

SdYgmAE.gif

Yes i watched the doc on him on netflix and then found the full video on google 

what about r/the_donald?? 

They just did it because of the media pressure, otherwise they wouldn't do much. Funny how they didn't care when it was Brazil's school shooting but I guess since it's a third world country that kind of crime is expected. 

The comments in this post also help to bring some views. Seems some people watch it because of what they work with, someone said they worked with machinery and watching videos like those made him understand and be more aware of safety measures

Also I can't at people wanting to take a moral highground in a forum about popgirls chart :rip:SdYgmAE.gif

watching gore is not gonna turn you into a serial killer :priceless: the dramatics

What's the point of these subreddits though. It's disturbing.

On 3/16/2019 at 8:21 PM, eaucitronnée said:

people who deliberately say offensive or edgy things to appear edgy

So most of ATRL.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I noticed it. **** Reddit. So many videos were posted there about shootings in other countries but when some 1st world country shooting videos are posted all hell breaks loose.

On 3/16/2019 at 10:15 PM, Pharaoh said:

What the ****? I can't even believe what I'm reading... :biblio: 

''What do you do in your free time?''

''The usual... watch people die tragically on reddit''

I'm serious, you need help if you actually seek that **** out and watch it for the sake of it. Disgusting. The fact that you get desensitized is a BAD thing, we're really gonna have a generation of sociopaths. :mazen:

Exactly what part of wanting to learn more about the human condition is sociopathic? By your logic, are crime scene investigators and morticians sociopathic by nature, as well? Sociopathy in the precise sense is defined as an overt disregard of other people. It is commonly compared to Antisocial Personality Disorder. Watching videos of people dying is not inherently consistent with sociopathic personalities at all. 

Often times, the very reason these videos are sought out is because it gives us a small taste of how fragile and easily ended our lives truly are, but they allow us the psychological distance of knowing it's just an internet video so that we don't have to witness these things in real life in order to appreciate our lives (as well as those around us) more. r/watchpeopledie has been instrumentally useful in giving people a greater context as to how precious life is, and has even been useful in pointing out flaws in our traffic systems, workplace environments, and other common areas of human activity to help us prevent things like what we see in the videos from ever happening again. It comes from a place of sympathy and consideration.

If you don't want to watch it, don't. I'm not fond of these threads either, but I understand why others find them useful and I also understand that they can be valuable resources. Don't label someone's fascination with the human condition as sociopathic just because it makes you uncomfortable. Open your mind, sis.

Posted (edited)
On 3/16/2019 at 10:44 PM, Pharaoh said:

There literally is zero added value to your - weird - life and absolutely no gain from watching videos of people dying. I know this site obviously is at the very end of the moral compass, but the fact that you're actually trying to normalize watching people die as if it's some sort of everyday thing is just... disturbing. The most laughable thing about it, however, is that you somehow think your BIZARRE view is the standard, as if anyone disagreeing with you watching people lose their lives is the weird one. Like.. I can assure you if you leave this thread and inform any random person of your activities they would be totally appalled, not to mention creeped out.

I will 100% fully judge you and so would any other person with a normal functioning brain and moral compass.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor weirded out gif atrl

@Clueless congrats on living up to that name, love that for you.

By going on this baseless rant, you must assume that the people who frequent said threads are getting some kind of pleasure from viewing these videos? I'm sure there are a few, but those people are condemned by the rest of the community -- there's nothing standard about such blatant sadism and even the r/watchpeopledie community will tell you that. Nobody is saying that you're weird for not wanting to see these videos, that's such a major Straw Man. What they are saying is that there is a purpose in these videos being around in this context. I'll agree with you in that I'm not fond of watching these videos myself -- I'm far too tender hearted to stomach them. However, that in no way suggests that it's deranged or sociopathic to simply seek them out.

So, judge all you want, all you're proving is that you're ignorant and misinformed -- not the others.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, themroshawottguy said:

Exactly what part of wanting to learn more about the human condition is sociopathic? By your logic, are crime scene investigators and morticians sociopathic by nature, as well? Sociopathy in the precise sense is defined as an overt disregard of other people. It is commonly compared to Antisocial Personality Disorder. Watching videos of people dying is not inherently consistent with sociopathic personalities at all. 

Often times, the very reason these videos are sought out is because it gives us a small taste of how fragile and easily ended our lives truly are, but they allow us the psychological distance of knowing it's just an internet video so that we don't have to witness these things in real life in order to appreciate our lives (as well as those around us) more. r/watchpeopledie has been instrumentally useful in giving people a greater context as to how precious life is, and has even been useful in pointing out flaws in our traffic systems, workplace environments, and other common areas of human activity to help us prevent things like what we see in the videos from ever happening again. It comes from a place of sympathy and consideration.

If you don't want to watch it, don't. I'm not fond of these threads either, but I understand why others find them useful and I also understand that they can be valuable resources. Don't label someone's fascination with the human condition as sociopathic just because it makes you uncomfortable. Open your mind, sis.

1 hour ago, themroshawottguy said:

By going on this baseless rant, you must assume that the people who frequent said threads are getting some kind of pleasure from viewing these videos? I'm sure there are a few, but those people are condemned by the rest of the community -- there's nothing standard about such blatant sadism and even the r/watchpeopledie community will tell you that. Nobody is saying that you're weird for not wanting to see these videos, that's such a major Straw Man. What they are saying is that there is a purpose in these videos being around in this context. I'll agree with you in that I'm not fond of watching these videos myself -- I'm far too tender hearted to stomach them. However, that in no way suggests that it's deranged or sociopathic to simply seek them out.

So, judge all you want, all you're proving is that you're ignorant and misinformed -- not the others.

d

Listen pipsqueak, you can italicize your text and use psychological terms all you want to try to justify watching people die but you still sound beyond idiotic. Even moreso actually. Stuff like this is gone for the same reason they don’t allow child *****graphy: you can pretend to have a totally legitimate reason for looking at it, or you can ignore it because it disgusts you, but we all know why it’s there and who’s consuming it. Whether you get some type of gratification or excitement from watching people die or not is totally irrelevant, as it either way still promotes and glorifies violence. Death is not some typical ‘’activity’’ that everyone is objected to or just ‘’sees’’ on a regular basis. It’s the ending of someone’s life that is a tragic and private moment for them and the people around them. There is sick stuff all over the internet. People abusing animals, gore and people being murdered/dying. The fact that it’s out there doesn’t mean any person should seek it out and be desensitized to things any normal person would be disgusted and horrified by. Sociopaths don’t care about people suffering or experience empathy towards them. Sure, the first time you’ll see a video on that subreddit you’ll most likely be shocked but once you go deeper down that rabbit hole it eventually becomes like any other video for you. And that is immoral and objectively wrong.

And if you need to watch someone die in a car crash to remind you to drive safely you’re a ****ing moron, no ifs or buts about it. So I will once again continue to judge anyone who watches gross, violent videos and tries to paint it as some normal thing as if we need more glorification of that bs. Bye!

Not people trying to take the moral highground by enjoying watching people die.

It’s none of y’alls business how those people died and they surely wouldn’t want some creeps on the internet to examine their last moments on earth.

Have some respect.

SdYgmAE.gif

I'm sorry but anyone who watches people die is a bit sick upstairs to me. That's weird af and i don't understand how anyone can enjoy that. :mazen:

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Pharaoh said:

Sure, the first time you’ll see a video on that subreddit you’ll most likely be shocked but once you go deeper down that rabbit hole it eventually becomes like any other video for you. And that is immoral and objectively wrong.

How so? 

I'm not saying desensitization to violent images of death is necessarily a good thing. (neither is say, the phenomenon of being desensitized to sex bc of internet ****). But that doesn't mean they've become actually desensitized to death and violence itself. How differently would the same people would react to actually seeing death and not on a screen that they can choose to click away? Like, I could probably watch a grainy security footage video of a person run over by bus without flinching, but I saw a dead rabbit on the road on a walk the other day and literally felt ill. I imagine the vast majority of people who frequent these kind of sites would have the same reaction.

If you're against people watching these videos solely under the pretension that it is disrespectful to close ones and family and the dead person in question, I don't really have anything to say, though. 

B-b-but I just wanted to learn about the human condition! :bibliahh:  

This thread :rip:

good

WatchPeopleDie was just Chinese people getting run over while trying to cross the street or Russians falling off of balconies and roofs, with the occasional gruesome death. 

On Thursday night, a Reddit spokesperson told BuzzFeed News that /r/watchpeopledie, where links led to videos of people being executed or hit by cars, was allowed on the site because it provided a service to members — some of whom the company said were medical professionals or first responders — to learn about or cope with death. 

Do I have to believe this? :toofunny2:

On 3/18/2019 at 1:19 AM, VelvetCrush said:

They just did it because of the media pressure, otherwise they wouldn't do much. Funny how they didn't care when it was Brazil's school shooting but I guess since it's a third world country that kind of crime is expected. 

The comments in this post also help to bring some views. Seems some people watch it because of what they work with, someone said they worked with machinery and watching videos like those made him understand and be more aware of safety measures

What's PewDiePieSubmissions?? :deadbanana4:

12 minutes ago, Living Legend said:

What's PewDiePieSubmissions?? :deadbanana4:

a subreddit where people post memes and once a week pewdiepie goes through it and makes a video about it for his show LWIAY 

Gross. Why is 'watchpeopledie' even a thing? People need to go outside and engage with mankind more.

1 minute ago, velocity said:

a subreddit where people post memes and once a week pewdiepie goes through it and makes a video about it for his show LWIAY 

And why was one banned? Did they post gore stuff?

12 minutes ago, Living Legend said:

And why was one banned? Did they post gore stuff?

The one that was banned is not the official one and I guess it was banned because people posted the video of the christchurch shooter since he said 'subscribe to pewdiepie' in the stream. The official one was set to private to protect it from trolls posting the video of the shootings and from media to try to somehow blame pewdiepie for this.