Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Chernobyl (Miniseries)

86 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Edibles. said:

Okay last nights episode was NOT the tea. Boring as Hell.

29 minutes ago, Schhh said:

I loved the second episode, it was very thrilling. 

nnnn. let me wait til the whole thing is done and see what y'all have to say.

Spoiler

Jared Harris committing suicide the same way he did in Mad Men sent me dddd

5 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

nnnn. let me wait til the whole thing is done and see what y'all have to say.

This episode just didn't hold my attention. The last fifteen minutes or so was nice though. 

This show is GREAT. 

I'm so shook by this, the first two episodes were insanely good :jonny5: Pretty sure this will be the miniseries of 2019.

ive heard good things about this show.

It's really crazy to watch this show and wonder if the potential impact they describe is dramatization or real life - then you realize this all happened. The three episodes were all super engaging.

Spoiler

Hated how she couldn't not touch her husband :deadbanana: the make up they did for him was so good I was mesmerized. I'm hooked

love this :alexz:

Episode 3 was insane!

I'm such a weirdo for getting turned on during the naked coal miners scene :skull: 

This is one of the best miniseries I've ever watched, honestly.

Every episode is so compelling, I sit there with my hands over my mouth half the time. I was wondering where they'd go to sustain the tension after giving the explosion to the first few moments of the first episode. But they've found a way to continuously drive in just how horrific the accident really was. Each episode has a different emotional wallop. I actually watched the first two for a second time, back to back, because a friend of mine was catching up. And they hold together beautifully, it felt like watching a proper movie, it was seamless.

I know that next week's episode is going to crush me. I just finished the third episode and it was horrific and seriously - if someone ever nukes Chicago, just put me directly under the bomb, turn me into a shadow on the ground instantly, I want no part of "their veins and arteries split open, so you can't even administer morphine for the pain, which is unimaginable." But the fourth episode promises to violate my one serious storytelling taboo: watching animals die.

I'm really looking forward to (eventually) watching all five, one after the next. I got my coworkers watching it and we're discussing it every week now, it's raising a lot of questions, it's provocative, and it's teaching me. Not only do I learn just from watching the show (brb let me stock up on iodine tablets), but I then go and read even more about what happened in the episode. Television at its finest, honestly.

I- how did they do the effects of the guys in the hospital severely rotted away in the latest episode? We’re they animatronic? CGI?

3 hours ago, Humoresque said:

This is one of the best miniseries I've ever watched, honestly.

Every episode is so compelling, I sit there with my hands over my mouth half the time. I was wondering where they'd go to sustain the tension after giving the explosion to the first few moments of the first episode. But they've found a way to continuously drive in just how horrific the accident really was. Each episode has a different emotional wallop. I actually watched the first two for a second time, back to back, because a friend of mine was catching up. And they hold together beautifully, it felt like watching a proper movie, it was seamless.

I know that next week's episode is going to crush me. I just finished the third episode and it was horrific and seriously - if someone ever nukes Chicago, just put me directly under the bomb, turn me into a shadow on the ground instantly, I want no part of "their veins and arteries split open, so you can't even administer morphine for the pain, which is unimaginable." But the fourth episode promises to violate my one serious storytelling taboo: watching animals die.

I'm really looking forward to (eventually) watching all five, one after the next. I got my coworkers watching it and we're discussing it every week now, it's raising a lot of questions, it's provocative, and it's teaching me. Not only do I learn just from watching the show (brb let me stock up on iodine tablets), but I then go and read even more about what happened in the episode. Television at its finest, honestly.

bruh, I'm terrified of radiation now. :skull: The dread really hits home how much of a living hell this situation was for everyone involved.

My dad was exposed to Agent Orange in Vietnam and it ****ed up his body horribly overtime.

Incredibly executed. Brilliantly done all around. It isn't slow and get's to the point every single time. Like this is a near perfect miniseries so far. It's just so terrifying because this actually happened and not even that long ago. Wow.

On 5/21/2019 at 11:41 PM, Roman Holiday said:

Episode 3 was insane!

I'm such a weirdo for getting turned on during the naked coal miners scene :skull: 

There was one with a long one :dies:

This is so good wtf ? Why aren't more people watching on ATRL ?

I was about to cancel my HBO subscription after that Game Of Thrones season finale and fiasco, but they had me by the balls with this one.

Also Second Highest rated tv show ever :alexz:

Can't wait to watch this and "When They See Us" after my exams (last exam is on June 3rd):jonny5:

the hospital scenes in ep3..... literal chills omg

All the comments here got me really excited... Let me go watch!

I totally love it. Can't wait for the next two episodes.

On 5/21/2019 at 9:41 PM, Roman Holiday said:

Episode 3 was insane!

Yes :jonny2:

Oh so this is good? The trailers looked interesting but I didn't think It would be something I'm into. I guess I'll make use of my HBO subscription while i still have it

this is good damn :jonny5:

Catching up now. So weird to see things dat happened in ur childhood brought to life in a series 

On 5/21/2019 at 4:41 PM, Roman Holiday said:

Episode 3 was insane!

its become a meme on the official subreddit :dies:

I need to rewatch the episode 3 because I felt slept half way through it but the series is so good :jonny: