Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

naughty

Chernobyl (Miniseries)

Eóghan

just finished ep 1

wow this is like a horror movie except everything actually happened in real life, i had chills throughout 

can't wait to see the rest

gerardsuxx

This was amazing 

ynneg

This was phenomenal :jonny:10/10

KylieistBoi

I mean every episode was good to great but that episode 5 was on some other level :jonny5: I thought this would be style over substance b/c of the hype on the internet, but wow for once the internet did not disappoint. 

Episode 4 was my least favorite, those poor puppies :weeps:

Fetch

This was fine. Felt a bit rushed but I guess it is a miniseries. I didn’t really learn much or was shocked by much, as I’ve read up on Chernobyl quite a bit. The make up was great, as were the sets. Acting was good to average. I got a kii from them speaking English while pointing to Russian words lol it’s a hard thing to pull off well but I only really was thrown by it a few times in the whole series.

What came of the animal controllers? 

Recidive

Honestly, this is one of the best TV shows I have ever seen :jonny2:

Mark Rih

This premiered over here last night. It's SO well done, I've always been fascinated / terrified about Chernobyl so I'm really feeling it. Can't wait to see the other 4 episodes. Loving the details like the use of the real firefighters emergency call, the vnimanie vnimanie audio, etc :jonny5:

omrimayo

Watched the whole 5 episodes with my husband on a Saturday and it was everything I ever hoped for. Just amazing, hunting and perfect. A solid 10.

Eóghan

just finished the last episode ... whew a ****in masterpiece :deadbanana:

remember a time when movies used to serve quality like this, they don't anymore; cancel the oscars already

materialboy

I just finished it and it was amazing.

One of the best TV series i've watched.Really well excuted,great actors and make-up.Loved the final 5 minutes of the last episode.

Kevin2803

I finally watched all episodes and it was so horrifying and sad. I obviously knew about Chernobyl, but i never read much about it and didn't know how bad it really was. Amazing show :clap3:

ReverseWarholian

Started watching this under the impression I would lose interest but was pleasantly surprised by how well done it is! Strong acting by the three leads, and very educational and historically accurate overall while still being a phenomenal and stylish piece of art. I feel like most people know about Chernobyl the nuclear disaster and less about the crucial idiotic missteps that occurred in the hours / moments leading up to it and catastrophic aftermath. To think how easily it could have been avoided! 

The Emmys are not safe :jonny4:

ReverseWarholian
On 6/11/2019 at 9:53 AM, Eóghan said:

just finished the last episode ... whew a ****in masterpiece :deadbanana:

remember a time when movies used to serve quality like this, they don't anymore; cancel the oscars already

OK the final episode was literal tea being spilled in every frame. That testimony scene w/ the test flashbacks. They don't make them like this anymore! :clap3:

BadMonster

The more time passes after having watched this, the more ‘meh’ it feels. Probably the most overhyped and overrated series ever :rip: 

Rider

I still need to watch this

Eóghan
2 hours ago, BadMonster said:

The more time passes after having watched this, the more ‘meh’ it feels. Probably the most overhyped and overrated series ever :rip: 

still the best rated tv show of all time on imdb; seethe 

:fan:

Leptine

Amazing show, very well done.