July Town Hall Thread Read more... ×

r/watchpeopledie & r/gore now BANNED from Reddit

133 posts in this topic

People watched this kind of stuff? :biblio:

Posted (edited)

Sad /watchpeopledie got taken down

It was basically liveleaks with way less racism

people actually explain the nature, science and story behind those death to you.

Just now, Arxane said:

Just a reminder for to be careful, especially to elevators. Those things scare me now and well I'm a medical professional.

Yeah, I still don't see how being anxious about everyday things you encounter in your daily life is in any way beneficial for you, but I can somewhat see how it helps people who work in the medical field cope better with stuff.

I'm sure the majority of us are aware of the fact that unforeseen circumstances can technically always result in sudden death but constantly having those thoughts somewhere in the back of your mind can't be healthy.

54 minutes ago, eaucitronnée said:

:clap3: good

this is particularly interesting though. from what i've heard, the people who typically browse there are edgelords. but this is very very interesting

Most medical professionals would have access to a separate database to access these sorts of clips (which have been acquired with the consent of the patient). 

--

Thank God this mess has been shut down. I know if someone I loved/cared about died, I would not want their death published on some website for people to watch as sick entertainment :doc: 

I"m surprised it hasn't been banned sooner. There's still a lot of more morbid subreddits out there too.

This thread is giving me anxiety. :rip:

Good. Gross that people want to see that mess.

:biblio: didn't even know this was a thing. People are sick :biblio: 

i remember i accidently clicked on someone linking wpd when i first got on reddit a year ago, saw one post and was like absolutely not :rip: it got quarantined a few weeks after too. can't believe they banned it

a lot of people who frequently visited r/watchpeopledie (like myself) are normal people and would never hurt a fly. we just have a fascination with the human body. the reason i visitd that sub was because i wanted to be a detective (before i changed my major) and wanted to prepare and desensitize myself for what i would see in the field.

Some people are truly sick and disgusting!

1 hour ago, Arxane said:

r/watchpeopledie was just quarantined not too long ago.

That subreddit taught me mundane things and daily activities that can literally kill you when you least expected.

Sad.

1 hour ago, XtinaPanicGodney said:

r/watchpeopledie was one of my favorite sub-reddits i’m sad it got taken down.

1 hour ago, Ohno said:

I really liked r/watchpeopledie for some reason. Watching people die is hella weird and interesting.

1 hour ago, Arxane said:

I frequent the r/watchpeopledie subreddit.

Typically there are beheadings, suicides, shootings etc... I avoid those because, well, people die in those, as expected.

The ones I want to see are those that are out of the ordinary.

Reveal hidden contents

Like a dad piggybacking their son and he fell backwards, which snapped the child's neck.

Or a man walking down a sloped sidewalk and slid, there was no middle bar on the siderails he was holding on to and he fell headfirst on the street just as a truck runs by.

Or a man opening a truckful of sand and unfortunately he got crushed with it.

This really made me aware on how fragile a human is and that almost anything can kill you given the right yet unfortunate circumstances.

What the ****? I can't even believe what I'm reading... :biblio: 

''What do you do in your free time?''

''The usual... watch people die tragically on reddit''

I'm serious, you need help if you actually seek that **** out and watch it for the sake of it. Disgusting. The fact that you get desensitized is a BAD thing, we're really gonna have a generation of sociopaths. :mazen:

3 minutes ago, Pharaoh said:

I'm serious, you need help if you actually seek that **** out and watch it for the sake of it. Disgusting. The fact that you get desensitized is a BAD thing, we're really gonna have a generation of sociopaths. :mazen:

a lot of people who frequently visited r/watchpeopledie (like myself) are normal people and would never hurt a fly. we just have a fascination with the human body. the reason i visited that sub was because i wanted to be a detective (before i changed my major) and wanted to prepare and desensitize myself for what i would see in the field.

1 minute ago, XtinaPanicGodney said:

Thanks for proving... nothing I guess? seek help!

1 minute ago, Pharaoh said:

don't worry i am sane and normal but thank you

Just now, Pharaoh said:

People die, it actually makes you more aware if you've seen these sorts of things first hand rather than through a sensationalized headline. People are very sheltered when it comes to death and what i can do

1 hour ago, Lyrical. said:

This thread is giving me anxiety. :rip:

Good. Gross that people want to see that mess.

lmao right! ima stay away from elevators now :rip:

Posted (edited)

NOT r/watchpeopledie :biblio: 

EDIT: Oh, I was thinking of r/watchpeopledieinside. Mess @ there actually being a sub about people dying :skull: 

1 hour ago, XtinaPanicGodney said:

a lot of people who frequently visited r/watchpeopledie (like myself) are normal people and would never hurt a fly. we just have a fascination with the human body.

Exactly. Wtf @ some of the judgmental ass replies in here:rip:. Not surprised though considering this is ATRL.

Just now, Clueless said:

Exactly. Wtf @ some of the judgmental ass replies in here:rip:. Not surprised though considering this is ATRL.

people are just so rude. i would never find enjoyment in one's death. i did not use that subreddit for joy but used it to prepare myself for the career i wanted to do.

Just now, XtinaPanicGodney said:

people are just so rude. i would never find enjoyment in one's death. i did not use that subreddit for joy but used it to prepare myself for the career i wanted to do.

I just found the subreddit to be interesting in general. Death is apart of life, but I can understand people not wanting to see some of the stuff that's shown there. But to put other people down and call them sociopaths like :rip:

13 minutes ago, Pharaoh said:

nnnnnn chill sis. It' not like we're killing those people and upload it ourselfes while laughing at them or something like that. The overdramatics :deadbanana4::deadbanana2:

2 minutes ago, Ohno said:

nnnnnn chill sis. It' not like we're killing those people and upload it ourselfes while laughing at them or something like that. The overdramatics :deadbanana4::deadbanana2:

I know wtf jnkrdtfjkj

Is he 9 years old I-

I'm trying not to be judgmental, but I really can't see how watching people die "in normal circumstances" really has any benefit. We all know that kind of stuff happens. I mean, it might be interesting to see some specific cases that are absurd, but you gotta admit that's still a morbid thing to want to actual see with your own eyes. Just reading articles about ~weird deaths~ is enough.

IL0ifuy.gif

13 minutes ago, Miss Bank$ said:

People die, it actually makes you more aware if you've seen these sorts of things first hand rather than through a sensationalized headline. People are very sheltered when it comes to death and what i can do

7 minutes ago, Clueless said:

I just found the subreddit to be interesting in general. Death is apart of life, but I can understand people not wanting to see some of the stuff that's shown there. But to put other people down and call them sociopaths like :rip:

7 minutes ago, Ohno said:

There literally is zero added value to your - weird - life and absolutely no gain from watching videos of people dying. I know this site obviously is at the very end of the moral compass, but the fact that you're actually trying to normalize watching people die as if it's some sort of everyday thing is just... disturbing. The most laughable thing about it, however, is that you somehow think your BIZARRE view is the standard, as if anyone disagreeing with you watching people lose their lives is the weird one. Like.. I can assure you if you leave this thread and inform any random person of your activities they would be totally appalled, not to mention creeped out.

I will 100% fully judge you and so would any other person with a normal functioning brain and moral compass.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor weirded out gif atrl

@Clueless congrats on living up to that name, love that for you.