Jump to content
Condolences to our New Zealand & Muslim members affected by the Christchurch mosque shootings Read more... ×

Paula Abdul: New music coming

23 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

stephen1108

The true queen of pop making her return :duca:

 

Spellbound is THAT album, and y'all will deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Inverted

 

8 hours ago, stephen1108 said:

The true queen of pop making her return :duca:

 

Spellbound is THAT album, and y'all will deal. 

I just listened to Head Over Heels for the first time recently and it's really ahead of his time. I can't think if any pop star with an Asian-themed song before My Love is For Real.

 

8 hours ago, DatChickDoe said:

She has been promising a new album for a decade. Shania Twain teas 

Well, a new album was supposed to come in the early 2000s, but she gave up on it. Spinning Around, the comeback song she co-wrote, went to Kylie Minogue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Swag
8 hours ago, DatChickDoe said:

She has been promising a new album for a decade. Shania Twain teas 

For more than two decades actually... Us Paula fans know to take her new album talks with a huge grain of salt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Swag
3 minutes ago, Inverted said:

 

I just listened to Head Over Heels for the first time recently and it's really ahead of his time. I can't think if any pop star with an Asian-themed song before My Love is For Real.

 

She was also asked bout songs that she wanted to have as singles and she mentioned Ho Down and Under the Influence. Ho Down would have been a killer video visually and choreographically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Melancholy
4 hours ago, Inverted said:

I just listened to Head Over Heels for the first time recently and it's really ahead of his time. I can't think if any pop star with an Asian-themed song before My Love is For Real.

it really captured the 90s perfectly :( r&B ballads, hip hop influenced tracks, pop tracks, jack swing, "vintage sampling" pop songs and yes even asian themed song sis DID THAT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Melancholy
4 hours ago, Swag said:

She was also asked bout songs that she wanted to have as singles and she mentioned Ho Down and Under the Influence. Ho Down would have been a killer video visually and choreographically.

i wishe performed aint never gonna give you up somewheere else in addition to only jay leno (?) that **** quality version of the performance on youtube does not do the song justice :( that CHOREO UGH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Inverted
8 hours ago, Melancholy said:

it really captured the 90s perfectly :( r&B ballads, hip hop influenced tracks, pop tracks, jack swing, "vintage sampling" pop songs and yes even asian themed song sis DID THAT

It deserved better.

 

8 hours ago, hellocory said:

I’m mad we never got this 

 

 

I remember this. I hate the excessive auto tune, but I loved the chorus they used in some MTV show opening credits:

 

 

Kylie's version has better vocals, but I domt like the production.

 

12 hours ago, Swag said:

For more than two decades actually... Us Paula fans know to take her new album talks with a huge grain of salt.

Well, it won't come out if there isn't enough demand. That's why she kept canceling yand rescheduling tour dates and claiming it was "technical difficulties."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Swag
10 hours ago, Melancholy said:

it really captured the 90s perfectly :( r&B ballads, hip hop influenced tracks, pop tracks, jack swing, "vintage sampling" pop songs and yes even asian themed song sis DID THAT

Yes a tour during HOH would have been it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Inverted
On 3/16/2019 at 1:21 PM, Suspendedintheair said:

I hope the current artists never get this rich and complacent...

I don't think being complacent is the reason. She flopped hard with Head over Heels and probably lost confidence.

 

On 3/16/2019 at 2:46 PM, Paula Abdul said:

Spellbound Pt. II is coming.

Another album with mostly ballads? Yeah right. :rip: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paula Abdul
1 hour ago, Inverted said:

I don't think being complacent is the reason. She flopped hard with Head over Heels and probably lost confidence.

 

Another album with mostly ballads? Yeah right. :rip: 

I can agree "Will You Marry Me?" was a bad single choice. My Virgin label should had pick "Rock House" and "U" (feat. Prince)" as saviour hit singles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Inverted
5 minutes ago, Paula Abdul said:

I can agree "Will You Marry Me?" was a bad single choice. My Virgin label should had pick "Rock House" and "U" (feat. Prince)" as saviour hit singles. 

Will You Marry Me? is one of the best songs on Spellbound. If it were released before your Vibeology disaster, it would have been a bigger hit. Rock House should have been the second single.

 

Promise of a New Day is your worst #1 (although I personally like it). I always thought the line was "evil's calling and calling your name". The song would have been better that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Swag
2 hours ago, Paula Abdul said:

I can agree "Will You Marry Me?" was a bad single choice. My Virgin label should had pick "Rock House" and "U" (feat. Prince)" as saviour hit singles. 

Yass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites